2006 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
2006 A6 Avant Impressions
By Northeast on 12/17/05 22:58 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the 2006 Avant for 3 months now and it's a great car. I live in the Northeast and the car sticks to bad road conditions like glue. Styling is more masculine than past Audi models, but the interior is top-rate. I spent months deciding between the BMW 530xi wagon and the A6 and did back-to-back test drives three times. The Audi is in a different class than the BMW. The 6cyl is plenty powerful, and my last car was a 2001 BMW 740il. Gas mileage has been stellar, and the MMI interface is far more user friendly than the BMW. For Options I suggest the sport seats, technology package, and the navigation. I had to get the 17" wheels and the sport shifters but would have preferred 18" tires

Top notch
By Murray Martini on 12/14/05 21:58 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Picked up my 3.2 A6 last week and my oh my, is this a beautiful car or what! Mine is fully loaded with all options and the S-Line package. The interior is top notch quality. Performance is very good especially in sports mode, the car feels very preppy and fun to drive. All in all, 10 out of 10 overall.

Saved My Life
By Deb on 12/12/05 13:41 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

The way this vehicle was constructed saved me from even a scratch in a major accident. The only drawback for buying an Audi, as some of you may already know, is the delay in getting parts. Be prepared to wait an extraordinary amount of time (it took 3 months to get in the navigation system I ordered in June) to get parts. They are beautiful cars, constructed to take care of the passengers in an accident. Sporty ride yet smooth touring performance.

I like it !!
By mikey on 12/11/05 00:47 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Put the shifter Sport mode or use Tiptronic and you can get rid of that 3rd car you got to have fun. AWD is spectacular, not just in snow and rain but at all times. I could not be more pleased by the manufacturer and the dealer that sold it and services it. The value and pleasure are immense. Try it, you'll like it,

great car
By rick on 11/22/05 07:50 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd A6. My 1st. one was great up to 40k then it started to have minor problems, so I leased the new one for 36 mos. This is a great car and fun to drive, handles well and has awesome pick-up. Interior is beautiful and has a lot of great standard equip. except for one item that was standard on my old A6 but not on the new A6, the Trip Computer. All of the auto research web sites say it is standard, but they are incorrect. I found that out the hard way after I bought the car. You have to spend $1000's in packages to get it. For some very strange reason Audi discontinued it as standard for 2006 A6. Even the owners manual has instructions on how to use it.

Great Decision
By Andrea on 11/08/05 21:23 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I would have given 10s across the board, but haven't driven the A6 in winter conditions yet. This is a car I look forward to driving for many reasons. I love the sport mode and watching the RPMs rev. The gadgets are great and comfort is superb.

The A6 is the better A8
By Mark on 11/08/05 19:40 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Just acquired this great A6 3.2L. The A6 Sedan offers all the great features of the A8. But it has the bigger and more flexible trunk. It combines luxury and utility. It's definitely the better A8 for 20.000 USD less.

Great car
By Hogendoorn on 11/02/05 10:30 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

It drives like it is on rails, it is like the car is focused on the road. I never had a 4 wheel drive, that may have something to do with the fantastic driving experience. I have only driven about 4000 miles so I can't say how the reliability will be but sofar nothing is wrong or negative. My previous car was a Lexus LS400, but you cannot compare that one with the new Audi A6, I thought I would do a step back, instead it is a jump forward.

STELLAR DESIGN, NOT RUN OF THE MILL
By ADAM on 10/12/05 10:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've recently switched from my 3rd BMW to the Audi. The all wheel drive Quattro system makes me wonder how I ever drove the rear wheel drive BMW. The performance of the Audi's Quattro System, even in dry conditions, gives the driver complete control in sport driving conditions. I truly feel the quality and fit and finish are much better. BMW's new 5 and 7's awkward design and cumbersom interiors really turned me off. The MMI system is also very convenient and easy to use unlike the I Drive which seems to only complicate things.

the bomb
By silveray on 09/30/05 16:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Love it, I really love this car the style, the ride and the overall performance of the car sets it apart from all other car in it's price range. This car could cost far more and be well worth it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.