Used 2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Audi A6 w/20" Sport Package classes them all
By houstonowner

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I've had my Audi A6 for 3 months now and there are no real disappointments. I love the rock solid feel of the car. The acceleration is impressive for such a large car. While the technology is impressive, Audi has a little ways to go with the AudiConnect feed - the Online services such as news, sports, etc. are too limited. I love the WiFi connectivity. The next generation should add much more content. The interior is extremely spacious and comfortable.

Favorite Features

Adaptive cruise control and brown nougat interior leather.

Suggested Improvements

AudiConnect content.

This Car Picked Me!
By mlrh100

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

As many drivers of mid-sized luxury sport sedans, I too considered the usual suspects: 535Xi, 3-class, Lex-GS, and a few others. This Audi combines style with power and great handling. It's for driving and after checking the competition, this car rose above them and "picked me". My best car decision!

Favorite Features

If you like, use and find the technology key to your motoring enjoyment, then this is the ride for you. The MMI interface is cutting edge, functional and easy to use once you become familiar with the set up.

Innovative, fast, unusually competent
By boston02115

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I have owned Audi's in years past, and my 2012 A6 (Prestige 3.0 Supercharged V6) shows how intensely the brand intends to play against global competitors. The car has a very modern exterior view, embodied most in the LED headlights and aggressive front. The interior has a tight, modern aesthetic that feels very comfortable to occupy. I deleted sport options on my ordered vehicle, and the ride on the 18" wheels is palatial on rougher New England roads while still being tight and making a fairly heavy car feel very nimble and spry. Excellent MPG for the effortless, continuous power available. Whisper quiet at 85MPH. BOSE stereo is clean but could use more punch. Flawless snow performance.

Favorite Features

Adaptive Cruise Control - works well at following variable speed traffic, including stop/go traffic. Works best in super heavy or light highway traffic. Braking Guard - Stops the car to avoid collision when you fail to do so. It's the future. Side Assist - Very helpful in day-to-day use. The vehicle clearly indicates when it's safe to change lanes. LED Headlights - well worth the upcharge, the LED's light up green highway signs and road stripes like an arcade game at night. They are so brilliant it's surprising that they passed regulatory review. Used to "signal" someone slow on the highway, they are so bright as to almost light up the lower cloud layer and cannot be ignored. Amazing.

Suggested Improvements

Side Assist should have an auditory warning option when you signal to change lanes and the vehicle knows there is a car in the blind spot. Voice commands need to be more universal. For example, the car will not recognize the "bluetooth" command if you are trying to turn on iPhone audio streaming when the map is up. That command would only work when the primary display shows radio/audio controls. Likewise, you cannot say "Navigate to home" when the radio is on, you have to switch to the map view first. The key fob is simply too large/heavy, as has been the case for years now. Ventilated seats should be connected to the A/C system to actually chill the seat instead of just venting it.

Really Enjoying My A6
By autodriven

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I looked at several cars including BMW, Mercedes and Lexus. The detail to fit and finish on interior materials was the deciding factor for me. Audi is top notch on their quality materials. Plenty of power from the V6 engine; love the AWD and the car simply has a smooth feel to it.

Favorite Features

The very comfortable seats, headlight treatments and attention to the detail and craftsmanship.

Suggested Improvements

There were only two minor issues I would recommend changing. The OEM tires - Continnential tires are the worse. With 200 miles on my car, those OEM tires began developing bubbles on all the sidewalls. What an awful tire. I am trying to get the dealership to replace them. The other item - why is the Bang n Olufsen sound system so expensive in the A6, and only a minor upgrade cost in an A4. Otherwise very happy with my purchase.

Almost perfect!
By big_g

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Everytime I look at my A6 I seem to love it just a little bit more. WE looked at EVERYTHING, including E-Class (hated the plastic interior), 5 series (hated the nav system), ES350 (nice car but unstimulating), GS350 (overpriced), S80 (questionable reliability) and Genesis (couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a Hyundai). The A6 blows them all away with the understated class and top notch interior. iIf I had to find one thing, I would complain about the the size of the side pillar between the front and back seats (I am not a card designer so I don't know the official name). it's a little too thick and when making a let turn you sometimes have to lean forward to check for traffic.

Favorite Features

MMI system is great and love the instrument/info cluster in the dash. Interior fit and finish is unmatchable in this class.

Suggested Improvements

Side pillar could be a bit narrower, wish the keys had separate memories so it automatically adjust the seats and mirror to which key is in vehicle (Our Acura does that)