Used 2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Bought New - My 3rd and best A-6
By Douglas

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Audi A-6 (had a 2000 and 2004 A-6 turbo 2.7 models). I thoroughly enjoy the car. It is by far the best vehicle I've owned. Drove it down to Virginia and back two weeks ago moving with traffic at 75+ and averaged 28 mpg on the highway. It accelerates nicely in Sport mode, has lots of room. The only real annoying problem I had occurred at 46,000 miles - the starter relay switch went - the car just wouldn't start one rainy evening. I had to have the car towed, however Audi gave me a loaner, paid for the tow and repaired it quickly. It has more interior room than the Mercedes E and BMW 5 series. I highly recommend this car.

The Iphone integrated blue tooth navigation and I-Pod system works very nicely. Lots of leg room front and back. Great overall performance with 4 wheel 'Quatro' drive - great on the snow, water and gravel surfaces. I like the summer sunscreens package and key less entry.

The turning radius at 39 is too big for comfortable maneuverability in tight spaces - decrease it to 36'. Adaptive Cruise control and lane change warning systems would be great along with a Remote Starter. Add the A-8 seat massager and air cooled seats and you will need nothing more.

Bought used
By Lane O.

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Bought from Schaumburg Audi with 75k. Dealer and their service area have been awesome. Haven't seen service levels like theirs in any commercial area for a long, long time. LOVE the style of the '08 and '09 A6s. Preferred the turbo engine in the '09, but I was too cheap. Lots of things in this car make it great fun to drive.

-Power. -The Look. -Gadgets. -Stereo. -Fit & finish. -Gas mileage (given the hp). -USB-stored music support (!!) -Excellent comfort for tall driver (I'm 6'5". With the seat all the way back, I cannot touch the firewall when stretching out my toes as far as they go!) -Great color.

-Cup holder placement (one is under console!). -Tire noise (when they're replaced, I'll buy quieter ones). -Suspension (very tight, I feel too much of the road). -Ability to add additional console stuff (does any vehicle support this?!) -Driver accessible storage. -Larger side mirrors.

Not sure if it's worth it
By audiowner

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Amazing car to drive in the winter. The car looks great and is subtle but still turns heads. Great sound system and love the rear heated seats. But, the reliability on this car is horrible. I've never been to a dealership this many times. The check engine light has come on today for the 7th time in the last two years. I don't care what the excuse is, a new 50k car should not have these kind of problems this early on with this few miles. I'm getting annoyed with this car, despite it's capabilities during the winter. I wish Honda could just buy out their quattro awd system. It'd be the perfect marriage.

Great AWD system, comfortable interior and great styling.

Engine reliability. It's pathetic how many times this car has had to be in the shop.

Poor Audi Quality
By JWW

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I am not impressed with Audi build quality or reliability. In the first month of ownership, I had to have the dealer replace a howling power steering pump. The car has a sunroof water leak that the dealer can't fix. The floor gets wet in a hard rain storm. Otherwise, performance and handling are quite good as are the electronics on the car.

Vehicle dynamics(steering and handling are excellent. I like the electronics integration of the navigation, voice command and overall information display. The interior is very high quality.

Improve the build quality. Everything I feared about buying a German car is coming true. Having had numerous Lexus and Infiniti, I will go Japanese again on my next car. Lexus dealer experience is far superior to Audi.

Annoying quirks
By chicagotiger

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Our Audi for the most part has been fabulous. However in the 2 years we've owned the car, we've only put 7,500 on it and our check engine light has come on 3 times. Perhaps its dishonest gas pumps, but we always use the premium gas. Its very annoying to have to take it in for service, get no real details, a couple of dings on the car and not even a car wash at our local dealership. Even though its been a nice ride for the most part, I'd like to get rid of it before something major blows.