2008 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Annoying quirks
By chicagotiger on 03/29/10 18:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Our Audi for the most part has been fabulous. However in the 2 years we've owned the car, we've only put 7,500 on it and our check engine light has come on 3 times. Perhaps its dishonest gas pumps, but we always use the premium gas. Its very annoying to have to take it in for service, get no real details, a couple of dings on the car and not even a car wash at our local dealership. Even though its been a nice ride for the most part, I'd like to get rid of it before something major blows.

Not happy!
By Robert on 03/11/10 17:58 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Well have had my a6 for just 2 yrs now and 40,000 miles and the problems just keep on coming. First was the seat controls separating from the seat at 17,000 and not covered under warranty charged $40 to tighten bolt. Next was the xenon headlight going on and off, dealer said it was what they do when they are about to go bad $350. Then car started to run rough and engine light on told computer issue but that did not fix it. Then back to shop to find out it was carbon build up. Major engine work, fixed under warranty this time otherwise over $1,000 to fix. Dealer said that its because the gas today is not high enough octane to work with audis new engine design. Whats next? My last Audi.

Plagued with problems
By RNayar on 01/25/10 22:03 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

My A6 continues to be plagued with problems. Spent 10 days in the shop over thanksgiving. Oil seals on all 6 cylinders had to be replaced. A major job on a car with only 12k miles. The carbon buildup issue which was initially attributed to a computer reprogram turned out to be failing seals. I also mentioned a rattle/squeak from the front left suspension; dealer greased the suspension per Audi directives but to no avail. Car was in the shop for 1 week. Now it turns out that it may be a bushing problem (a known issue amongst Audis) and I am being asked to take the car back again. BTW - JDPower only gives the A6 a 6 rating which is on the cusp of below average.

Better than Expected
By Corey on 01/12/10 02:33 AM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

For a large car, the A6 handles very well. I come from a smaller sports car so driving the A6 took some getting used to. The steering is soft, but responsive. Starts are slow, but once she's up to speed, the power is awesome! Passing slower vehicles is not a problem. The interior is plush and comfortable and there's nothing better when driving at night with all the lights on. Having the controls on the console was awkward at first since it is difficult to change settings while driving. I don't suggest it! However, once set up, voice activation is the key to easy and safe operation. Although difficult to comprehend at first, once learned, the MMI and navigation system is a cinch to use.

Best Audi Yet
By DocWoods on 12/09/09 15:09 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my fourth Audi, second A6. Best of them all! The power is great, smooth ride, unbeatable interior quality/design. I know that there are cars that are quicker, better handling, flashier, more powerful, etc, but no other car, taken as a package, does it all better than this A6. Can't beat quattro in the snow and rain. After 17K miles: NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, just changing the oil every 5K (not the factory recommended 10K).

1st Audi A6 review
By rnayar on 10/26/09 00:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

Beautifully designed inside and out. Great drive. BOSE sound system is incredible. My A6 performed flawlessly the 1st year but then problems started. At 9k miles the # 5 cylinder coil had to be completely replaced. At 10k miles, carbon buildup caused the check engine light to come on again. The on-board computer had to be reprogrammed. In addition to all this, Audi's consume oil like no other car I've ever owned. I literally have to drive around with a quart of oil in my trunk because it needs to be constantly topped up. 5 times this year alone. Finally, the front suspension is starting to creak on rough roads and it's getting progressively louder. Disappointing for a car this new.

She's beautiful
By Wes on 09/22/09 13:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I'll agree with the editor's reviews that the low-end torque is an issue. She's just a bit slow off the starting line, but she shines once she's on the road. There's plenty of pedal when you need it, and I think she runs the best slightly above the recommended speed limit. I've owned Toyota's, BMW's and of course American cars. The Audi is my favorite to date. You won't be sorry, if you go this direction. I'm always getting compliments on this car, yet you don't feel too "cocky" driving it.

Disappointed
By P. Shafer on 04/18/09 17:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

We've been a Volvo family for over 15 years and decided to "step up" to an Audi after thorough research and test drives. The car is beautify, spacious, and has more gadgets than we need but the kids love it. The ride is spectacular. However, in just 14 months we have had to take the car back 5 times for check engine light. One of the Cylinders (#5) they tell us is bad. The car has stalled on my wife stranding her and my daughter at the side of the road. We are delighted with their road-side assistance and loaner program but frankly miffed that we've had to use it about every other month. At this time we are not happy with our decision. I also see others have had the same issue.

3 Audi's in 2 months...This is the best!
By K.Anderson on 03/18/09 07:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have a fully loaded Q7 and love it for its size and looks. But my husband has wanted another Audi so we went out and got a fully loaded A6. Could not be happier with it. After being pleased with Audi we went out and got another one a R8 for the power. But out of all of the cars we like the A6 the best for its looks and power and all the stuff you can get on it. Such as Keyless go (we payed extra to get that installed) Navigation, backup camera, and sensors, the blinds in the back, wood steering wheel.

First Audi
By J. Cone on 03/06/09 08:28 AM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Previously had a BMW 5 and loved it. No problems. Decided to try the A6 and am very pleased. Performance is more than I expected and the quality of the car's interior is impressive. The car is very quite and seems well built. Handling is great as is the fuel mileage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.