2007 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Nice!
By sagarian9

2007 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2007 A4 for a 2007 certified A6 (needed extra room in the back seat). Very happy with the purchase. I do miss the "nimbleness" of the A4, but the A6 added a few extras that I didn't have before. There's enough room in the back for a baby seat - behind both driver and passenger and the trunk is enormous! Plenty of power when needed - just watch the fuel gauge. Driving conservatively around town, I get in the low 20's. On the highway - averaging around 70 - I get close to 30 mpg. Pretty good for a big heavy car. Plus, it can run well on regular - unlike the 2.0T A4. Although I do alternate with a tank full of Shell Premium V-Power just to keep the injectors clean.

Favorite Features

I love the trip computer and the air-conditioned/heated rear seating area. Huge trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Simplify the MMI system. It's overkill. 6 settings for the heated seats? Ridiculous. How about a rocker switch with Off, Low, and High? Move the CD changer OUT of the glove compartment. Let us change disks on the road and get more stuff in the glove compartment. How about doing something about the coated aluminum strips on the outside of the car that go cloudy milky with no way to restore it?

Love it!
By Pete

2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought mine CPO with 30K miles on it. Have put on 30K in last year. TERRIFIC car. The 4.2 is the only way to go.. I think the Edmunds tester slipped or something, my car rips off 5.8-6.0 second blasts to 60 all day long. But this isn't a stop light dragster. The V8 really comes into play at highway speeds.. going 60 to 90 in a blink. Interior is elegant and well thought out. I only have a few, very minor quibbles about ease of use. Maintenance can be expensive... but then again, it's a German luxury sedan. My CPO looked practically new when I got it for 1/2 the sticker price. And the warranty still had bumper to bumper left + 50K miles in CPO. I'll never buy a new car again.

Favorite Features

The 4.2! The seats are perfect. The Bose audio is fantastic and I have a very critical ear for sound. The ride is great.. not flabby, not rock hard... taut without being harsh. Love the MMI. The slick little LED lights for exit/entry and "atmosphere". The dash looks so cool at night.

Suggested Improvements

Honestly, the nav is lacking. I've heard the new 3g is way better, and the new a8 has a super cool feature set with Google connectivity, etc. Oh, and it bugs me that when I turn on the heated seats it also turns on the climate control. I'd prefer that be separate. That's it.

Perfection
By Dani

2007 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

This is my favorite car yet. I have had other German cars and they don't compare. I have put 10,000 miles on my Audi and not a single problem. The car handles really well in the rain and is perfect for defensive driving with all these other crazy Florida drivers. It is beautiful on the outside and ultimate luxury on the inside. I even left my purse with my cell in the trunk and I was able to still make calls with the built-in bluetooth. I am so satisfied with this car I want to keep it another 3 years and continue with Audi.

Favorite Features

it drives so smooth, and the interior

Love it
By dschoen

2007 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I had an Audi A6 2.7 2000 which I loved and was very much the sports car. The A6 3.2 2008 is not as sporty but is a great car to drive. The sound system is the best I've ever owned. The gas mileage is unbelievable with in city averaging over 21 and highway over 30. The car is great car for trips and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Features

The sound system which you can control whether it is front, back or driver.

My 2007 Audi A6 delivers.
By H J Richardson

2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The A6 4.2 is my first German luxury sedan, having previously enjoyed both Volvo and Acura sedans. The A6 clearly outclasses, and out-performs, these models, as it should for its premium price. Overall, I am very pleased with this car after 20,000 miles. It has been mechanically sound, is safe and comfortable, has classic euro lux sedan good looks, and delivers great performance. Two things have really impressed me. First, the quattro AWD -- it performs in all weather conditions;I won't have another car without AWD. Second, fuel economy - it is very good for a powerful V8, I often get 26-28 on the highway even when I'm pushing the pace. The navigation and MMII systems are lackluster.

Favorite Features

Looks, performance, safety, the A6 is near perfection in size, comfort, quality, and attention to detail. The quattro AWD is terrific. The 19" alloy wheels are stunning and really give the A6 a wow factor. The same for the interior - it's form and function is impressive.

Suggested Improvements

Not much really needs to be improved. However, the A6 deserves a more refined and advanced MMII and navigation system.

