V8 is the better choice
By Jim on
2011 Audi A6 4.2 Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)
I am the former owner of a 08 A6 with the 4.2 V8 engine. And I was looking to upgrade to a 2011 Audi A6. After reading Edmund’s review on how great the 3.0T engine was, I thought I could save $5K and buy the V6. I then went to my local dealership and test-drove the V6. And after the test-drive? Do not believe Edmunds, go try both and form your own opinion. In mine, no comparison with my 08 V8, not even close. The 0 to 60 thing, 5.8 sec. (for the V8) versus 5.9 (for the V6) are close, and are probably true (and no Edmunds, the V6 is not quicker than the V8, and did you really do your research, did you really test drive both models?). The 2011 A6 is an excellent vehicle.
Favorite Features
The Nav, the Bose speakers, and the ease of the MMI
Suggested Improvements
I would like to see an adaptive cruise control and the automatic braking system.
By ricks8
on 01/15/11 11:24 AM (PST)

I have a 2011 A6 but guess we have some differences of opinion... I thought the 3.0T was more than adequate (particularly in Sport Mode), after driving a V8 previously. I also think the Bose sound system is the worst thing about the car and am actually considering spending $2,000 to replace all the Bose speakers. However, we agree on the most important thing - the 2011 A6 is an excellent vehicle.