Used 2012 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Audi A6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

The Best car I ever drove
By audi13

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I am a new Audi owner, I never thought this car would be so much fun to drive, it is light and fast, if you are wanting a fast car that is easy on the fuel, this car is the best one. My last trip was about 540 miles and I had another 125 miles left on the range using the same tank of gas, this car comes with a cvt that allows the car to drive in like a manual, automatic, or a CVT, if you want to drive easy it is so smooth on the highway, if you want a more power then shift it to dynamic mode and you will get to 120 miles/ hour in seconds. You will get a rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The interior is Awsome, This year Mercedes-Benz and BMW left are left the dust.

Favorite Features

Interior, Lights,Power, Transmission

Certainly different from prior A6's
By shanenolan2

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I have only had this car about a week and its my 3rd A6 with Premium plus package. I replaced an 06 with a 2012 . While this A6 is quite nice, it does lack the luxury feel that accompanied my last 2006 A6 with the same package. Sound proofing seems a little less and the road noise is certainly more noticeable. I had 18" tires on my last A6 and barely heard them. Now its an issue. Things like keyless entry which came with Premium plus editions has new limitations. Its really just key less start as you have to use the fob to unlock and lock the doors. This was not the case in the 2006 version. Its still early in ownership so maybe I will forget how great the other A6's were

Favorite Features

Great GPS !

German Gem with Head Turning Looks
By live2design

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I am very pleased with my decision on purchasing the Audi A6. It has great exterior design combined with great interior design and fit/finish. I love the many subtle design cues that I didn't notice when shopping around. I have enjoyed the Audi MMI and find it very easy to operate and get familiarized with; while it also appears to seamlessly pair and operate with my iPhone for telephony and audio uses. At night, the cabin is nicely lighted with the "cockpit" lights and nice (adjustable) ambient lighting which I didn't even know it had prior to purchasing. I feel Audi has a strong product portfolio for 2012 that has exceptional design, technology and value among its luxury

Favorite Features

I ending up purchasing a black 2.0 Premium Plus with the 19" Sport Package and black interior, matte finish walnut trim and a black headliner. I do love the black headliner as it is a subtle addition that makes the interior feel more luxurious without really being noticed unless you point it out to others. Also, I get a lot of compliments on their new LED headlight redesign with a solid "light bar" replacing the "dotted" LED look on earlier Audi's they have come known for. The 19" sport wheels also get a lot of attention from onlookers as their matte silver finish looks great against the black and chrome exterior.

Suggested Improvements

I had been contemplating between the 3.0 and 2.0, I was concerned that the 2.0 would feel underpowered. However, after purchasing the 2.0 and driving it for 6 months now it is definitely not an issue (especially when you drive in "sport" mode.) I have had others drive my car and comment on the power and responsiveness of the car. Now, I am not saying that this is "track ready" by any means, however it certainly has the ability to jettison you onto the freeway or bypassing the paparazzi.

Innovative, fast, unusually competent
By boston02115

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I have owned Audi's in years past, and my 2012 A6 (Prestige 3.0 Supercharged V6) shows how intensely the brand intends to play against global competitors. The car has a very modern exterior view, embodied most in the LED headlights and aggressive front. The interior has a tight, modern aesthetic that feels very comfortable to occupy. I deleted sport options on my ordered vehicle, and the ride on the 18" wheels is palatial on rougher New England roads while still being tight and making a fairly heavy car feel very nimble and spry. Excellent MPG for the effortless, continuous power available. Whisper quiet at 85MPH. BOSE stereo is clean but could use more punch. Flawless snow performance.

Favorite Features

Adaptive Cruise Control - works well at following variable speed traffic, including stop/go traffic. Works best in super heavy or light highway traffic. Braking Guard - Stops the car to avoid collision when you fail to do so. It's the future. Side Assist - Very helpful in day-to-day use. The vehicle clearly indicates when it's safe to change lanes. LED Headlights - well worth the upcharge, the LED's light up green highway signs and road stripes like an arcade game at night. They are so brilliant it's surprising that they passed regulatory review. Used to "signal" someone slow on the highway, they are so bright as to almost light up the lower cloud layer and cannot be ignored. Amazing.

Suggested Improvements

Side Assist should have an auditory warning option when you signal to change lanes and the vehicle knows there is a car in the blind spot. Voice commands need to be more universal. For example, the car will not recognize the "bluetooth" command if you are trying to turn on iPhone audio streaming when the map is up. That command would only work when the primary display shows radio/audio controls. Likewise, you cannot say "Navigate to home" when the radio is on, you have to switch to the map view first. The key fob is simply too large/heavy, as has been the case for years now. Ventilated seats should be connected to the A/C system to actually chill the seat instead of just venting it.

This Car Picked Me!
By mlrh100

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

As many drivers of mid-sized luxury sport sedans, I too considered the usual suspects: 535Xi, 3-class, Lex-GS, and a few others. This Audi combines style with power and great handling. It's for driving and after checking the competition, this car rose above them and "picked me". My best car decision!

Favorite Features

If you like, use and find the technology key to your motoring enjoyment, then this is the ride for you. The MMI interface is cutting edge, functional and easy to use once you become familiar with the set up.