2008 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Best Car I've ever owned!
By Justin on 06/15/08 10:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

Amazing vehicle. Smooth ride, plenty of power. Great easy to use features on the interior. Fantastic!

Better than you expect.
By Enthused on 05/30/08 09:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

The 2008 A6 replaced my 2001 A6. While the 2001 A6 was a solid car, Audi has upped their game significantly with the 2008. The build quality is outstanding - equal or better than my wife's MB E320. The interior is beautiful, a great blend of class and high tech. The car is very fun to drive, tight in turns, plenty of pep for a V6 and the MPG is far better than the the gov't ratings - 26/27mpg in mixed driving, 30+mpg on the road. The MMI system with the Bose/Sirius is easy to use, and the high tech display is excellent. The cabin is very quiet, so you can really enjoy the great sound system - great improvement from the Audi Symphony system in my 2001 A6. Overall, this is a terrific car.

Perfect Car
By Black Audi on 05/11/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

We have had the car for about 6 months and it is a perfect family wagon. It has plenty of room for a family of four and a dog. It gets about 25 mpg in mixed driving and 29 on a recent highway trip. I have been a Japanese car fan for the last 10 years after several BMWs left me wanting something with less maint. down time. I saw that the Audi reliability ratings were getting to a point that I felt comfortable giving an Audi a try. It's only been 6 months, but so far not one problem. We also live in New England and wanted all wheel drive, but we didn't want a truck. It was great in the snow and handles like a sports car on the dry pavement.

A Fine German Piece of Engineering
By Tom M on 05/05/08 17:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I was in the market for an all-wheel drive german executive car, so my choices were the MB E350 4Matic, BMW 535xi, or the Audi A6 3.2, and I went with the Audi. And I really think I made the right choice. I don't like the idea that underneath it's a Passat, but the interior styling is unmatched and look nothing alike. The Quattro system works beautifully in all conditions. I'm getting about 31MPG average, which is great for this sized car. I'm just slightly disapointed with the acceleration. When merging on a highway(especially in NJ!), it's somewhat lazy and throttle response isn't as immediate as I hoped for. Like all Audi.s, the ride is firm, so beware of long trips.

Close to a 10
By Steve on 04/15/08 19:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

My third A6 offers loads of improvements over its earlier siblings. Ride is significantly more solid. Handling is so precise it's like a vacuum sucking the backtop. Engine performance is powerful and at least 10% more economical than the 3.0 in my previous 2003 A6. Views are stimulating from approaching the vehicle to behind the wheel. Several minor cost cutting steps should be noted: more narrow seats and thinner cushions than the previous models, door pockets are "cheaper," manual fuel filler door replaces and automatic release, head restrants no- longer swivel. I also miss oil temp. and volt gauges.

Amazing Vehicle
By Awesome! on 04/01/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Audi A6 and this is an entirely new vehicle that was redesigned from the bottom up. On a 350 mile trip at avg speed of 75mph I got 30 MPG! Quiet cabin, great ergonomics,and the NAV is the best I have ever seen. The sound system is fantastic. Headlights are improved. I did find the sunroof to be a little small but it is not as important compared to all the positives.

2008 Audi A6
By Gary on 01/12/08 18:27 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Driving dynamics are brilliant. The car rides like a train on the rails. There is no slipping nor sliding. Quattro system makes sure of that. Every mechanical component works in total harmony with each other. The interior appointments must be an envy of every other automaker. From the incredible ergonomics to the impeccable attention to the slightest details, this car clearly is a winner.

Top Notch Performance - All Year Round!
By MMMPower!!! on 10/30/07 10:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned Lexus, BMW, Volvo, Jaguar, Acura and this is my second Audi. Living in Canada with the relatively harsh winters and hot/humid summers I have found that the Quattro system in the Audi is by far the best I have ever driven for all year driving. Interior fit and finish and the intuitive design/layout make it something that I haven't had to this extent in any of the previously owned or tested cars. Each time my lease is up I go out and test each of the previously mentioned manufacturers, plus Infiniti, and go through all the pros and cons, including cost, performance, all year maintenance, and passion for the car. Service has been top notch! Great car all around.

The Beast
By Marcus on 09/12/07 08:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

With this car I am fully in control and it grabs the ground like an ice pick to ice, the growl of the engine just makes you wanna go faster and faster, this car is by far better than any BMW out there, with its AWD platform you can make curves like they were straight lines.

The Manufacturer to Follow!
By Little League Umpire on 08/26/07 08:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We researched, watched and waited for just the right sedan to come to market. I compared features, performance, comfort and reliability for all sedans in the A6 category and there is no other car that would rank higher than 8.5 now or in the next years model. The steering capability with the S-Line sports suspension is what makes driving this car so much fun yet comfortable. I love the unique color (Daytona Grey) in a time when almost everything on the road is the same. The ability to power hard into your corners smoothly will never make you feel like you purchased something second rate. The MMI is fabulous and intuitive. My wife went from the A4 to this and just loves it immensely.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.