2007 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Love it!
By Pete on 04/17/10 13:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought mine CPO with 30K miles on it. Have put on 30K in last year. TERRIFIC car. The 4.2 is the only way to go.. I think the Edmunds tester slipped or something, my car rips off 5.8-6.0 second blasts to 60 all day long. But this isn't a stop light dragster. The V8 really comes into play at highway speeds.. going 60 to 90 in a blink. Interior is elegant and well thought out. I only have a few, very minor quibbles about ease of use. Maintenance can be expensive... but then again, it's a German luxury sedan. My CPO looked practically new when I got it for 1/2 the sticker price. And the warranty still had bumper to bumper left + 50K miles in CPO. I'll never buy a new car again.

My 2007 Audi A6 delivers.
By H J Richardson on 11/25/08 20:00 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The A6 4.2 is my first German luxury sedan, having previously enjoyed both Volvo and Acura sedans. The A6 clearly outclasses, and out-performs, these models, as it should for its premium price. Overall, I am very pleased with this car after 20,000 miles. It has been mechanically sound, is safe and comfortable, has classic euro lux sedan good looks, and delivers great performance. Two things have really impressed me. First, the quattro AWD -- it performs in all weather conditions;I won't have another car without AWD. Second, fuel economy - it is very good for a powerful V8, I often get 26-28 on the highway even when I'm pushing the pace. The navigation and MMII systems are lackluster.

Delayed acceleration and squeaky brakes
By tomv on 02/16/08 17:03 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

When I took delivery of my car and the brakes were very loud the salesman told me this was just a temporary problem and would go away-it has only been worse. Srevice dept reply-brakes squeak. My 4 other vehicles do not have squeaky brakes. The worst problem however is the delayed acceleration at slow speeds. I will not let other family members drive this car, it is not safe and again the service reps say that's just the way it is! I will never buy another. I own 2 Lexuses and have had no problems that were not taken care of ditto that for the 2 BMWs. Audi's indifference to these acknowledged problems is beyond belief.

Blast to Drive and Style too
By Linda on 08/16/07 15:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I researched all german and japanese sedans in the $40,000 to $60,000 range and Audi was one of the last I drove. I have been driving BMWs since the late 70s owning the 3 and 5 series. Audi's A6 reliability got better reviews the last few years so I checked it out. It's very nimble, powerful and just plain fun to drive, plus it's stylish. Being a female, color is important and I love the amaretto interior. Bose sound system cranks too.

A6 4.2 - A Blast to Drive!
By TC on 05/19/07 08:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've driven Acuras for 15 years (Vigor, TL) and loved them. My new 2007 A6 4.2 is my first German car, and I love it. I wanted a 4WD vehicle with large engine and room to fit my bike. I started looking at the BMW X5, Acura RL and MDX, and the Lexus RX. I liked the X5 a lot, but really preferred a sedan. When I discovered the A6 had 350 hp, beautiful interior, and an enormous trunk, I was in. My test drive sealed the deal. I've had the car for 6 weeks and 1,400 mi, and am loving every minute. It's fun to drive with tons of power and lots of class. I'm sure I'll feel some pain in the wallet for service, but Audi's service contract eases that a bit. A big thumbs-up for Audi!

It delivers on all levels
By matt on 01/06/07 22:50 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is a very impressive car. Love the power in sport mode. Build quality is awesome. Traded a 2006 A3 2.0 with DSG. I miss the lightning quick paddles and DSG would be a great addition to this vehicle. The trunk is huge. I have not tested this, but I am guessing that I could fit 4 golf bags in it. Can't wait to burn up the miles.

S Line package and 4.2 V8 are AMAZING
By Jeff Lock on 12/20/06 23:13 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car does everything well. The technology integrated into the vehicle and build quality are superb.

Best Bang for your Quarta!
By Darth Vader on 09/25/06 22:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The first thing that is great about the car is its elegant interior, I've owned BMWs and Lexus and MBZs and they all come in a distant second to the interior. The sure footedness of its all wheel drive makes it a fun car to drive, yet not stiff and rugged like it's german relatives. This vehicle is not the quickest off the line but the real world does not live in the 0-60 realm, it is in real driving situations where this car exceeds expectations. The MMI took a while to learn, but who needs it when you have the voice activated commands?

2007 4.2 S line A6
By fs on 09/03/06 14:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I agonized over this car for months Audi vs BMW vs Lexus vs Acura... I am defiinitely very happy. The V8 is quick off the line but is more appreciated when passing on the freeway. S line handling and paddle shifter are fun but not mandatory. New addition is the review camera - which becomes important in the city (bumpers not made for love taps). Interior comfort very similar to the A8. The car is awesome. The Nav is easier to use than BMW. Decent mpg for a V8. The brakes could be a more responsive. Apparently they didn't make too many of the V8 A6s - usually are ordered only - and so you wind up paying more for it (just 1k under MSRP) but is definitely worth it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.