2008 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
58k miles and still GREAT
By docwoods on 04/27/12 14:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is an update to an earlier review. I now have 58k miles in this car and it is still one of the best cars that I have owned. To date I have had minor failures (tail light, head light) but nothing worse! I still get about 27-28 mpg highway at 75 cruise. It is quiet, solid as a bank vault and drives like new. This car is not about cutting edge performance and handling. It is about quality of construction and easy highway driving. I still look forward to driving it each time. I would highly recommend this car to anyone.

Not what I was expecting
By goodmaj on 04/09/10 20:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I sold my M3 because my kids were getting too big for the back seat and my wife couldn't drive a stick. I owned a 2004 Allroad at one point and loved it so I thought it'd be cool to come back to Audi. Well, now it's three weeks later and I just sold it for a BMW 535. The seats, while nice, offer very little support when going through hard turns. The headroom is terrible - I'm 6' 3" and my hair brushed the headliner every time. The car is very smooth - almost too smooth. I felt like I was driving a luxury yacht. Performance of the V8 is pretty good and with good mileage. If you like to float in luxury, this is your car, but if you're looking for a little better driving experience, pass.

Best Audi Yet
By DocWoods on 12/09/09 15:09 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my fourth Audi, second A6. Best of them all! The power is great, smooth ride, unbeatable interior quality/design. I know that there are cars that are quicker, better handling, flashier, more powerful, etc, but no other car, taken as a package, does it all better than this A6. Can't beat quattro in the snow and rain. After 17K miles: NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, just changing the oil every 5K (not the factory recommended 10K).

3 Audi's in 2 months...This is the best!
By K.Anderson on 03/18/09 07:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have a fully loaded Q7 and love it for its size and looks. But my husband has wanted another Audi so we went out and got a fully loaded A6. Could not be happier with it. After being pleased with Audi we went out and got another one a R8 for the power. But out of all of the cars we like the A6 the best for its looks and power and all the stuff you can get on it. Such as Keyless go (we payed extra to get that installed) Navigation, backup camera, and sensors, the blinds in the back, wood steering wheel.

Dissapointment
By riberg27 on 09/08/08 11:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I looked at all cars that could possibly fit my criteria. I wanted top performance in a 4 wheel drive car. I finally settled on the A6. Although this car is fantastic in so many ways,the lack of road feel and poor wieght distribution is very unsettling. I can't understand why they would build a great car, but which lacks basic handling characteristics. My daughter's '06 Accord has much better road feel and handling characteristics than this car. I would even go so far as to say this car is quite dangerous if you try to drive it on a curvy road at high speed. The V8 is too much power for the poor handling. I am very dissapointed I wish I would have gone with the BMW

Top Notch Performance - All Year Round!
By MMMPower!!! on 10/30/07 10:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned Lexus, BMW, Volvo, Jaguar, Acura and this is my second Audi. Living in Canada with the relatively harsh winters and hot/humid summers I have found that the Quattro system in the Audi is by far the best I have ever driven for all year driving. Interior fit and finish and the intuitive design/layout make it something that I haven't had to this extent in any of the previously owned or tested cars. Each time my lease is up I go out and test each of the previously mentioned manufacturers, plus Infiniti, and go through all the pros and cons, including cost, performance, all year maintenance, and passion for the car. Service has been top notch! Great car all around.

The Manufacturer to Follow!
By Little League Umpire on 08/26/07 08:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We researched, watched and waited for just the right sedan to come to market. I compared features, performance, comfort and reliability for all sedans in the A6 category and there is no other car that would rank higher than 8.5 now or in the next years model. The steering capability with the S-Line sports suspension is what makes driving this car so much fun yet comfortable. I love the unique color (Daytona Grey) in a time when almost everything on the road is the same. The ability to power hard into your corners smoothly will never make you feel like you purchased something second rate. The MMI is fabulous and intuitive. My wife went from the A4 to this and just loves it immensely.

2008 Audi A6 4.2 - The Perfect Car
By bofam on 08/05/07 20:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My previous car was a Porsche Cayenne S, a 350 hp nimble beast of an SUV. It was a blast to drive. I thought I would never find a replacement. The Porsche is a distant memory now that I am driving the Audi A6 4.2. It is nice to be driving a sedan instead of an SUV. The ride is super smooth, quiet and with 350 hp this car can really take off. Audi has done a fantastic job with the fit and finish as well as integrating state of the art technology without overloading the instrument bay. The outside of the car is elegant and tasteful. The 2008 A6 4.2 comes standard with the S-Line font grille and bumpers which add a nice flare to the body.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.