My Choice over BMW 528ix, Infinity M35x
By Mikeb100

2007 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd certified used Audi A6, the 1st was an Avant that I kept until 185,000 miles and it still drove like new. This 2007 certified used Audi had 27,000 miles when I bought it and I haven't had a single problem. All the power I can use and all I do is think about passing and the next thing I know I'm past in absolute silence and total control. The brakes are amazing, but rather touchy and take some getting used to. I average 27 mpg and 32 on the highway doing 70-75. Nav is fast, accurate and easy, Bose radio rocks, steering and handling great. My speedometer is 3 mph fast and the front cupholders aren't great - otherwise nothing compares for this 6'2" 220 pounder

Favorite Features

Engine/trans; Quattro; Nav; stability, handling, smoothness and quiet at all speeds; mileage and gas tank size; strong brakes with brake assist; comfort; reliability; interior and exterior styling - so - just about everything

Suggested Improvements

Less touchy brakes (more like the A4), cooled seat backs, better front cupholders

A luxury car yet...
By The Doctor

2007 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

My car is actually the Audi A6 2.0 TSI and it has what it takes to make it big among its German stablemates. The design flair is obvious; keep it conservative, but let it age with style. The build quality has improved from my 2000 Audi A6 with the feel of this car leaning more towards the A8 than it does to the A4. The handling is still nimble and oh so much fun in S-shift, especially when taking off at the lights. The Jekyll and Hyde personality shift is scary! The sound system is pure pleasure and adds to the ambience of the car... that is, until things start going wrong.

Favorite Features

Very sexy design, with the rear end challenging the beauty of Eve. Leg room at the back is expansive. The boot is ginormous. The seats are comfy and the MMI is very intuitive. The burble of the engine, and its roar when it opens up... MMM!

Suggested Improvements

When I drive an Audi, I prefer thoughts of 'MMMmmm' instead of 'What the...?'. The electrical system was affected by either the gloomy whether or the rain - the MMI has stopped working (the car is 12 mo old!) and the bluetooth doesn't pair up. Thank goodness it's under warranty...

2007 Audi After 1 year and 11,500 Miles
By Derry

2007 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Took delivery Jan 28, 07. Car was delivered spiffy clean and sparkling. So far, no serious defects of any kind - rather amazing in a complex machine. Only a few minor complaints: front cupholders could use redesign - one is under the armrest, which needs to be lifted to use cupholder. Windshield wiper moisture sensors work but not precisely enough - you need to "help" them along sometimes. Occasionally, there is a very slight hesitation when starting up from idle - seems to have lessened as time goes by - maybe I am getting used to it?? Very slight rattle in glove box door- needs adjustment?. Thats IT!! This is a "serious" car - took fanatical attention to detail to build. Fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Attractive styling and general appearance, good handling, excellent gas mileage, engine power - excellent for a mid-size six, wood trim is beautifully made, MMI is easy to use in spite of what some say.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder design needs improvement, windshield wiper moisture sensor responsiveness, possible slight hesitation from idle.

Delayed acceleration and squeaky brakes
By tomv

2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

When I took delivery of my car and the brakes were very loud the salesman told me this was just a temporary problem and would go away-it has only been worse. Srevice dept reply-brakes squeak. My 4 other vehicles do not have squeaky brakes. The worst problem however is the delayed acceleration at slow speeds. I will not let other family members drive this car, it is not safe and again the service reps say that's just the way it is! I will never buy another. I own 2 Lexuses and have had no problems that were not taken care of ditto that for the 2 BMWs. Audi's indifference to these acknowledged problems is beyond belief.

Blast to Drive and Style too
By Linda

2007 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I researched all german and japanese sedans in the $40,000 to $60,000 range and Audi was one of the last I drove. I have been driving BMWs since the late 70s owning the 3 and 5 series. Audi's A6 reliability got better reviews the last few years so I checked it out. It's very nimble, powerful and just plain fun to drive, plus it's stylish. Being a female, color is important and I love the amaretto interior. Bose sound system cranks too.

Favorite Features

Can shift into manual mode. Very responsive and good in snow. Stylish and the interior is attractive and very european.

Suggested Improvements

As a lot of german autos, the cup holder could be improved by adding a second holder without having to lift the arm rest. The warning light appears sensitive - activated by the gas cap not being seated properly.