Used 2010 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Too many problems
By mprage

2010 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

I love driving this car but sadly have had too many problems. 1) had to replace 4 tires after hitting small potholes for flat/sidewall bubbles. Really detracts from driving enjoyment if constantly worrying about the tires. 2) total of 4 services for coolant pump, 3 engine related repairs - broken fan, loose lines, and rear view mirror falling off.

Interior, handling, power

Stronger tires Better build quality

don't drive if you spend winters driving to ski country
By claudioc

2010 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

Car has some great features but expect problems with front brake rotors. I was hoping Audi would correct brakes and after problems with my 2005 allroad I switched to a Mercedes 300 series. After 52,000 miles I traded in on original brakes. Now my A-6 2010 again has warped rotors after 17,800 miles. Pads only about 40% worn or less. This was same problem in allroad. It just cost me 600 dollars after 15% dealer discount - a true joke. I usually use engine during down hills and am carefull not to heat brakes. I think that it may be slush or cold rain that cold shocks the rotors. When audi covered these under warranty I did not mind, they stopped this in 2005 probably due to frequency - so $$$

good econony- acceleration - generally a great car except for brakes. Next time I will go back to a mercedes, BMW or Volvo for ski country - even my Checy Suburban went 70k miles on original brakes.

Beaf up rotors or bring back brake warranty 5/50K

2010 A6 3.0T Premimum Plus
By pashkus

2010 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

This is my 2nd A6, and 3rd Audi. Overall an excellent car. Shopped it against BMW 535xi, but found it to be more responsive, particularly at low speeds, and much more attractive (aesthetically), especially the interior. Audi did make the car more powerful with the new 3.0T engine, and managed to keep the price down, but it did fall short to some cost savings: The stereo is no longer a Bose unit, hidden cubbyholes under the front seats are gone, the side mirrors no longer fold automatically, and the standard tires are now 97H (even the Q7 gets 109H). The only reliability issue I experienced was a coolant leak due to a faulty water pump, which was replaced under a recall notice.

The car is well finished and very comfortable. Acceleration is quite good (especially given its size, weight and AWD). Overall handling is also good, Audi AWD is second to none. Handling in the snow is excellent, even on stock tires. Fuel economy is 22 in the city 28 on the highway (reasonable use).

I miss the automatically folding mirrors, especially when parking in the city or in tight spots. I wish Audi would stop cutting costs on little things. I don't mind if a $54k car costs $200 more 3 years down the road. Cheap plastic housing on the water pump which had to be replaced with metal one.

First Year w/ Audi A6
By T F Kelley

2010 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

1st move away from Honda/Acura product in 25 years. Very impressed with performance, handling and styling of the A6 (supercharged). Only 2 complaints: very average gas mileage even when not driving hard, in the 18- 20 mpg range. Have had to visit dealer 5 times for service in 1st year, 1 sch maint, 2 running light burnouts, 1 water pump seal, 1 display malfunction. Seems like a lot of down time for a new vehicle in this price range.

Styling, comfort, performance & handling; fastest 0-60 car I've owned. Interior tech features excellent, not overdone, superb audio.

Quality control kinks need to be worked out with this new model. If dealer is accurate that only two fact recalls have hit my car early, won't be anymore, then I'm happy.

Pure Engineering
By Dennis Schirmer

2010 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

My New Audi A6 quattro is the best car I have ever driven bar none! The power of this car thrills me. The Tiptronic transmission is so smooth you can barely feel the shift. It accelerates like a motorcycle. Drive mode and Sport mote are the same. The interior is huge! I am 6'2" and I can completely stretch my legs all the way out. I can pull the seat forward to allow back seat passengers and I am still driving comfortably. The Premium Plus and all weather package came with this car. It has the full MMI which has a 10 Gig hard drive for uploading media. the navigation is a little cumbersome at first, but if you use it enough you begin to see just how intuitive it is. I love this car!

Don't have one! The Car itself is all I can say here.

Always fuel economy. I can only image this car as a hybrid!