2007 Audi A6 Consumer Review: Nice!

2007 Audi A6 - Consumer Review

3.2 quattro Sedan (3.1L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

By sagarian9 on

2007 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2007 A4 for a 2007 certified A6 (needed extra room in the back seat). Very happy with the purchase. I do miss the "nimbleness" of the A4, but the A6 added a few extras that I didn't have before. There's enough room in the back for a baby seat - behind both driver and passenger and the trunk is enormous! Plenty of power when needed - just watch the fuel gauge. Driving conservatively around town, I get in the low 20's. On the highway - averaging around 70 - I get close to 30 mpg. Pretty good for a big heavy car. Plus, it can run well on regular - unlike the 2.0T A4. Although I do alternate with a tank full of Shell Premium V-Power just to keep the injectors clean.

I love the trip computer and the air-conditioned/heated rear seating area. Huge trunk.

Simplify the MMI system. It's overkill. 6 settings for the heated seats? Ridiculous. How about a rocker switch with Off, Low, and High? Move the CD changer OUT of the glove compartment. Let us change disks on the road and get more stuff in the glove compartment. How about doing something about the coated aluminum strips on the outside of the car that go cloudy milky with no way to restore it?