Used 2012 Audi A6 2.0T Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

German Gem with Head Turning Looks
By live2design

2012 Audi A6 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I am very pleased with my decision on purchasing the Audi A6. It has great exterior design combined with great interior design and fit/finish. I love the many subtle design cues that I didn't notice when shopping around. I have enjoyed the Audi MMI and find it very easy to operate and get familiarized with; while it also appears to seamlessly pair and operate with my iPhone for telephony and audio uses. At night, the cabin is nicely lighted with the "cockpit" lights and nice (adjustable) ambient lighting which I didn't even know it had prior to purchasing. I feel Audi has a strong product portfolio for 2012 that has exceptional design, technology and value among its luxury

I ending up purchasing a black 2.0 Premium Plus with the 19" Sport Package and black interior, matte finish walnut trim and a black headliner. I do love the black headliner as it is a subtle addition that makes the interior feel more luxurious without really being noticed unless you point it out to others. Also, I get a lot of compliments on their new LED headlight redesign with a solid "light bar" replacing the "dotted" LED look on earlier Audi's they have come known for. The 19" sport wheels also get a lot of attention from onlookers as their matte silver finish looks great against the black and chrome exterior.

I had been contemplating between the 3.0 and 2.0, I was concerned that the 2.0 would feel underpowered. However, after purchasing the 2.0 and driving it for 6 months now it is definitely not an issue (especially when you drive in "sport" mode.) I have had others drive my car and comment on the power and responsiveness of the car. Now, I am not saying that this is "track ready" by any means, however it certainly has the ability to jettison you onto the freeway or bypassing the paparazzi.

The Best car I ever drove
By audi13

2012 Audi A6 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I am a new Audi owner, I never thought this car would be so much fun to drive, it is light and fast, if you are wanting a fast car that is easy on the fuel, this car is the best one. My last trip was about 540 miles and I had another 125 miles left on the range using the same tank of gas, this car comes with a cvt that allows the car to drive in like a manual, automatic, or a CVT, if you want to drive easy it is so smooth on the highway, if you want a more power then shift it to dynamic mode and you will get to 120 miles/ hour in seconds. You will get a rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The interior is Awsome, This year Mercedes-Benz and BMW left are left the dust.

Interior, Lights,Power, Transmission

Way beyond my expectations
By audia620t

2012 Audi A6 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I thought the 5 series was a nice car, until I went to the Audi dealer. We found the Audi to be so much nicer than the BMW that there was no comparison. One drive in the A6 and I was sold. After the fact, I am continually more and more impressed with this car. I am very, very pleased.

This car gets fantastic gas mileage, 25 - 33 MPG. On a recent 200 mile trip, we averaged 35MPG. The amazing part is that this is not a civic. This is a beautiful, performance luxury sedan that does basically everything better than its competitors (except maybe go around a race track 2 seconds faster). To me, anyone can make a car go faster, but to deliver all of this and get the same gas mileage as a sub compact is very intelligent. BTW - if you want to go fast, turn the dial, use the paddles and it is plenty fast.

None so far.