Used 2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Not happy!
By Robert

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Well have had my a6 for just 2 yrs now and 40,000 miles and the problems just keep on coming. First was the seat controls separating from the seat at 17,000 and not covered under warranty charged $40 to tighten bolt. Next was the xenon headlight going on and off, dealer said it was what they do when they are about to go bad $350. Then car started to run rough and engine light on told computer issue but that did not fix it. Then back to shop to find out it was carbon build up. Major engine work, fixed under warranty this time otherwise over $1,000 to fix. Dealer said that its because the gas today is not high enough octane to work with audis new engine design. Whats next? My last Audi.

comfort of the ride and looks

Audi needs to work on the quality issues and stop blaming their problems on low octane gas for their new poor engine design

She's beautiful
By Wes

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I'll agree with the editor's reviews that the low-end torque is an issue. She's just a bit slow off the starting line, but she shines once she's on the road. There's plenty of pedal when you need it, and I think she runs the best slightly above the recommended speed limit. I've owned Toyota's, BMW's and of course American cars. The Audi is my favorite to date. You won't be sorry, if you go this direction. I'm always getting compliments on this car, yet you don't feel too "cocky" driving it.

The MMI is awesome. Passing power on the highway is terrific. Highway mileage has been much better than expected. I had a 6 hour drive recently and was getting 31 MPG!!

Low-end torque. Ipod interface would be terrific as a standard option, if not the interface at least an aux jack!

Disappointed
By P. Shafer

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

We've been a Volvo family for over 15 years and decided to "step up" to an Audi after thorough research and test drives. The car is beautify, spacious, and has more gadgets than we need but the kids love it. The ride is spectacular. However, in just 14 months we have had to take the car back 5 times for check engine light. One of the Cylinders (#5) they tell us is bad. The car has stalled on my wife stranding her and my daughter at the side of the road. We are delighted with their road-side assistance and loaner program but frankly miffed that we've had to use it about every other month. At this time we are not happy with our decision. I also see others have had the same issue.

Smooth ride, solid feel, front appearance is great.

Engine reliability, rear view is plain.

First Audi
By J. Cone

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Previously had a BMW 5 and loved it. No problems. Decided to try the A6 and am very pleased. Performance is more than I expected and the quality of the car's interior is impressive. The car is very quite and seems well built. Handling is great as is the fuel mileage.

Bose sound system

Improved tire pressure monitoring system

Best value and styling in its class
By Rob G

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I spent over a month researching and test driving midsize luxury cars and when it was all done, the Audi A6 was the clear winner. About 6 weeks later we have no regrets. It's styling and build easily surpass its competitors. The MMI is not that difficult to learn. My wife, no techie, but has mastered it and is now a big fan of the system. It just takes a little patience to learn a new way of doing things. iPod interface is excellent and the NAV system is very well implemented. Lane assist is a great safety feature and works well. I much prefer the Audi to BMW, MB or Lexus. For us, the runner up was the Infinity M35.

Quattro, MMI, great iPod interface, 2 screen NAV system, exterior and especially interior styling and finish, really quiet and smooth on highway, MPG is excellent with V6, lane assist, keyless entry, rearview camera and sensors, great trunk. lighting accents in cabin at night

Front distance sensors should be added, automatic steering wheel should retract both up and in on exiting car (not just up). Would prefer cruise control stalk on right side of steering column (like in Lexus/Toyota cars) -- it's too close to turn signal in Audi.