Used 2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Unreal
By stock_genius

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I have the Prestige package, Innovation package with night vision and the 20" sport package. I cannot believe how much power this car has. I mean really, this car fly's. I was clocking 94 mph like it was nothing on the highway. Of course I did not do it for long, but I am convinced I could have had this car at 130 mph very quickly. Off the line it is very sharp and sends you back in the seat. If you have it in sport mode it can get real stupid. Of course I have already had the idiot kid next to me in a lowered Honda Prelude with his fat muffler trying to impress his girlfriend which only led to him looking stupid in my rear view mirror.

Favorite Features

Very fast, looks classy and sporty at the same time. Exellent interior with black headliner. Night vision is really something and a nice addition. I also love the LED headlights and heads up display and easy to use MMI.

Suggested Improvements

None, the four rings have BMW and Benz beat hands down.

far exceeds my expectations
By houston_driver

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I bought the prestige line 2012 as the '13s were coming into the showroom and got a great deal. This car exceeds my 2005 Acura RL in every way possible, although the costs on an inflation-adjusted basis were nearly identical. Most importantly: after 6000 miles, I do not have any rattles, squeaks or mechanical-electrical problems of any kind. Love this car!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the control-power balance in this car: driving this car at over 100 mph feels comparable to driving it at 40 mph.

Suggested Improvements

I notice that my left knee turns the lights from "auto" to "on" at times when I'm getting out of the car. That switch needs to be moved or changed in some way to avoid this.

Sleeper
By audilane

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

This car has been owned for 6000 miles now. It has all of the features one could ask for, including an incredible sound system Bose 14 speaker system. The prestige model adds the S line exterior and really sets the front end apart from the other models. Gas consumption is a combined 25mpg. It can go from a comfort cruiser to a rocket with a few button pushs and a flick of the wrist to shift into sport mode. What is so incredible about this car is it seems like it is two cars in one when you make the adjustments from comfort to sport. Interior is top notch and so far squeak and rattles are non existent. The normal suspesion is pretty stiff on its own (which I like). Good control!

Favorite Features

MMI has all the features and is very usable. Previous audi controls were a bit complicated. This system is pretty straight forward and within a few days of messing around with settings in the driveway it was figured out. Juke box feature is nice plus you can connect an MP3 player or slide in saved musci via two SD card slots. Backup camara is very clear and offers some tools to help you park easily. The cars performance and interior styling surpasses most in its class. (I have compared it to the BMW 5 series first hand). BMW is nice but the audi interior is more stylish!

Suggested Improvements

It has a supercharged V6 which is an absolute rocket in sport mode. Fuel consumption is substantly better than v8 counterparts, however nothing sounds better than a v8 in my opinion. The motor sound good but lacks the rumble of a v8. I gladly trade the mpgs for the sound and I hard see where you are losing any performance going to a this V6. (There might be a few V8 cars wondering how this small six cylinder just torched them off the line).

Beyond My Expectations
By mjplx2

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I've had my A6 Prestige 3.0 for about 3 months and clocked about 3,500 miles. This car is amazing. Well beyond my expectations. Exceptionally smooth and quiet ride. Effortless power. Quick and instant acceleration at any speed. The car feels solid and drives like it's on rails. The exterior design is sleek and powerful while still having a luxury image. The interior is equally as nice. Very comfortable seats. The wood grain inlays have a beautiful high-end look and feel. I love the lightning-like feel and acceleration from the supercharger. Cruising at 80 mph is effortless at a bit over 1800 rpms. All this with outstanding gas mileage. Two recent 400 mi trips averaged 34 mpg !

Favorite Features

Exterior design. Beauty and comfort of the interior. Solid, firmly planted driving feel while still providing a comfortable ride. Exceptionally smooth ride. Amazingly smooth. Effortless power and outstanding acceleration all with great gas mileage. Build quality is readily apparent throughout the car.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing of substance.

Loving my car, but...
By mrbtjohns

2012 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

WOW!!! That was my 1st impression of this car. The car looks nice on the outside and looks stunning on the inside. After testing driving the 2013 Cadillac XTS, I was real close to buying it but for some reason I kept looking at the 2012 A6 and I'm glad that I did. I'm coming out of a 2008 Infiniti M35 and driving the new A6 was night and day. The Audi has a great car on their hands. I'm loving it so far but the car is lacking some feature that my M35 had. You can not control the a/c by voice, no remote start, no remote power windows up or down option and to get a power steering wheel you have to get the prestige package. Tons of room in this car. Besides those minor things I LOVE THIS CAR.

Favorite Features

I love the MMI display, Google Maps, Audi side assist, gas MPG is great for this size car/engine. I love the interior and exterior styling of this car. Audi Connect. Huge trunk space (compared to my Infiniti M35 at least)

Suggested Improvements

Voice controlled A/C, Remote powered windows and sunroof, Remote start, Easy exit and entry seat for the driver (steering wheel moves up and the seat moves back for a easier exit and entry).The power steering wheel should be standard feature.