Used 2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Love it!
By Pete

2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought mine CPO with 30K miles on it. Have put on 30K in last year. TERRIFIC car. The 4.2 is the only way to go.. I think the Edmunds tester slipped or something, my car rips off 5.8-6.0 second blasts to 60 all day long. But this isn't a stop light dragster. The V8 really comes into play at highway speeds.. going 60 to 90 in a blink. Interior is elegant and well thought out. I only have a few, very minor quibbles about ease of use. Maintenance can be expensive... but then again, it's a German luxury sedan. My CPO looked practically new when I got it for 1/2 the sticker price. And the warranty still had bumper to bumper left + 50K miles in CPO. I'll never buy a new car again.

The 4.2! The seats are perfect. The Bose audio is fantastic and I have a very critical ear for sound. The ride is great.. not flabby, not rock hard... taut without being harsh. Love the MMI. The slick little LED lights for exit/entry and "atmosphere". The dash looks so cool at night.

Honestly, the nav is lacking. I've heard the new 3g is way better, and the new a8 has a super cool feature set with Google connectivity, etc. Oh, and it bugs me that when I turn on the heated seats it also turns on the climate control. I'd prefer that be separate. That's it.

My 2007 Audi A6 delivers.
By H J Richardson

2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The A6 4.2 is my first German luxury sedan, having previously enjoyed both Volvo and Acura sedans. The A6 clearly outclasses, and out-performs, these models, as it should for its premium price. Overall, I am very pleased with this car after 20,000 miles. It has been mechanically sound, is safe and comfortable, has classic euro lux sedan good looks, and delivers great performance. Two things have really impressed me. First, the quattro AWD -- it performs in all weather conditions;I won't have another car without AWD. Second, fuel economy - it is very good for a powerful V8, I often get 26-28 on the highway even when I'm pushing the pace. The navigation and MMII systems are lackluster.

Looks, performance, safety, the A6 is near perfection in size, comfort, quality, and attention to detail. The quattro AWD is terrific. The 19" alloy wheels are stunning and really give the A6 a wow factor. The same for the interior - it's form and function is impressive.

Not much really needs to be improved. However, the A6 deserves a more refined and advanced MMII and navigation system.

Delayed acceleration and squeaky brakes
By tomv

2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

When I took delivery of my car and the brakes were very loud the salesman told me this was just a temporary problem and would go away-it has only been worse. Srevice dept reply-brakes squeak. My 4 other vehicles do not have squeaky brakes. The worst problem however is the delayed acceleration at slow speeds. I will not let other family members drive this car, it is not safe and again the service reps say that's just the way it is! I will never buy another. I own 2 Lexuses and have had no problems that were not taken care of ditto that for the 2 BMWs. Audi's indifference to these acknowledged problems is beyond belief.

Blast to Drive and Style too
By Linda

2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I researched all german and japanese sedans in the $40,000 to $60,000 range and Audi was one of the last I drove. I have been driving BMWs since the late 70s owning the 3 and 5 series. Audi's A6 reliability got better reviews the last few years so I checked it out. It's very nimble, powerful and just plain fun to drive, plus it's stylish. Being a female, color is important and I love the amaretto interior. Bose sound system cranks too.

Can shift into manual mode. Very responsive and good in snow. Stylish and the interior is attractive and very european.

As a lot of german autos, the cup holder could be improved by adding a second holder without having to lift the arm rest. The warning light appears sensitive - activated by the gas cap not being seated properly.

A6 4.2 - A Blast to Drive!
By TC

2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've driven Acuras for 15 years (Vigor, TL) and loved them. My new 2007 A6 4.2 is my first German car, and I love it. I wanted a 4WD vehicle with large engine and room to fit my bike. I started looking at the BMW X5, Acura RL and MDX, and the Lexus RX. I liked the X5 a lot, but really preferred a sedan. When I discovered the A6 had 350 hp, beautiful interior, and an enormous trunk, I was in. My test drive sealed the deal. I've had the car for 6 weeks and 1,400 mi, and am loving every minute. It's fun to drive with tons of power and lots of class. I'm sure I'll feel some pain in the wallet for service, but Audi's service contract eases that a bit. A big thumbs-up for Audi!

Excellent driver ergonomics. Fine exterior styling. Solid feel. Huge trunk with fold-down rear seats. Power to spare.

Steering wheel radio nav requires too many clicks. Down-shifts sometimes a bit rough.