2012 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Audi A6 w/20" Sport Package classes them all
By houstonowner on 04/25/12 20:25 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I've had my Audi A6 for 3 months now and there are no real disappointments. I love the rock solid feel of the car. The acceleration is impressive for such a large car. While the technology is impressive, Audi has a little ways to go with the AudiConnect feed - the Online services such as news, sports, etc. are too limited. I love the WiFi connectivity. The next generation should add much more content. The interior is extremely spacious and comfortable.

This Car Picked Me!
By mlrh100 on 04/18/12 18:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

As many drivers of mid-sized luxury sport sedans, I too considered the usual suspects: 535Xi, 3-class, Lex-GS, and a few others. This Audi combines style with power and great handling. It's for driving and after checking the competition, this car rose above them and "picked me". My best car decision!

Innovative, fast, unusually competent
By boston02115 on 04/17/12 20:30 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I have owned Audi's in years past, and my 2012 A6 (Prestige 3.0 Supercharged V6) shows how intensely the brand intends to play against global competitors. The car has a very modern exterior view, embodied most in the LED headlights and aggressive front. The interior has a tight, modern aesthetic that feels very comfortable to occupy. I deleted sport options on my ordered vehicle, and the ride on the 18" wheels is palatial on rougher New England roads while still being tight and making a fairly heavy car feel very nimble and spry. Excellent MPG for the effortless, continuous power available. Whisper quiet at 85MPH. BOSE stereo is clean but could use more punch. Flawless snow performance.

Really Enjoying My A6
By autodriven on 02/25/12 05:36 AM (PST)

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I looked at several cars including BMW, Mercedes and Lexus. The detail to fit and finish on interior materials was the deciding factor for me. Audi is top notch on their quality materials. Plenty of power from the V6 engine; love the AWD and the car simply has a smooth feel to it.

Almost perfect!
By big_g on 02/13/12 09:25 AM (PST)

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Everytime I look at my A6 I seem to love it just a little bit more. WE looked at EVERYTHING, including E-Class (hated the plastic interior), 5 series (hated the nav system), ES350 (nice car but unstimulating), GS350 (overpriced), S80 (questionable reliability) and Genesis (couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a Hyundai). The A6 blows them all away with the understated class and top notch interior. iIf I had to find one thing, I would complain about the the size of the side pillar between the front and back seats (I am not a card designer so I don't know the official name). it's a little too thick and when making a let turn you sometimes have to lean forward to check for traffic.

AWESOME CAR!!!
By psycsurg on 01/30/12 16:29 PM (PST)

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I absolutely love this car, amazing power, wonderful stability and control, immaculate interior, perfect craftsmanship!!!

Audi A6 v. BMW 535xi
By keiths7 on 12/30/11 03:52 AM (PST)

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I decided that my next car would be a BMW 535xi or the Audi A6. My wife drives a 2008 BMW 535xi T and we really love the car...it does drive like a dream. However, the new 2012 BMW 535xi is a big disappointment. Driving characteristics are null/void...nothing there...boring. Is the BMW nice- yes, absolutely. Is it refined, of course. But ultimately the BMW does not compare to the new Audi A6. I was shocked, floored and surprised. It is that noticable of a difference. We are thrilled with the purchase, ride, technology, and price ($2,000 off for current BMW owners). Most gorgeous car we've ever owned...and my 6 & 8 year olds love the heated seats.

Love This Car....
By madkaw9562 on 12/04/11 18:46 PM (PST)

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Was not in love with the new BMW 5 series (last car), so gave this a look and am really happy that I did. The interior is just very nice. Very elegant. Not that cold and sterile look that BMW conveys (my opinion of course). Just enough buttons to do what you want without that cluttered Acura "we have a button or knob for everything" look. The performance is a good balance between certainly gets the job done while maintaining good fuel economy which I actually car about these days. On the exterior, the LED lights and 20" rims give it that slightly aggressive and sporty look that BMW has lost (again, just my opinion). So easy to use everything. Good interface.

Awesome car with painful seats
By mooreslawcars on 10/20/11 20:37 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

2012 A6 is a triumph of technology and if you option it you can get amazing nav, heads-up display, adaptive cruise control that works in the most stop & go of traffic. In dash display and 7 inch pop up displays are great and more in the line of sight (and hence ? safer) than typical nav systems. The night vision system is not helpful to the extent that it only seems to show pedestrians at certain midrange distances and doesn't appear to be programmed to detect anything else (deer). Shuts down at above 77 degrees F. Unfortunately design rounding the side bolsters of the seats up into the shoulder blades makes the seats painful to sit in (average ht, wt male) so will likely be selling car.

Incredible, Fabulous ... WOW!!!
By joea1772 on 09/20/11 16:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

First time Audi owner ... I could not be happier with the A6. Considered the BMW 535xi, e350, and Infiniti 37x. Test drove each 2 different times and each time I was swayed towards the A6. BMW was quickly eliminated because of the run flat tires. I have heard several stories that they are costly and prone to issues. 37x was eliminated because the shifting seemed a bit harsh and quirky. Also, I did not like the navigation. e350 was eliminated (even though I was offered a 11% off MSRP) because in the end I preferred the ride, feel, and technology of the A6. For me, the A6 offered the best ride and performance of the others.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Audi A6 in VA is:

$141 per month*