Used 2007 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Audi A6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

My Choice over BMW 528ix, Infinity M35x
By Mikeb100

2007 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd certified used Audi A6, the 1st was an Avant that I kept until 185,000 miles and it still drove like new. This 2007 certified used Audi had 27,000 miles when I bought it and I haven't had a single problem. All the power I can use and all I do is think about passing and the next thing I know I'm past in absolute silence and total control. The brakes are amazing, but rather touchy and take some getting used to. I average 27 mpg and 32 on the highway doing 70-75. Nav is fast, accurate and easy, Bose radio rocks, steering and handling great. My speedometer is 3 mph fast and the front cupholders aren't great - otherwise nothing compares for this 6'2" 220 pounder

Favorite Features

Engine/trans; Quattro; Nav; stability, handling, smoothness and quiet at all speeds; mileage and gas tank size; strong brakes with brake assist; comfort; reliability; interior and exterior styling - so - just about everything

Suggested Improvements

Less touchy brakes (more like the A4), cooled seat backs, better front cupholders

A luxury car yet...
By The Doctor

2007 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

My car is actually the Audi A6 2.0 TSI and it has what it takes to make it big among its German stablemates. The design flair is obvious; keep it conservative, but let it age with style. The build quality has improved from my 2000 Audi A6 with the feel of this car leaning more towards the A8 than it does to the A4. The handling is still nimble and oh so much fun in S-shift, especially when taking off at the lights. The Jekyll and Hyde personality shift is scary! The sound system is pure pleasure and adds to the ambience of the car... that is, until things start going wrong.

Favorite Features

Very sexy design, with the rear end challenging the beauty of Eve. Leg room at the back is expansive. The boot is ginormous. The seats are comfy and the MMI is very intuitive. The burble of the engine, and its roar when it opens up... MMM!

Suggested Improvements

When I drive an Audi, I prefer thoughts of 'MMMmmm' instead of 'What the...?'. The electrical system was affected by either the gloomy whether or the rain - the MMI has stopped working (the car is 12 mo old!) and the bluetooth doesn't pair up. Thank goodness it's under warranty...

2007 Audi After 1 year and 11,500 Miles
By Derry

2007 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Took delivery Jan 28, 07. Car was delivered spiffy clean and sparkling. So far, no serious defects of any kind - rather amazing in a complex machine. Only a few minor complaints: front cupholders could use redesign - one is under the armrest, which needs to be lifted to use cupholder. Windshield wiper moisture sensors work but not precisely enough - you need to "help" them along sometimes. Occasionally, there is a very slight hesitation when starting up from idle - seems to have lessened as time goes by - maybe I am getting used to it?? Very slight rattle in glove box door- needs adjustment?. Thats IT!! This is a "serious" car - took fanatical attention to detail to build. Fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Attractive styling and general appearance, good handling, excellent gas mileage, engine power - excellent for a mid-size six, wood trim is beautifully made, MMI is easy to use in spite of what some say.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder design needs improvement, windshield wiper moisture sensor responsiveness, possible slight hesitation from idle.

Delayed acceleration and squeaky brakes
By tomv

2007 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

When I took delivery of my car and the brakes were very loud the salesman told me this was just a temporary problem and would go away-it has only been worse. Srevice dept reply-brakes squeak. My 4 other vehicles do not have squeaky brakes. The worst problem however is the delayed acceleration at slow speeds. I will not let other family members drive this car, it is not safe and again the service reps say that's just the way it is! I will never buy another. I own 2 Lexuses and have had no problems that were not taken care of ditto that for the 2 BMWs. Audi's indifference to these acknowledged problems is beyond belief.

Blast to Drive and Style too
By Linda

2007 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I researched all german and japanese sedans in the $40,000 to $60,000 range and Audi was one of the last I drove. I have been driving BMWs since the late 70s owning the 3 and 5 series. Audi's A6 reliability got better reviews the last few years so I checked it out. It's very nimble, powerful and just plain fun to drive, plus it's stylish. Being a female, color is important and I love the amaretto interior. Bose sound system cranks too.

Favorite Features

Can shift into manual mode. Very responsive and good in snow. Stylish and the interior is attractive and very european.

Suggested Improvements

As a lot of german autos, the cup holder could be improved by adding a second holder without having to lift the arm rest. The warning light appears sensitive - activated by the gas cap not being seated properly.