Used 2009 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Car Pit
By cldunn

2009 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Whatever you do, do not buy an Audi or have your car serviced at this dealership. We own and Audi A-6 Turbo 2009. It is in the shop more than not. The Ft. Collins dealership where we bought the car did not stand by a tire warranty and we had to contact Audi North America. We wound up buying 4 tires out of pocket because one went bad and they did nothing!. Further there was a $1500 part that came out of nowhere they claimed needed to be replaced. Audi split the difference with us. Out of loyalty we went back to Ft. Collins for a normal 80K service, over an hour drive. On the way home the radio stopped working.

Then the radio came back on. We parked the car at the airport while on a trip and when we returned the battery was dead. We took the car to McDonald as it is near where we work. They first said we needed a $400 battery. We did not dispute. Then they called back said they did not know why the radio did not work. They gave us a loner, had to contact Germany and then called us back to tell us all the modules were dead and the car needed $4400 worth of repairs. Note this car is not 4 years old! We contacted executive level at Audi North America and they did nothing. Unfortunately we cannot recommend the Audi product, the Audi dealerships in and around Denver or Audi North America.

A company who cares about keeping long term customers. We have traded off our car and bought a Toyota. Life is just too short and we work too hard for our money..

Coolant pump failure
By jp

2009 Audi A6 3.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

I have the car for 1 year now, it has been in the shop for repairs 3 times. The first problem was with the coolant pump, the second problem with the LED headlights and the third problem with the coolant pump. The front bumper had to be removed to replace the headlights and the dealer put the first scratch on the car during the process. the first coolant pump issue happened on the parkway and the car had to be towed, the second time I drove it a few miles after the warning light came on. There is a persistent rattle in the dashboard. It's a nice car with a bad reliability rating, I was used to the Mercedes Benz e350 which never gave me a problem. That will be my next car at lease end.

Great in deep snow

Fix the coolant pump problem.

Really want to love this car but
By J-Houston

2009 Audi A6 3.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

I have had the car for a little over a year and it has been at the dealership for repair 12 times. They have replaced both headlights, re-installed the MMi software twice, replaced the phone module, searched for the source of a strong coolant smell after the car sat for a week and spent days attempting to eliminate a persistent rattle in the dash. There is still a rattle in the back seat, but I think I will just live with it. The car has run fine and is fun to drive and nice to look at, but I shutter to think what will break next.

The MMI is great and the car is beautiful.

Audi needs to improve the build quality. This car is too expensive to suffer the failures and noises that I have endured.

Great Looking but Unreliable
By Deb

2009 Audi A6 3.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

Have my 2009 A6 for less than a year and it has been in for a service call at least 5 times up to date. Headlights, engine problems with only 6500 miles. What a shame! Great looking automobile that is extremely unreliable.

Appearance, bluetooth convenience, turning radius, fun to drive

New headlights need to replaced too often, engine malfunction in the first 6k miles

Wow, very impressed
By El Bucko

2009 Audi A6 3.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 6A)

I was not ready for a new vehicle, however given the fact that my 2004 Jaguar XJ8 with low mileage had slowly become the money pit, I decided to check out an Audi while my Jag was being serviced. WOW is really the only word to describe the vehicle. From an aesthetics point of view, the interior is amazing. My car has black / amaretto interior, everyone loves it. The MMI is easy enough to learn but I am still working on it. Performance is amazing. Really have to watch the speeds on the highway. Handling feels like the A6 is riding rails. Huge trunk with fold down seats is a plus.

Performance, ride, quality (so far). Huge trunk. The fact that you don't see too many Audi's in my area. BMW and MB are abundant, but Audi keeps its uniqueness.

My only complaint would be the accelerator. For some reason Audi has it calibrated for economy so the "resistance" point is a little annoying. However, just drive in sport mode and issue is gone.