2008 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Bought New - My 3rd and best A-6
By Douglas on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Audi A-6 (had a 2000 and 2004 A-6 turbo 2.7 models). I thoroughly enjoy the car. It is by far the best vehicle I've owned. Drove it down to Virginia and back two weeks ago moving with traffic at 75+ and averaged 28 mpg on the highway. It accelerates nicely in Sport mode, has lots of room. The only real annoying problem I had occurred at 46,000 miles - the starter relay switch went - the car just wouldn't start one rainy evening. I had to have the car towed, however Audi gave me a loaner, paid for the tow and repaired it quickly. It has more interior room than the Mercedes E and BMW 5 series. I highly recommend this car.

Bought used
By Lane O. on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Bought from Schaumburg Audi with 75k. Dealer and their service area have been awesome. Haven't seen service levels like theirs in any commercial area for a long, long time. LOVE the style of the '08 and '09 A6s. Preferred the turbo engine in the '09, but I was too cheap. Lots of things in this car make it great fun to drive.

Not sure if it's worth it
By audiowner on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Amazing car to drive in the winter. The car looks great and is subtle but still turns heads. Great sound system and love the rear heated seats. But, the reliability on this car is horrible. I've never been to a dealership this many times. The check engine light has come on today for the 7th time in the last two years. I don't care what the excuse is, a new 50k car should not have these kind of problems this early on with this few miles. I'm getting annoyed with this car, despite it's capabilities during the winter. I wish Honda could just buy out their quattro awd system. It'd be the perfect marriage.

Poor Audi Quality
By JWW on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I am not impressed with Audi build quality or reliability. In the first month of ownership, I had to have the dealer replace a howling power steering pump. The car has a sunroof water leak that the dealer can't fix. The floor gets wet in a hard rain storm. Otherwise, performance and handling are quite good as are the electronics on the car.

Annoying quirks
By chicagotiger on 03/29/10 18:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Our Audi for the most part has been fabulous. However in the 2 years we've owned the car, we've only put 7,500 on it and our check engine light has come on 3 times. Perhaps its dishonest gas pumps, but we always use the premium gas. Its very annoying to have to take it in for service, get no real details, a couple of dings on the car and not even a car wash at our local dealership. Even though its been a nice ride for the most part, I'd like to get rid of it before something major blows.

Not happy!
By Robert on 03/11/10 17:58 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Well have had my a6 for just 2 yrs now and 40,000 miles and the problems just keep on coming. First was the seat controls separating from the seat at 17,000 and not covered under warranty charged $40 to tighten bolt. Next was the xenon headlight going on and off, dealer said it was what they do when they are about to go bad $350. Then car started to run rough and engine light on told computer issue but that did not fix it. Then back to shop to find out it was carbon build up. Major engine work, fixed under warranty this time otherwise over $1,000 to fix. Dealer said that its because the gas today is not high enough octane to work with audis new engine design. Whats next? My last Audi.

She's beautiful
By Wes on 09/22/09 13:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I'll agree with the editor's reviews that the low-end torque is an issue. She's just a bit slow off the starting line, but she shines once she's on the road. There's plenty of pedal when you need it, and I think she runs the best slightly above the recommended speed limit. I've owned Toyota's, BMW's and of course American cars. The Audi is my favorite to date. You won't be sorry, if you go this direction. I'm always getting compliments on this car, yet you don't feel too "cocky" driving it.

Disappointed
By P. Shafer on 04/18/09 17:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

We've been a Volvo family for over 15 years and decided to "step up" to an Audi after thorough research and test drives. The car is beautify, spacious, and has more gadgets than we need but the kids love it. The ride is spectacular. However, in just 14 months we have had to take the car back 5 times for check engine light. One of the Cylinders (#5) they tell us is bad. The car has stalled on my wife stranding her and my daughter at the side of the road. We are delighted with their road-side assistance and loaner program but frankly miffed that we've had to use it about every other month. At this time we are not happy with our decision. I also see others have had the same issue.

First Audi
By J. Cone on 03/06/09 08:28 AM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Previously had a BMW 5 and loved it. No problems. Decided to try the A6 and am very pleased. Performance is more than I expected and the quality of the car's interior is impressive. The car is very quite and seems well built. Handling is great as is the fuel mileage.

Best value and styling in its class
By Rob G on 02/01/09 14:24 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I spent over a month researching and test driving midsize luxury cars and when it was all done, the Audi A6 was the clear winner. About 6 weeks later we have no regrets. It's styling and build easily surpass its competitors. The MMI is not that difficult to learn. My wife, no techie, but has mastered it and is now a big fan of the system. It just takes a little patience to learn a new way of doing things. iPod interface is excellent and the NAV system is very well implemented. Lane assist is a great safety feature and works well. I much prefer the Audi to BMW, MB or Lexus. For us, the runner up was the Infinity M35.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.