2008 Audi A6 3.1L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Bought New - My 3rd

2008 Audi A6 - Consumer Review

Bought New - My 3rd and best A-6
By Douglas on

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Audi A-6 (had a 2000 and 2004 A-6 turbo 2.7 models). I thoroughly enjoy the car. It is by far the best vehicle I've owned. Drove it down to Virginia and back two weeks ago moving with traffic at 75+ and averaged 28 mpg on the highway. It accelerates nicely in Sport mode, has lots of room. The only real annoying problem I had occurred at 46,000 miles - the starter relay switch went - the car just wouldn't start one rainy evening. I had to have the car towed, however Audi gave me a loaner, paid for the tow and repaired it quickly. It has more interior room than the Mercedes E and BMW 5 series. I highly recommend this car.

Favorite Features

The Iphone integrated blue tooth navigation and I-Pod system works very nicely. Lots of leg room front and back. Great overall performance with 4 wheel 'Quatro' drive - great on the snow, water and gravel surfaces. I like the summer sunscreens package and key less entry.

Suggested Improvements

The turning radius at 39 is too big for comfortable maneuverability in tight spaces - decrease it to 36'. Adaptive Cruise control and lane change warning systems would be great along with a Remote Starter. Add the A-8 seat massager and air cooled seats and you will need nothing more.