Used 2012 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

German "cruise" missile
By GW

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I was fortunate enough to find a rare very loaded A6 just off lease. Previous owner had Audi Care so all the services were done-key to a used Audi. Car has Sport Package, night vision, HUD, Prestige, OEM 20" wheels, Havana black-incredibly cool color upon close inspection- nougat interior heated cooled, LED headlights and interior, adaptive cruise, Nav, becomes WIFI hotspot, on and on. Huge trunk, fold down rear seats-tons of cargo spaceDoes not have B&O sound, my traded S4 did. Have to say I find nothing to fault with the Bose surround to take nothing away from B&O both are great (Bose$6K+ additional cost on this car. MSRP was $67K. Bought for $34.5K with 49K miles. Car presents as near new. 8 speed auto is a pleasant upgrade from the 7 speed in S4. DSG was great but, this tranny shifts like silk and does not require costly DSG fluid replacement intervals. Plus you still get the paddles if you want to use them. Mileage is a solid 28-29 highway. 8th gear makes the difference. S4 struggled to get 23 on highway. Pick up is robust when needed but, super smooth and comfortable unless you get into the right pedal. Awesome car. This is my 4th Audi. I highly recommend the Prestige package, it costs more but is in my opinion clearly worth it. Great car.

Unreal
By stock_genius

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I have the Prestige package, Innovation package with night vision and the 20" sport package. I cannot believe how much power this car has. I mean really, this car fly's. I was clocking 94 mph like it was nothing on the highway. Of course I did not do it for long, but I am convinced I could have had this car at 130 mph very quickly. Off the line it is very sharp and sends you back in the seat. If you have it in sport mode it can get real stupid. Of course I have already had the idiot kid next to me in a lowered Honda Prelude with his fat muffler trying to impress his girlfriend which only led to him looking stupid in my rear view mirror.

Very fast, looks classy and sporty at the same time. Exellent interior with black headliner. Night vision is really something and a nice addition. I also love the LED headlights and heads up display and easy to use MMI.

None, the four rings have BMW and Benz beat hands down.

far exceeds my expectations
By houston_driver

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I bought the prestige line 2012 as the '13s were coming into the showroom and got a great deal. This car exceeds my 2005 Acura RL in every way possible, although the costs on an inflation-adjusted basis were nearly identical. Most importantly: after 6000 miles, I do not have any rattles, squeaks or mechanical-electrical problems of any kind. Love this car!

My favorite feature is the control-power balance in this car: driving this car at over 100 mph feels comparable to driving it at 40 mph.

I notice that my left knee turns the lights from "auto" to "on" at times when I'm getting out of the car. That switch needs to be moved or changed in some way to avoid this.

German Gem with Head Turning Looks
By live2design

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I am very pleased with my decision on purchasing the Audi A6. It has great exterior design combined with great interior design and fit/finish. I love the many subtle design cues that I didn't notice when shopping around. I have enjoyed the Audi MMI and find it very easy to operate and get familiarized with; while it also appears to seamlessly pair and operate with my iPhone for telephony and audio uses. At night, the cabin is nicely lighted with the "cockpit" lights and nice (adjustable) ambient lighting which I didn't even know it had prior to purchasing. I feel Audi has a strong product portfolio for 2012 that has exceptional design, technology and value among its luxury

I ending up purchasing a black 2.0 Premium Plus with the 19" Sport Package and black interior, matte finish walnut trim and a black headliner. I do love the black headliner as it is a subtle addition that makes the interior feel more luxurious without really being noticed unless you point it out to others. Also, I get a lot of compliments on their new LED headlight redesign with a solid "light bar" replacing the "dotted" LED look on earlier Audi's they have come known for. The 19" sport wheels also get a lot of attention from onlookers as their matte silver finish looks great against the black and chrome exterior.

I had been contemplating between the 3.0 and 2.0, I was concerned that the 2.0 would feel underpowered. However, after purchasing the 2.0 and driving it for 6 months now it is definitely not an issue (especially when you drive in "sport" mode.) I have had others drive my car and comment on the power and responsiveness of the car. Now, I am not saying that this is "track ready" by any means, however it certainly has the ability to jettison you onto the freeway or bypassing the paparazzi.

Sleeper
By audilane

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

This car has been owned for 6000 miles now. It has all of the features one could ask for, including an incredible sound system Bose 14 speaker system. The prestige model adds the S line exterior and really sets the front end apart from the other models. Gas consumption is a combined 25mpg. It can go from a comfort cruiser to a rocket with a few button pushs and a flick of the wrist to shift into sport mode. What is so incredible about this car is it seems like it is two cars in one when you make the adjustments from comfort to sport. Interior is top notch and so far squeak and rattles are non existent. The normal suspesion is pretty stiff on its own (which I like). Good control!

MMI has all the features and is very usable. Previous audi controls were a bit complicated. This system is pretty straight forward and within a few days of messing around with settings in the driveway it was figured out. Juke box feature is nice plus you can connect an MP3 player or slide in saved musci via two SD card slots. Backup camara is very clear and offers some tools to help you park easily. The cars performance and interior styling surpasses most in its class. (I have compared it to the BMW 5 series first hand). BMW is nice but the audi interior is more stylish!

It has a supercharged V6 which is an absolute rocket in sport mode. Fuel consumption is substantly better than v8 counterparts, however nothing sounds better than a v8 in my opinion. The motor sound good but lacks the rumble of a v8. I gladly trade the mpgs for the sound and I hard see where you are losing any performance going to a this V6. (There might be a few V8 cars wondering how this small six cylinder just torched them off the line).