2008 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Strong and very Reliable car
By papo1975 on 12/05/14 14:11 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

Second A6, got it CPO with 35k back in jan/2011 , now 105k with no mayor repairs. I do regular oil change(Castrol synthetic) and all recommended maintenance..For my brakes ,fluids, filters and battery only use OEM parts Only repairs I came across are light bulb change and throttle body clean up . Yes repairs and maintenance can be expensive but it is a $50'000.00 car with a great look and performance. My cost to own very low until now ,and planning to keep it for years to come.

Almost in love....
By dwmmlm on 06/06/12 17:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

The car is a beautiful style and handsome even 4 years after its birth. Interior is top notch and I even prefer it to the 2012 loaner A6 I am driving this week. Fuel economy is outstanding and the car just glides at 90mph. However, the CVT transmission is quirky and I would opt for the Quattro next time around. Car is sluggish off the mark and much of that is around the CVT. I had it in twice this year for rough idle and jerky driving when cold. Also, Audi refuses to update their software in a timely manner for the Media Center and is behind the curve of technology despite what the commercials tell you. Remote doesn't roll down windows and no streaming music from your phone to Bluetooth.

58k miles and still GREAT
By docwoods on 04/27/12 14:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is an update to an earlier review. I now have 58k miles in this car and it is still one of the best cars that I have owned. To date I have had minor failures (tail light, head light) but nothing worse! I still get about 27-28 mpg highway at 75 cruise. It is quiet, solid as a bank vault and drives like new. This car is not about cutting edge performance and handling. It is about quality of construction and easy highway driving. I still look forward to driving it each time. I would highly recommend this car to anyone.

Frustrating
By johnc8551 on 01/14/11 07:41 AM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first experience wiuth Audi after owning Volvos, SAABs, and BMWs. I bought the car this past summer with 32K miles on the Audi CPO program. The brakes are touchy/grabby, but I've learned that's a common trait with the A6, and I've learned to live with it and adjust. At 36K miles, the engine quit in traffic, and I had to have it towed to the dealer for repair. It turned out to be a faulty low fuel pressure sensor, and this was repaired under warranty. The following week, a simple daylight running light bulb went out, and this an only be repaired at the dealer!

Bought New - My 3rd and best A-6
By Douglas on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Audi A-6 (had a 2000 and 2004 A-6 turbo 2.7 models). I thoroughly enjoy the car. It is by far the best vehicle I've owned. Drove it down to Virginia and back two weeks ago moving with traffic at 75+ and averaged 28 mpg on the highway. It accelerates nicely in Sport mode, has lots of room. The only real annoying problem I had occurred at 46,000 miles - the starter relay switch went - the car just wouldn't start one rainy evening. I had to have the car towed, however Audi gave me a loaner, paid for the tow and repaired it quickly. It has more interior room than the Mercedes E and BMW 5 series. I highly recommend this car.

Bought used
By Lane O. on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Bought from Schaumburg Audi with 75k. Dealer and their service area have been awesome. Haven't seen service levels like theirs in any commercial area for a long, long time. LOVE the style of the '08 and '09 A6s. Preferred the turbo engine in the '09, but I was too cheap. Lots of things in this car make it great fun to drive.

Not sure if it's worth it
By audiowner on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Amazing car to drive in the winter. The car looks great and is subtle but still turns heads. Great sound system and love the rear heated seats. But, the reliability on this car is horrible. I've never been to a dealership this many times. The check engine light has come on today for the 7th time in the last two years. I don't care what the excuse is, a new 50k car should not have these kind of problems this early on with this few miles. I'm getting annoyed with this car, despite it's capabilities during the winter. I wish Honda could just buy out their quattro awd system. It'd be the perfect marriage.

Poor Audi Quality
By JWW on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I am not impressed with Audi build quality or reliability. In the first month of ownership, I had to have the dealer replace a howling power steering pump. The car has a sunroof water leak that the dealer can't fix. The floor gets wet in a hard rain storm. Otherwise, performance and handling are quite good as are the electronics on the car.

So far, so good
By Mark on 05/26/10 15:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

First luxury car I have owned and very pleased after two years; lots of bells and whistles, even on the standard model (only option was i-pod interface). Build quality excellent - solid as a bank vault. Only complaints are touchy brakes, accelerator lag, and annoying buzzes and rattles that I mostly fixed by stuffing cracks with felt. Great gas mileage 22-37 mpg.

Not what I was expecting
By goodmaj on 04/09/10 20:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I sold my M3 because my kids were getting too big for the back seat and my wife couldn't drive a stick. I owned a 2004 Allroad at one point and loved it so I thought it'd be cool to come back to Audi. Well, now it's three weeks later and I just sold it for a BMW 535. The seats, while nice, offer very little support when going through hard turns. The headroom is terrible - I'm 6' 3" and my hair brushed the headliner every time. The car is very smooth - almost too smooth. I felt like I was driving a luxury yacht. Performance of the V8 is pretty good and with good mileage. If you like to float in luxury, this is your car, but if you're looking for a little better driving experience, pass.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.