2012 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Love This Car....
By madkaw9562 on 12/04/11 18:46 PM (PST)

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Was not in love with the new BMW 5 series (last car), so gave this a look and am really happy that I did. The interior is just very nice. Very elegant. Not that cold and sterile look that BMW conveys (my opinion of course). Just enough buttons to do what you want without that cluttered Acura "we have a button or knob for everything" look. The performance is a good balance between certainly gets the job done while maintaining good fuel economy which I actually car about these days. On the exterior, the LED lights and 20" rims give it that slightly aggressive and sporty look that BMW has lost (again, just my opinion). So easy to use everything. Good interface.

Awesome car with painful seats
By mooreslawcars on 10/20/11 20:37 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

2012 A6 is a triumph of technology and if you option it you can get amazing nav, heads-up display, adaptive cruise control that works in the most stop & go of traffic. In dash display and 7 inch pop up displays are great and more in the line of sight (and hence ? safer) than typical nav systems. The night vision system is not helpful to the extent that it only seems to show pedestrians at certain midrange distances and doesn't appear to be programmed to detect anything else (deer). Shuts down at above 77 degrees F. Unfortunately design rounding the side bolsters of the seats up into the shoulder blades makes the seats painful to sit in (average ht, wt male) so will likely be selling car.

Incredible, Fabulous ... WOW!!!
By joea1772 on 09/20/11 16:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

First time Audi owner ... I could not be happier with the A6. Considered the BMW 535xi, e350, and Infiniti 37x. Test drove each 2 different times and each time I was swayed towards the A6. BMW was quickly eliminated because of the run flat tires. I have heard several stories that they are costly and prone to issues. 37x was eliminated because the shifting seemed a bit harsh and quirky. Also, I did not like the navigation. e350 was eliminated (even though I was offered a 11% off MSRP) because in the end I preferred the ride, feel, and technology of the A6. For me, the A6 offered the best ride and performance of the others.

Sporty car, great interior, great for family
By timct on 09/05/11 04:40 AM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

This is my first German car and am very happy so far. I compared the new A6 to 535xi and Infiniti M. The A6's interior was by far the best of the three - very comfortable seats, awesome high tech features, and enough room for 3 kids in the back. MMI/voice system works much better than the BMW's version. Great fuel efficiency on highway, much better than 28 mpg rated. One of best features is adaptive cruise control, which works amazingly well. One downside in this particular vehicle was that it was built and sold with a "2.0T" badge on rear and was also sold without the appropriate rear view camera chip, both items which the dealer will address. Braking a tad longer than on my '10 MDX.

Great fun
By revdr2 on 07/28/11 22:54 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Compared A-6 to BMW 535 and bought A-6 which had much more standard equipment and is more fun to drive and visually striking.

My Dream Car!
By barry626 on 06/29/11 18:31 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Car is beyond words.Materials is of the finest. A6 flys like a rocket & FLAWLESS in everyway! I had a 2012 Mustang on order & one look at the A6 & I was sold. So much for the MUSTANG. The $60,000 + is worth every penny for this car!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Audi A6 Sedan in VA is:

$131 per month*