2008 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Sensational Looks
By Christina on 02/15/09 17:40 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

Love the exterior classy lines, interior is beautiful. The Bose sound system and iPod integration is fantastic. However the jury is still out on the handling. The car seem to have a lot of play in the steering and very poor weight distribution, also I find the car to have poor visibility. The Navigation System and Blue Tooth leaves a lot to be desired. (German car engineers should take note of Japanese technology). The S line looks great with its wider tires, but has very stiff seats. All in all the car feels very solid, and luxurious.

Best value and styling in its class
By Rob G on 02/01/09 14:24 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I spent over a month researching and test driving midsize luxury cars and when it was all done, the Audi A6 was the clear winner. About 6 weeks later we have no regrets. It's styling and build easily surpass its competitors. The MMI is not that difficult to learn. My wife, no techie, but has mastered it and is now a big fan of the system. It just takes a little patience to learn a new way of doing things. iPod interface is excellent and the NAV system is very well implemented. Lane assist is a great safety feature and works well. I much prefer the Audi to BMW, MB or Lexus. For us, the runner up was the Infinity M35.

Amazing Vehicle, some bothersome issues
By Slojotaa on 01/01/09 07:12 AM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

3rd Audi, and extremely happy with how the deign has matured. Smooth cornering, pick up, quiet cabin, butter start up process, intuitive controls.

This car is awful. Bad is too mild
By Gene on 12/14/08 13:31 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Reading good reviews by the editor as well as some owners, my daughter decided to give it a try...I wish she did not. The car has 10,500 miles on it. It is 1.5 years old. She came here to Milwaukee for a funeral. On the way from Chicago the yellow light came on. As soon as she got out of the highway the car stalled. She called the road assistance as well as the leasing company and they told her to try starting it. The car started. They told her that since this is just the yellow light drive it and bring it in when you are back. On the way to the funeral the car stalled again 3 times! She had to borrow mine, left the car parked on the street. This is the Audi/German luxury

Very Satisfied!
By sisanto on 11/10/08 20:19 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Audi A6 and the 2008 sure does beat out my old '00 A6. Everything is much improved. I avg. 31 MPG on the highway and 18 in the city. The only thing I truely miss is the ol' twin turbo. It would have been nice to have it again. This is a very solid care. Great stereo. By far the best cruise control I have ever seen. The NAV is a must, extremely accurate and again one of the best I've seen. Handling is tight as you dive into turns. I've had many 4 wheel drive trucks and cars and I can assure you this car with stock tires never fails me while traveling through the Pocono Mtns in PA. The brakes are undescribable. The car stops on a dime. Excellent car!

Great car, highly recommend
By Ted on 11/02/08 15:34 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Couldn't be happier with the car. Considered the normal peers (E350 4matic, 530x, Acura RL, M35x, etc). Drove them all but felt that the A6 was the best overall package - drive, interior and exterior styling, options/ capabilities, etc) - and importantly at the most attractive price. Have owned BWM (330ci), Audi (A4), Acura (Legend) and spent a lot of time in MB (E) and Lexus (GS). Like my A6 better than any of them.

Nice!
By A6 3.2 QUATTRO on 10/25/08 16:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the A6 is an excellent car. I have had it for a week and I'm in love everything about the car. The only thing I don't really like is the cupholders, not very conviniently located but no biggie. It doesn't have many places to put stuff though, glove compartment is rather small and center arm rest is small also. Other than that the car is awesome. Would have liked a wooden steering wheel standard for such a high price car.

I love this car
By scooter on 10/21/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Past vehicles include Lexus, BMW, Porsche and this one ranks right up there with the. Got rid of BMW 330CI convertible and SUV for one year round vehicle and this is the perfect fit. Was concerned about lack of power, but dropping it down into sport mode completely changes the character of this car. ( the "S" under the "d" in the tranny is not 2nd it is sport mode). Handling is fantastic and a blast to drive on curvy, winding roads. Not sure what a prior post was talking about, however, I have v6 not the v8. This 4 door sedan is as fun to drive as my BMW convt. Smooth,comfortable, stable, classy, elegant, sporty, roomy and AWD for these WI winters. Average 29mpg on a 250 mile trip. Not much to complain about, I like this car more than I imagined I would. Thought I was sacrificing sport/fun for year round comfort. I did not.

My New Audi A6
By Leif Vasstrom on 09/29/08 00:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I have had MBs 280, 380, 560, 430, 600 BMWs 740 (2), Porsche Carrera 4, Maserati and others, oh and of course an Audi S4 - and I think I have finally grown up, at least it feels like it. This is a car that feels any bit as nice, maybe better, as my 2002 MB 430S, both ergonomically, aestetically and has more gadgets than I need, but I use them all, bluetooth, i-pod, Nav system (far out) and has a great ride. Ok, so the 6 Cyl. may not be a V8, but it is plenty peppy and I am happy.

Dissapointment
By riberg27 on 09/08/08 11:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I looked at all cars that could possibly fit my criteria. I wanted top performance in a 4 wheel drive car. I finally settled on the A6. Although this car is fantastic in so many ways,the lack of road feel and poor wieght distribution is very unsettling. I can't understand why they would build a great car, but which lacks basic handling characteristics. My daughter's '06 Accord has much better road feel and handling characteristics than this car. I would even go so far as to say this car is quite dangerous if you try to drive it on a curvy road at high speed. The V8 is too much power for the poor handling. I am very dissapointed I wish I would have gone with the BMW

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.