2011 A6 QUATTRO 3.0T
By GUY on
2011 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)
For the most part car is awesome and fun to drive. Fuel economy is better than I thought at 27 ave, but I do mostly highway mileage MMI Interface is easy to use and understand. Much easier than the E350 and BMW 5 series I looked at. Only issues so far after 4k miles is Check engine light came on , but went out 3 days later after I refueled. Audi said it was either gas cap issue or low octane fuel. Also MMI rebooted once while driving but reset itself. Seems to function fine Blue tooth works great with IPhone4 although Audi advises not to use 4.0 updates Sound system is great but cannot directly record CDs to Hard drive. Need to copy to MPS files first, then copy.
Favorite Features
supercharged engine performance Interior build and quietness Large trunk Bluetooth interface Nav system that works very well, even when moving unlike the Lexus, etc
Suggested Improvements
Need cup holders in better locations CD and DVD player in glove box is dumb IPHONE Cable connect in glove box is cumbersome at best
By ricks8
on 01/15/11 11:30 AM (PST)

Thankfully, I haven't had those same issues with my 2011 3.0T. However, I suggest checking your gas mileage manually. I drive almost exclusively on the highway and consistently get closer to 23 mpg overall even though the trip computer says 26 mpg. The trip computer in my previous Lexus LS was also incorrect (I got an incredible 26 mpg with a V-8 vs. 28 mpg per the LS trip computer... too bad there was an engine recall and other quality issues with it). I don't think the difference amounts to a lot of money, but I don't give the A6 credit for good fuel economy, either. The 2012 should be better with a 7- or 8-speed transmission.