Used 2011 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Best Car I've Had (Overall)
By obsequi

2011 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

I have had cars that are more fun to drive (Honda S2000), larger sedans (Volvo S80), and even another Audi that I thought was my favorite car (A4 convertible), but none has been as completely the total package as this car. The A6, while a bit blah on the exterior, is nearly perfect from the inside. The cabin is roomy, the seats are comfortable, the electronics are helpful, and simple to use, and the fit and finish is fantastic. The supercharged 3.0 has excellent torque at all speeds, and when the supercharged adds its punch, you best be ready to roll, quickly. I nearly rear ended the car I intended to pass the first time I punched it. The engine and trans are so perfectly mated. Score!

My favorite features on this car are the very intelligent nav system, and the engine/transmission. Speed, agilility, and the ability to get me there without missing a beat. Add to that one of the most comfortable and quietest cabins in any car, and a lot of this car's features become favorites.

Storage space in the cabin is incredibly limited. The huge glove box is filled with electronics, which would have been much more smartly stored in the large trunk. Speaking of the trunk, a system (cargo net) for keeping items in the front of the trunk, so they don't roll forward and become hard to fetch from up against the back seat. Figuring out how to get two regular sized cup holders in a cabin of this size shouldn't baffle Audi engineers either. Would any of these stop me from getting this car again, in a heart beat? No! No! No! I've truly enjoyed driving this car overly the last six months.

Unreliable Driving Machine
By loyalcar

2011 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

I have owned 5 Audis over 15 years. This A6 will be the last one. In less than 7000 miles it has been in for repairs 6 times, including 3 times for check engine light, 1x for passenger air bag off, 1x for moldings falling off the back doors, etc. Dealer has been helpful and supportive, unlike Audi USA who I find to be inaccessible and uncooperative. When the car is not at the dealer being repaired it runs great as Audis do. Watch out though for low profile tires - a silly design feature that leads to frequent blowouts when you hit one of the many potholes we have in New England. Gas mileage of 21/30 is accurate. You might even do a little better.

Tight handling, quiet, excellent acceleration with turbo charged engine, logical dashboard once you are used to it.

Low profile tries are a silly design feature leading to blowouts. Over-engineered car requiring frequent maintenance. CD player has issues I never had on 4 previous Audis. HD radio works poorly on AM stations. Manual needs updating as some information (such as lane assist on/off switch) is not accurate. Radio station tuner is electronic - very cumbersome and distarcting. Should be dial.

2011 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige - A True Sports Sedan
By ricks8

2011 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

After driving Lexus since '94, I got rid of my '08 LS due to quality problems / high price. I ruled out the Lexus GS because I drove one for 10 years and don't like the new ones + Lexus quality issues. I also ruled out the MB E-class (don't like what they did with it, all the plastic in it or its price), BMW 535 (insane price) and the Hyundai Genesis (can't stand local dealers), narrowing things to Audi A6 and Infiniti M37. The A6 is a much better performance car that is more fun to drive with styling I prefer - article on Car and Driver comparing A6, M37 and 535 is on point, particularly high RPM for M37. I am very happy with the A6 even though M37 may be a better value to some.

* 3.0 Supercharged engine that performs (and sounds) closer to a V-8 than any other V-6 I have ever driven, particularly in Sport mode (great power at low RPM) - you won't confuse it with a V-8, but it is more than enough 99% of the time - big issue for me; * Quattro / handling - also the best handling car I ever had (true sports performance, not just an emblem) * Great styling with 19" sports package; * Fit and finish that seems second to none; * I actually prefer navigation and traffic with MMI instead of touchscreen like I had in last car; traffic reports, in particular are far superior to Lexus LS * Value compared to BMW and MB * Best dealer experience anywhere (Audi Coral Springs)

* Bose premium 5.1 stereo is subpar (B&O will resolve in 2012); * A little more room in seat - I'm 6' 4" / 240 and fit ok, but could use just a little more room (headroom fine); * Usable location for second cup holder (under arm rest for some crazy reason); * Better MPG (80% highway driving will get you 23 mpg overall, not the 25-26 the car says it does - 7 or 8 speed transmission would help (LS with V8 got 26 mpg vs. 28 it said); * Minor features I liked in LS: auto fold in mirrors, change cup (I just use that weird second cup holder); parking sensors in front and sides, not just rear; auto rear sun shade; * Better residual value - closer to Japanese deals; * More inventory for dealers

2011 A6 QUATTRO 3.0T
By GUY

2011 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

For the most part car is awesome and fun to drive. Fuel economy is better than I thought at 27 ave, but I do mostly highway mileage MMI Interface is easy to use and understand. Much easier than the E350 and BMW 5 series I looked at. Only issues so far after 4k miles is Check engine light came on , but went out 3 days later after I refueled. Audi said it was either gas cap issue or low octane fuel. Also MMI rebooted once while driving but reset itself. Seems to function fine Blue tooth works great with IPhone4 although Audi advises not to use 4.0 updates Sound system is great but cannot directly record CDs to Hard drive. Need to copy to MPS files first, then copy.

supercharged engine performance Interior build and quietness Large trunk Bluetooth interface Nav system that works very well, even when moving unlike the Lexus, etc

Need cup holders in better locations CD and DVD player in glove box is dumb IPHONE Cable connect in glove box is cumbersome at best