Used 2007 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Audi A6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

A6 4.2 - A Blast to Drive!
By TC

2007 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've driven Acuras for 15 years (Vigor, TL) and loved them. My new 2007 A6 4.2 is my first German car, and I love it. I wanted a 4WD vehicle with large engine and room to fit my bike. I started looking at the BMW X5, Acura RL and MDX, and the Lexus RX. I liked the X5 a lot, but really preferred a sedan. When I discovered the A6 had 350 hp, beautiful interior, and an enormous trunk, I was in. My test drive sealed the deal. I've had the car for 6 weeks and 1,400 mi, and am loving every minute. It's fun to drive with tons of power and lots of class. I'm sure I'll feel some pain in the wallet for service, but Audi's service contract eases that a bit. A big thumbs-up for Audi!

Favorite Features

Excellent driver ergonomics. Fine exterior styling. Solid feel. Huge trunk with fold-down rear seats. Power to spare.

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel radio nav requires too many clicks. Down-shifts sometimes a bit rough.

A Must Drive
By longdriver

2007 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent design inside and out (understated class). At home at the market or country club. Fit and finish is incredible. The 18" wheels look the best and are surprisingly smooth on the road. Would encourage wheel insurance though as they're easy to nick and scuff. Interior screams luxury - well appointed and roomy. MMI control is much easier to learn than critics say.Upgraded Bose audio is concert hall quality with the surround sound selection. Bluetooth works like a dream. Adaptive headlights are very bright. Good acceleration and braking. Quattro AWD gives excellent handling. Tight turning radius for a big car. Trunk is deep and the back seats fold down (!) easily holding golf bags.

Favorite Features

NAV, MMI, Bose audio, upgraded wheels, fuel economy, interior comfort & quietness, walnut accents, Bluetooth, exterior style, Quattro AWD, cabin air circulation, controls on steering wheel. Power rear sunshade.

Suggested Improvements

Soft-material alloy wheels susceptible to nicks and scrapes from road debris.

Perfect design and performance
By Carcritic

2007 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is a spectacular car, its handling is excellent, and it grips the road like no other car. It is the nicest design, interior and exterior in its class. Very smooth on the road for the front seats, and has been a very reliable car so far. I drive a lot, it has 16000 miles in less then a year, and so far it has not gone for service except for the regular maintenance. Great AWD as well, drives in the snow beautifully, doesn't slip or slide. Great job Audi.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, audio system, handling, and AWD. Great on snow and in rain.

Suggested Improvements

The rain sensors are not the best, but that is not a big deal, you can do it manually. Navigation should be made a little easier to use. The ride is comfortable, but you can really feel the bumps on the road in the backseat, more then most cars in its class.

Great as usual
By John Heydel

2007 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

Excellent car. Have had several Audis. This is the best, even though the others were excellent.

Favorite Features

Fit and finish, mileage, safe car feel.

Suggested Improvements

The direct fuel injection causes noisy engine on acceleration.

It delivers on all levels
By matt

2007 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is a very impressive car. Love the power in sport mode. Build quality is awesome. Traded a 2006 A3 2.0 with DSG. I miss the lightning quick paddles and DSG would be a great addition to this vehicle. The trunk is huge. I have not tested this, but I am guessing that I could fit 4 golf bags in it. Can't wait to burn up the miles.

Favorite Features

Smooth 4.2, technology package, car is extremely user friendly.

Suggested Improvements

mpg, ?????