2006 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
2005 A6 3.2 Q
By mwroby on 09/19/05 14:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Extremely well built and thought out vehicle. The interior is cutting edge, yet refined and clean. The MMI system is extremely intuitive, I learned its operation in a couple hours. Very good power, it will push you back in your seat. I rarely see these vehicles on the road, which is a good thing. Audi is rated 8 out of 37 in quality this year from JD Power and Associates, and I agree.

A6 review
By PA guy on 09/15/05 20:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

My second A6. Mix of great things and some annoyances. Biggest issue is steering wheel which doesn't align straight when car is going straight. Not fixable because of the design and quite irritating when driving. Lower driver's seat cushion doesn't move much so for some average size folks not a comfortable position. Also the impeccable interior design of the last generation A6 design drops with absence of single CD capability, usable second cup holder and airbag and door lock lights that are very bright. Goodies two: Navigation is very easy. Automatic electronic key is far nicer than you would guess. Great trunk with quality folding seats.

LOVE my A6
By J G on 09/10/05 22:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

After being in american made vehicles for over a decade, I am in love with my A6. My wife's car is grossly under her leased mileage, but I still find myself taking my new A6 everywhere we go. I drive a lot for work, and I am actually in better moods at work and after work due to the fun driving experience of the A6. I recommend this car to anyone looking for a mid-size sedan.

Excellent Value
By Mark N on 09/01/05 11:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent value for the amount of car you get. Very sleek elegant styling compared to the boxy looks of the Mercedes Benz and BMW equivalents. Interior is roomy and comfortable especially for those that are taller than average. First time I had a car where I do not have to push the seat all the back for leg comfort. Get the Sport Package as the car performs and responds much better with it and is more than reasonably priced for what you get in return.

Would buy again
By Colleen on 08/20/05 16:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I wish a little bit more on the take-off, other than that I love this car it's a lot of fun to drive. I also like being able to switch between auto and manual shifting.

Great car except...
By MikeP on 08/18/05 14:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove everything in the A6's class. The Audi is heads and shoulders above the competition. The interior feels like someone actually thought about it, the suspension is comfortable at any speed yet can still be tossed around without any complaint. The quattro still amazes me everyday. My only complaint is with all the warning noises this car has, in particular the seatbelt 'ding' and the low fuel warning. I know we should all wear our seatbelts, but come on, I don't need the car to constantly tell me. The low fuel warning scares the bejesus out of me everytime, I think just a light would be sufficient.

overall excellence
By Renrut on 08/16/05 23:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is second Audi. First was 10 years ago. That car felt like it was trying to be "American". The new A6 is German in all of its details. Steering is quick, cornering is flat, braking is straight and sure, ride is firm and engine response is strong and quiet. The A6 does everything it should do with a high level of confidence and satisfaction. Overall, a very satisfactory solid hunk of automobile.

Great Car
By George O on 08/16/05 15:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my A6 for 9 months. Great car, handles beautifully even in snow. Fun car to drive and a beautiful design and excellent workmanship. No mechanical problems. I will buy my wife a new A4 based on my experiences with the A6.

Audi A6 Review
By Dennis Galinsky on 08/16/05 10:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

The nicest ride I have experienced.

Audi A6 - Best Luxury Sports Sedan Today
By Mauricio Barberi on 08/09/05 23:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Without a doubt, the Audi A6 is the luxury sports sedan that achieves the most compelling balance between driving experience, luxury, utility, safety and aesthetics. Every component of the vehicle--from the well thought out and purposeful controls and convenience features (Audi's MMI runs circles around BMW's iDrive and Mercedes' COMMAND) to the cavernous trunk, buttery-smooth engine and transmission, tastefully appointed interior and distinctive exterior design--works together to achieve a whole that is much more than the sum of its parts. I looked at the BMW 5- series, the MB E-class, the Lexus GS and the Acura RL and when the dust settled, the A6 had the clear advantage--the new benchmark!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.