Wanted this car since 2005
By DaveB on
2010 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)
First saw the A6 years ago at an auto show, and I was blown away with the interior, but couldn't afford it. Now I can, and worth the wait! Solid, luxurious, fast, cool..lots of adjectives to use to describe it but really you just have to drive it. Drove a 2011 Infinit M37 sport and 2010 BMW 535i sport the same day. The Infiniti disappointed with the driving experience (too soft and slow power delivery), and BMW was way behind in the gadgets (though the handling and power were great). Audi had all the best features of the competitors and a good price. The Prestige package and 19in wheels really round out the car. I heavily researched this purchase, and am satisfied with the decision.
Favorite Features
MMI works well, especially the ipod interface, 10 gig jukebox and DVD player; classy interior fit and finish; cool mood lighting inside; power that is "right now", and "stick to the road" handling. I previously owned an M-spec BMW, and I think that the feel of this car is a bit softer but very close.
Suggested Improvements
ipod connection should be in the center console. Lots of room taken from glove box by the media players. You have to like "Bose sound" to enjoy the upgraded audio, as it lacks some low end punch, but well balanced sound overall. Fuel econ about 19 mpg mixed street/hwy, hoped for better.