2009 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Car Pit
By cldunn on 10/18/13 13:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Whatever you do, do not buy an Audi or have your car serviced at this dealership. We own and Audi A-6 Turbo 2009. It is in the shop more than not. The Ft. Collins dealership where we bought the car did not stand by a tire warranty and we had to contact Audi North America. We wound up buying 4 tires out of pocket because one went bad and they did nothing!. Further there was a $1500 part that came out of nowhere they claimed needed to be replaced. Audi split the difference with us. Out of loyalty we went back to Ft. Collins for a normal 80K service, over an hour drive. On the way home the radio stopped working.

Coolant pump failure
By jp on 08/17/10 12:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

I have the car for 1 year now, it has been in the shop for repairs 3 times. The first problem was with the coolant pump, the second problem with the LED headlights and the third problem with the coolant pump. The front bumper had to be removed to replace the headlights and the dealer put the first scratch on the car during the process. the first coolant pump issue happened on the parkway and the car had to be towed, the second time I drove it a few miles after the warning light came on. There is a persistent rattle in the dashboard. It's a nice car with a bad reliability rating, I was used to the Mercedes Benz e350 which never gave me a problem. That will be my next car at lease end.

Really want to love this car but
By J-Houston on 05/13/10 19:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

I have had the car for a little over a year and it has been at the dealership for repair 12 times. They have replaced both headlights, re-installed the MMi software twice, replaced the phone module, searched for the source of a strong coolant smell after the car sat for a week and spent days attempting to eliminate a persistent rattle in the dash. There is still a rattle in the back seat, but I think I will just live with it. The car has run fine and is fun to drive and nice to look at, but I shutter to think what will break next.

Great Looking but Unreliable
By Deb on 01/08/10 20:30 PM (PST)

2009 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

Have my 2009 A6 for less than a year and it has been in for a service call at least 5 times up to date. Headlights, engine problems with only 6500 miles. What a shame! Great looking automobile that is extremely unreliable.

Wow, very impressed
By El Bucko on 11/08/09 12:32 PM (PST)

2009 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

I was not ready for a new vehicle, however given the fact that my 2004 Jaguar XJ8 with low mileage had slowly become the money pit, I decided to check out an Audi while my Jag was being serviced. WOW is really the only word to describe the vehicle. From an aesthetics point of view, the interior is amazing. My car has black / amaretto interior, everyone loves it. The MMI is easy enough to learn but I am still working on it. Performance is amazing. Really have to watch the speeds on the highway. Handling feels like the A6 is riding rails. Huge trunk with fold down seats is a plus.

Great Choice
By NewAudiFan on 08/27/09 22:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

After years of rotten service from Mercedes, I switched to Audi and I am thrilled. Superior quality, supercharged engine that really takes off and the large sedan handles like small sports car. I have owned 2 Mercedes, a Porsche and a Lexus and this is the best by far. I'm looking forward to Seattle's rain and snow!

Drive it!
By David on 05/06/09 10:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

The new Audi A6 quattro with 3.0L supercharged engine must be driven to be fully appreciated. The speed and agility of this car are outstanding, with 0-60 in 5.9 seconds it compares directly with the 4.2L engine at $5,000 less. Unless you need greater torque for towing there is no need for the bigger and less fuel efficient engine. After owning Mercedes and Porsches for more than 25 years, the build quality and perfection of this Audi is outstanding. We have the Prestige package which includes Bluetooth phone, ipod dock and rear view camera. The interior is beautiful and comfortable with all the creature comforts imaginable. The MMI system and voice command is easy and intuitive to use.

Superbowl commercial got me
By go badgers on 02/09/09 20:42 PM (PST)

2009 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

Yes Jason Statham made a sale. Black/black premium plus. This car rides significantly better than the 2008 A6. The dealer had a new 2008 for 10k less. I felt it bucked back and forth over "normal" Wisconsin winter roads. I couldn't have driven one. The 2009 handled the same roads much better. I'm only a few hundred miles in so far but it's clear this is an amazing vehicle. Never harsh over potholes and has higher lateral limits than I'm willing to test so far. The supercharged v6 feels strong but I'm still in the break-in period. Love the mmi integration with my iPhone. All of my music and Bluetooth built in. Quattro AWD is impressive.

Audi misleads on A-6
By Wayne Capinegro on 02/09/09 17:58 PM (PST)

2009 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I ordered a 2009 A-6, 4.2, Garnet Red, and according to the Audi website the car was to have the S-Line interior. When the car came it had the plain interior without the more comfortable sport seats. I was then told after the fact that the S-Line was no longer available. Obviously the website was misleading. I have owned 2002, 2006, and 2008 A-6's. I will never buy another Audi because of this deception.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Audi A6 Sedan in VA is:

$119 per month*