2010 A6 3.0T Premimum Plus
By pashkus on
2010 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)
This is my 2nd A6, and 3rd Audi. Overall an excellent car. Shopped it against BMW 535xi, but found it to be more responsive, particularly at low speeds, and much more attractive (aesthetically), especially the interior. Audi did make the car more powerful with the new 3.0T engine, and managed to keep the price down, but it did fall short to some cost savings: The stereo is no longer a Bose unit, hidden cubbyholes under the front seats are gone, the side mirrors no longer fold automatically, and the standard tires are now 97H (even the Q7 gets 109H). The only reliability issue I experienced was a coolant leak due to a faulty water pump, which was replaced under a recall notice.
Favorite Features
The car is well finished and very comfortable. Acceleration is quite good (especially given its size, weight and AWD). Overall handling is also good, Audi AWD is second to none. Handling in the snow is excellent, even on stock tires. Fuel economy is 22 in the city 28 on the highway (reasonable use).
Suggested Improvements
I miss the automatically folding mirrors, especially when parking in the city or in tight spots. I wish Audi would stop cutting costs on little things. I don't mind if a $54k car costs $200 more 3 years down the road. Cheap plastic housing on the water pump which had to be replaced with metal one.