2012 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Unreal
By stock_genius on 06/19/13 20:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I have the Prestige package, Innovation package with night vision and the 20" sport package. I cannot believe how much power this car has. I mean really, this car fly's. I was clocking 94 mph like it was nothing on the highway. Of course I did not do it for long, but I am convinced I could have had this car at 130 mph very quickly. Off the line it is very sharp and sends you back in the seat. If you have it in sport mode it can get real stupid. Of course I have already had the idiot kid next to me in a lowered Honda Prelude with his fat muffler trying to impress his girlfriend which only led to him looking stupid in my rear view mirror.

far exceeds my expectations
By houston_driver on 03/23/13 06:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I bought the prestige line 2012 as the '13s were coming into the showroom and got a great deal. This car exceeds my 2005 Acura RL in every way possible, although the costs on an inflation-adjusted basis were nearly identical. Most importantly: after 6000 miles, I do not have any rattles, squeaks or mechanical-electrical problems of any kind. Love this car!

German Gem with Head Turning Looks
By live2design on 12/06/12 17:51 PM (PST)

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I am very pleased with my decision on purchasing the Audi A6. It has great exterior design combined with great interior design and fit/finish. I love the many subtle design cues that I didn't notice when shopping around. I have enjoyed the Audi MMI and find it very easy to operate and get familiarized with; while it also appears to seamlessly pair and operate with my iPhone for telephony and audio uses. At night, the cabin is nicely lighted with the "cockpit" lights and nice (adjustable) ambient lighting which I didn't even know it had prior to purchasing. I feel Audi has a strong product portfolio for 2012 that has exceptional design, technology and value among its luxury

Sleeper
By audilane on 10/18/12 04:12 AM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

This car has been owned for 6000 miles now. It has all of the features one could ask for, including an incredible sound system Bose 14 speaker system. The prestige model adds the S line exterior and really sets the front end apart from the other models. Gas consumption is a combined 25mpg. It can go from a comfort cruiser to a rocket with a few button pushs and a flick of the wrist to shift into sport mode. What is so incredible about this car is it seems like it is two cars in one when you make the adjustments from comfort to sport. Interior is top notch and so far squeak and rattles are non existent. The normal suspesion is pretty stiff on its own (which I like). Good control!

Beyond My Expectations
By mjplx2 on 07/30/12 13:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I've had my A6 Prestige 3.0 for about 3 months and clocked about 3,500 miles. This car is amazing. Well beyond my expectations. Exceptionally smooth and quiet ride. Effortless power. Quick and instant acceleration at any speed. The car feels solid and drives like it's on rails. The exterior design is sleek and powerful while still having a luxury image. The interior is equally as nice. Very comfortable seats. The wood grain inlays have a beautiful high-end look and feel. I love the lightning-like feel and acceleration from the supercharger. Cruising at 80 mph is effortless at a bit over 1800 rpms. All this with outstanding gas mileage. Two recent 400 mi trips averaged 34 mpg !

Loving my car, but...
By mrbtjohns on 07/24/12 04:18 AM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

WOW!!! That was my 1st impression of this car. The car looks nice on the outside and looks stunning on the inside. After testing driving the 2013 Cadillac XTS, I was real close to buying it but for some reason I kept looking at the 2012 A6 and I'm glad that I did. I'm coming out of a 2008 Infiniti M35 and driving the new A6 was night and day. The Audi has a great car on their hands. I'm loving it so far but the car is lacking some feature that my M35 had. You can not control the a/c by voice, no remote start, no remote power windows up or down option and to get a power steering wheel you have to get the prestige package. Tons of room in this car. Besides those minor things I LOVE THIS CAR.

Certainly different from prior A6's
By shanenolan2 on 07/04/12 15:34 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I have only had this car about a week and its my 3rd A6 with Premium plus package. I replaced an 06 with a 2012 . While this A6 is quite nice, it does lack the luxury feel that accompanied my last 2006 A6 with the same package. Sound proofing seems a little less and the road noise is certainly more noticeable. I had 18" tires on my last A6 and barely heard them. Now its an issue. Things like keyless entry which came with Premium plus editions has new limitations. Its really just key less start as you have to use the fob to unlock and lock the doors. This was not the case in the 2006 version. Its still early in ownership so maybe I will forget how great the other A6's were

WOW!!!
By greginnh on 06/30/12 10:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Having owned an '07, '09 and '11 A6s, I fugured that that couldn't be be much change for 2012. Was I ever wrong! This car blows away any of its competition. I purchased the Prestice with Driver Assist and Cold Weather Package. I did not think the other options were warranted. This car is like a smaller version of the A8. I love the new 2012!

Love the A6...
By edmundk3 on 06/09/12 20:24 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I just purchased my 2012 A6 Certified used. Drove all day from Southern California to Phoenix, AZ to get it. During the last 10 years I've gone through 7 different cars from BMW to Land Rover.... & by far this is the best car I've ever owned.... I traded my 2011 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI for the Audi. I drove the BMW 535 & Lexus... but when I drove the A6 I didn't want to drive anything else, it was almost like the car picked me.... I own a custom vehicle wrap shop & will be wrapping the A6 in a two tone matte black & matte dark grey. I had the headliner & pillars done in Black Suede...

Brilliant Car
By ani02 on 06/01/12 23:15 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Got the 3.0T prestige with Innovation, cold and 20 inch sport package and B&O sound This car is a beauty both to look and to drive. Test drove the Jaguar XF, BMW 535 xi The Jag drove well and looked great but it dint match the technology available in Audi the other draw back was lack of a 4 wheel drive...the Audi quattro is unreal it gives you that added reassurance of stability. The BMW 535xi just dint feel right to drive not like the old BMW , the AUdi just kills the BMW both in looks and drive quality. this is a fast car with great handling, build quality and technology and to top it good milage getting 27 on freeway and 18 in stop and go

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Audi A6 Sedan in VA is:

$140 per month*