Used 2006 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi A6

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

06 a6
By obee

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

At 6000 miles its been fun and no problems. The 5000 mile service was friendly and thorough. The mileage has been a pleasant surprise as it's constantly above 30 mpg on the highway.

interior, sound system, handling

instant mileage readout

Audi - A6 WOW!!
By Sam

2006 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

After driving American cars for over 35 years, I bought A6 (premium package). Wow ! What a difference. I looked at the competitors - no comparison! A6 has a better interior + power + everything else. Gas mileage is excellent (mid 20s combined). Handles very well.

Everything!

Must make ventilated seats available. Sun visors do not extend. Had to buy visor extender which looks awful but works.

Truly worth buying
By Ajay

2006 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

I chose the A6 against Merc E-class and BMW 5-series, just because I wanted to try something different, and this vehicle seemed promising when I visited the showroom. It offers fantastic grip on the road, and I have driven it at 155 mph frequently, without being worried. All the electronics offered in the car are also very useful and good. I never experienced any error in the car as yet (after using it for over a year). I unfortunately didn't get to buy a Quattro. Therefore, i am not much happy with the FWD of this car as it tends to slip a lot during acceleration. Incase if you are planning to buy the A6, then please go for the Quattro (AWD). It literally stands out.

Interior, Audio system, User-friendly controls of Navigation and others, solid grip over the road.

Stylish but lazy in performance
By A6 3.2 Quattro

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car mainly because of its edgy new look & safety. Unfortunately the 3.2 A6 is sluggish off the line. Unresponsive while cruising on Drive, and the Sport mode seems to shift with too much of an advanced delay. This car is fine for a driver who doesn't care about torque and responsiveness across the RPM line.

Styling and Interior.

ECU upgrade, throttle re-mapping to improve performance.

1st Audi after 4 BMWs
By steve

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

WOW is all I can say. And I'm sorry that I was a BMW "snob" for too many years. I bought the Audi primarily because I was looking for AWD in the winter. Having only had the car now for one month in the summer, I'm truly sorry that I didn't consider an Audi prior to this. This car is the ultimate driving machine!!!

Smooth shifting speed design