2008 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Amazing Vehicle, some bothersome issues
By Slojotaa on 01/01/09 07:12 AM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

3rd Audi, and extremely happy with how the deign has matured. Smooth cornering, pick up, quiet cabin, butter start up process, intuitive controls.

This car is awful. Bad is too mild
By Gene on 12/14/08 13:31 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Reading good reviews by the editor as well as some owners, my daughter decided to give it a try...I wish she did not. The car has 10,500 miles on it. It is 1.5 years old. She came here to Milwaukee for a funeral. On the way from Chicago the yellow light came on. As soon as she got out of the highway the car stalled. She called the road assistance as well as the leasing company and they told her to try starting it. The car started. They told her that since this is just the yellow light drive it and bring it in when you are back. On the way to the funeral the car stalled again 3 times! She had to borrow mine, left the car parked on the street. This is the Audi/German luxury

Very Satisfied!
By sisanto on 11/10/08 20:19 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Audi A6 and the 2008 sure does beat out my old '00 A6. Everything is much improved. I avg. 31 MPG on the highway and 18 in the city. The only thing I truely miss is the ol' twin turbo. It would have been nice to have it again. This is a very solid care. Great stereo. By far the best cruise control I have ever seen. The NAV is a must, extremely accurate and again one of the best I've seen. Handling is tight as you dive into turns. I've had many 4 wheel drive trucks and cars and I can assure you this car with stock tires never fails me while traveling through the Pocono Mtns in PA. The brakes are undescribable. The car stops on a dime. Excellent car!

Great car, highly recommend
By Ted on 11/02/08 15:34 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Couldn't be happier with the car. Considered the normal peers (E350 4matic, 530x, Acura RL, M35x, etc). Drove them all but felt that the A6 was the best overall package - drive, interior and exterior styling, options/ capabilities, etc) - and importantly at the most attractive price. Have owned BWM (330ci), Audi (A4), Acura (Legend) and spent a lot of time in MB (E) and Lexus (GS). Like my A6 better than any of them.

Nice!
By A6 3.2 QUATTRO on 10/25/08 16:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the A6 is an excellent car. I have had it for a week and I'm in love everything about the car. The only thing I don't really like is the cupholders, not very conviniently located but no biggie. It doesn't have many places to put stuff though, glove compartment is rather small and center arm rest is small also. Other than that the car is awesome. Would have liked a wooden steering wheel standard for such a high price car.

I love this car
By scooter on 10/21/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Past vehicles include Lexus, BMW, Porsche and this one ranks right up there with the. Got rid of BMW 330CI convertible and SUV for one year round vehicle and this is the perfect fit. Was concerned about lack of power, but dropping it down into sport mode completely changes the character of this car. ( the "S" under the "d" in the tranny is not 2nd it is sport mode). Handling is fantastic and a blast to drive on curvy, winding roads. Not sure what a prior post was talking about, however, I have v6 not the v8. This 4 door sedan is as fun to drive as my BMW convt. Smooth,comfortable, stable, classy, elegant, sporty, roomy and AWD for these WI winters. Average 29mpg on a 250 mile trip. Not much to complain about, I like this car more than I imagined I would. Thought I was sacrificing sport/fun for year round comfort. I did not.

My New Audi A6
By Leif Vasstrom on 09/29/08 00:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I have had MBs 280, 380, 560, 430, 600 BMWs 740 (2), Porsche Carrera 4, Maserati and others, oh and of course an Audi S4 - and I think I have finally grown up, at least it feels like it. This is a car that feels any bit as nice, maybe better, as my 2002 MB 430S, both ergonomically, aestetically and has more gadgets than I need, but I use them all, bluetooth, i-pod, Nav system (far out) and has a great ride. Ok, so the 6 Cyl. may not be a V8, but it is plenty peppy and I am happy.

Better than you expect.
By Enthused on 05/30/08 09:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

The 2008 A6 replaced my 2001 A6. While the 2001 A6 was a solid car, Audi has upped their game significantly with the 2008. The build quality is outstanding - equal or better than my wife's MB E320. The interior is beautiful, a great blend of class and high tech. The car is very fun to drive, tight in turns, plenty of pep for a V6 and the MPG is far better than the the gov't ratings - 26/27mpg in mixed driving, 30+mpg on the road. The MMI system with the Bose/Sirius is easy to use, and the high tech display is excellent. The cabin is very quiet, so you can really enjoy the great sound system - great improvement from the Audi Symphony system in my 2001 A6. Overall, this is a terrific car.

A Fine German Piece of Engineering
By Tom M on 05/05/08 17:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I was in the market for an all-wheel drive german executive car, so my choices were the MB E350 4Matic, BMW 535xi, or the Audi A6 3.2, and I went with the Audi. And I really think I made the right choice. I don't like the idea that underneath it's a Passat, but the interior styling is unmatched and look nothing alike. The Quattro system works beautifully in all conditions. I'm getting about 31MPG average, which is great for this sized car. I'm just slightly disapointed with the acceleration. When merging on a highway(especially in NJ!), it's somewhat lazy and throttle response isn't as immediate as I hoped for. Like all Audi.s, the ride is firm, so beware of long trips.

Close to a 10
By Steve on 04/15/08 19:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

My third A6 offers loads of improvements over its earlier siblings. Ride is significantly more solid. Handling is so precise it's like a vacuum sucking the backtop. Engine performance is powerful and at least 10% more economical than the 3.0 in my previous 2003 A6. Views are stimulating from approaching the vehicle to behind the wheel. Several minor cost cutting steps should be noted: more narrow seats and thinner cushions than the previous models, door pockets are "cheaper," manual fuel filler door replaces and automatic release, head restrants no- longer swivel. I also miss oil temp. and volt gauges.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.