Used 2008 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

1st Audi A6 review
By rnayar

2008 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

Beautifully designed inside and out. Great drive. BOSE sound system is incredible. My A6 performed flawlessly the 1st year but then problems started. At 9k miles the # 5 cylinder coil had to be completely replaced. At 10k miles, carbon buildup caused the check engine light to come on again. The on-board computer had to be reprogrammed. In addition to all this, Audi's consume oil like no other car I've ever owned. I literally have to drive around with a quart of oil in my trunk because it needs to be constantly topped up. 5 times this year alone. Finally, the front suspension is starting to creak on rough roads and it's getting progressively louder. Disappointing for a car this new.

Favorite Features

Bose sound system, MMI interface and IPOD connectivity.

Suggested Improvements

Overall engine reliability and perhaps an attempt to design an engine that consumes less synthetic oil.

She's beautiful
By Wes

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I'll agree with the editor's reviews that the low-end torque is an issue. She's just a bit slow off the starting line, but she shines once she's on the road. There's plenty of pedal when you need it, and I think she runs the best slightly above the recommended speed limit. I've owned Toyota's, BMW's and of course American cars. The Audi is my favorite to date. You won't be sorry, if you go this direction. I'm always getting compliments on this car, yet you don't feel too "cocky" driving it.

Favorite Features

The MMI is awesome. Passing power on the highway is terrific. Highway mileage has been much better than expected. I had a 6 hour drive recently and was getting 31 MPG!!

Suggested Improvements

Low-end torque. Ipod interface would be terrific as a standard option, if not the interface at least an aux jack!

Disappointed
By P. Shafer

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

We've been a Volvo family for over 15 years and decided to "step up" to an Audi after thorough research and test drives. The car is beautify, spacious, and has more gadgets than we need but the kids love it. The ride is spectacular. However, in just 14 months we have had to take the car back 5 times for check engine light. One of the Cylinders (#5) they tell us is bad. The car has stalled on my wife stranding her and my daughter at the side of the road. We are delighted with their road-side assistance and loaner program but frankly miffed that we've had to use it about every other month. At this time we are not happy with our decision. I also see others have had the same issue.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, solid feel, front appearance is great.

Suggested Improvements

Engine reliability, rear view is plain.

3 Audi's in 2 months...This is the best!
By K.Anderson

2008 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have a fully loaded Q7 and love it for its size and looks. But my husband has wanted another Audi so we went out and got a fully loaded A6. Could not be happier with it. After being pleased with Audi we went out and got another one a R8 for the power. But out of all of the cars we like the A6 the best for its looks and power and all the stuff you can get on it. Such as Keyless go (we payed extra to get that installed) Navigation, backup camera, and sensors, the blinds in the back, wood steering wheel.

Favorite Features

Keyless go, blinds in the back, wood steering wheel, navigation, backup camera and sensors, heated seats, and electronic trunk closer.

Suggested Improvements

More Cup Holders

First Audi
By J. Cone

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Previously had a BMW 5 and loved it. No problems. Decided to try the A6 and am very pleased. Performance is more than I expected and the quality of the car's interior is impressive. The car is very quite and seems well built. Handling is great as is the fuel mileage.

Favorite Features

Bose sound system

Suggested Improvements

Improved tire pressure monitoring system