Audi A6 v. BMW 535xi
By keiths7 on
2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)
I decided that my next car would be a BMW 535xi or the Audi A6. My wife drives a 2008 BMW 535xi T and we really love the car...it does drive like a dream. However, the new 2012 BMW 535xi is a big disappointment. Driving characteristics are null/void...nothing there...boring. Is the BMW nice- yes, absolutely. Is it refined, of course. But ultimately the BMW does not compare to the new Audi A6. I was shocked, floored and surprised. It is that noticable of a difference. We are thrilled with the purchase, ride, technology, and price ($2,000 off for current BMW owners). Most gorgeous car we've ever owned...and my 6 & 8 year olds love the heated seats.
Favorite Features
LED Headlights, rear seat ventilation controls/heated seats for kids, Nav system, LED interior lighting, easy to figure controls. seats are very comfortable, everything is at my fingertips. There is so much to learn....I love learning.
Suggested Improvements
$30 a month for T-Mobile access for google maps??? Are you kidding me? I really could care less if I get to see a mountain, building or trees in my nav system. Mobile hotspot...sounds great but again, I can do that with my iPhone. Complete waste of money and rip-off. Nice to have, sure...but at $360 a year forget it. If Audi offered this for $5 a month, a different story entirely.