2011 Audi A6 Consumer Review: Best Car I've Had (Overall)

2011 Audi A6 - Consumer Review

3.0T Premium quattro Sedan (3.0L V6 Supercharger AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Best Car I've Had (Overall)
By obsequi on

2011 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

I have had cars that are more fun to drive (Honda S2000), larger sedans (Volvo S80), and even another Audi that I thought was my favorite car (A4 convertible), but none has been as completely the total package as this car. The A6, while a bit blah on the exterior, is nearly perfect from the inside. The cabin is roomy, the seats are comfortable, the electronics are helpful, and simple to use, and the fit and finish is fantastic. The supercharged 3.0 has excellent torque at all speeds, and when the supercharged adds its punch, you best be ready to roll, quickly. I nearly rear ended the car I intended to pass the first time I punched it. The engine and trans are so perfectly mated. Score!

My favorite features on this car are the very intelligent nav system, and the engine/transmission. Speed, agilility, and the ability to get me there without missing a beat. Add to that one of the most comfortable and quietest cabins in any car, and a lot of this car's features become favorites.

Storage space in the cabin is incredibly limited. The huge glove box is filled with electronics, which would have been much more smartly stored in the large trunk. Speaking of the trunk, a system (cargo net) for keeping items in the front of the trunk, so they don't roll forward and become hard to fetch from up against the back seat. Figuring out how to get two regular sized cup holders in a cabin of this size shouldn't baffle Audi engineers either. Would any of these stop me from getting this car again, in a heart beat? No! No! No! I've truly enjoyed driving this car overly the last six months.