Used 2008 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

58k miles and still GREAT
By docwoods

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is an update to an earlier review.
I now have 58k miles in this car and it is still one of the best cars that I have owned.
To date I have had minor failures (tail light, head light) but nothing worse!
I still get about 27-28 mpg highway at 75 cruise.
It is quiet, solid as a bank vault and drives like new.
This car is not about cutting edge performance and handling.
It is about quality of construction and easy highway driving.

I still look forward to driving it each time.
I would highly recommend this car to anyone.

Smooth V8, nice seats, great sound system, quiet interior and large trunk.

Frustrating
By johnc8551

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first experience wiuth Audi after owning Volvos, SAABs, and BMWs. I bought the car this past summer with 32K miles on the Audi CPO program. The brakes are touchy/grabby, but I've learned that's a common trait with the A6, and I've learned to live with it and adjust. At 36K miles, the engine quit in traffic, and I had to have it towed to the dealer for repair. It turned out to be a faulty low fuel pressure sensor, and this was repaired under warranty. The following week, a simple daylight running light bulb went out, and this an only be repaired at the dealer!

MMI, not a Mercedes or BMW, heated seats, Nav system. Very roomy and comfortable interior. Wood trim and interior accent lighting.

Make simple things like changing a common light bulb so it can be done by the owner OR extend the warranty on bulbs to 5 years/50K miles. Paying an hour or more labor to change a light bulb is expensive and should not be necessary. Move the MMI controls more into the driver's vision.

Bought New - My 3rd and best A-6
By Douglas

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Audi A-6 (had a 2000 and 2004 A-6 turbo 2.7 models). I thoroughly enjoy the car. It is by far the best vehicle I've owned. Drove it down to Virginia and back two weeks ago moving with traffic at 75+ and averaged 28 mpg on the highway. It accelerates nicely in Sport mode, has lots of room. The only real annoying problem I had occurred at 46,000 miles - the starter relay switch went - the car just wouldn't start one rainy evening. I had to have the car towed, however Audi gave me a loaner, paid for the tow and repaired it quickly. It has more interior room than the Mercedes E and BMW 5 series. I highly recommend this car.

The Iphone integrated blue tooth navigation and I-Pod system works very nicely. Lots of leg room front and back. Great overall performance with 4 wheel 'Quatro' drive - great on the snow, water and gravel surfaces. I like the summer sunscreens package and key less entry.

The turning radius at 39 is too big for comfortable maneuverability in tight spaces - decrease it to 36'. Adaptive Cruise control and lane change warning systems would be great along with a Remote Starter. Add the A-8 seat massager and air cooled seats and you will need nothing more.

Bought used
By Lane O.

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Bought from Schaumburg Audi with 75k. Dealer and their service area have been awesome. Haven't seen service levels like theirs in any commercial area for a long, long time. LOVE the style of the '08 and '09 A6s. Preferred the turbo engine in the '09, but I was too cheap. Lots of things in this car make it great fun to drive.

-Power. -The Look. -Gadgets. -Stereo. -Fit & finish. -Gas mileage (given the hp). -USB-stored music support (!!) -Excellent comfort for tall driver (I'm 6'5". With the seat all the way back, I cannot touch the firewall when stretching out my toes as far as they go!) -Great color.

-Cup holder placement (one is under console!). -Tire noise (when they're replaced, I'll buy quieter ones). -Suspension (very tight, I feel too much of the road). -Ability to add additional console stuff (does any vehicle support this?!) -Driver accessible storage. -Larger side mirrors.

Not sure if it's worth it
By audiowner

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Amazing car to drive in the winter. The car looks great and is subtle but still turns heads. Great sound system and love the rear heated seats. But, the reliability on this car is horrible. I've never been to a dealership this many times. The check engine light has come on today for the 7th time in the last two years. I don't care what the excuse is, a new 50k car should not have these kind of problems this early on with this few miles. I'm getting annoyed with this car, despite it's capabilities during the winter. I wish Honda could just buy out their quattro awd system. It'd be the perfect marriage.

Great AWD system, comfortable interior and great styling.

Engine reliability. It's pathetic how many times this car has had to be in the shop.