Frustrating
By johnc8551 on
2008 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)
This is my first experience wiuth Audi after owning Volvos, SAABs, and BMWs. I bought the car this past summer with 32K miles on the Audi CPO program. The brakes are touchy/grabby, but I've learned that's a common trait with the A6, and I've learned to live with it and adjust. At 36K miles, the engine quit in traffic, and I had to have it towed to the dealer for repair. It turned out to be a faulty low fuel pressure sensor, and this was repaired under warranty. The following week, a simple daylight running light bulb went out, and this an only be repaired at the dealer!
Favorite Features
MMI, not a Mercedes or BMW, heated seats, Nav system. Very roomy and comfortable interior. Wood trim and interior accent lighting.
Suggested Improvements
Make simple things like changing a common light bulb so it can be done by the owner OR extend the warranty on bulbs to 5 years/50K miles. Paying an hour or more labor to change a light bulb is expensive and should not be necessary. Move the MMI controls more into the driver's vision.
By johnc8551
on 04/27/11 10:38 AM (PDT)

Update: The latch hinge on the center console cover broke a few nights ago. Took the car to the dealer, and I was told that "interior trim items" are only warranted for 12months/12000 miles and I would have to buy a new console cover for $130.00 plus labor. I still enjoy driving this car, but it's nickle - dime stuff like this which makes me recommend NOT buying a used Audi - CPO or not. Virtually anything that breaks is going to costs a bunch to fix, and things do break. I've had this car in the shop four times in the 8 mo0nths I've had it for unschedules repairs.