2006 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Fun to drive, fun to own
By Brett on 03/06/06 23:05 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

This car stood out in the dealer showroom. Blue with ameratto interior. But it not only looks great, the fit, and finish is "Audi usual" great. They thought of just about everything. Driving it is a pleasure. The low end torque off from start, is slugglish, but its acceptable. Fuel economy so far has been acceptable for this type of car. I look forward to a great ownership experience.

Dead Solid Near Perfect
By MJBatchelor on 03/04/06 13:20 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Only 1200 miles, so far, but a beautiful ride. Had a 1998 A6 for 3 years on lease with no problems. It just wasn't powerful enough. The new motor takes care of that problem. The build quality is simply fantastic. Paint finish and interior quality are excellent. The biggest thing is the Quattro - it's like driving on rails, very confidence inspiring. Economy is good for a vehicle of this type. The MMI is slightly confusing at times but, once you use it for awhile, it becomes more intuitive. We have almost all the options (Technology, etc.), but the heated steering wheel (which just wasn't in stock.) The interior lighting, switches, etc., is simply best in class. We love the car.

love this car
By lenny on 02/25/06 02:56 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Runs great and is fun to drive Buy the all weather Mats .. look good and work better than cloth mats

The shortest 5 hour drive of my life
By Sean on 02/20/06 16:04 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my A6 after extensive web, book and test drive research. I am a big guy, who has always bought cars that fit my appetite for sport and luxury. The A6 has exceeded my expectations and after Mercedes and BMW and Lexus were given their fair shot amongst others, I bought my 4.2 while visiting my brother in law who lives 5 hours away. By the time I arrived home I had mastered the MMI, Satellite Radio and Navigation systems, and was let down when I actually was at the end of my trip. I have never found a car so ergonomically sound, practical, powerful, and energizing, while pampering you all at the same time.

Nice car
By john on 02/08/06 18:48 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned many Audis from the A8 on down. This is my 3rd A6. They have always been nice to look at but were short on driving dynamics. This car drives like no other audi I have driven, including the current S4. It is a large car that drives like a BMW. The steering/road feel is all there. I have had no problems so far and have very little to complain about. There are always things that disappoint like making the trip computer at option on a 49k sticker car. This has always been an Audi hallmark. My 85 4000Q had it standard. Other than the little stuff, this car rocks. jm

Fantastic Car
By Brian on 02/02/06 19:02 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Audi. The new A6 is outstanding and fun to drive. So far it has been picture perfect.

tight ride
By linco on 01/25/06 16:36 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This Audi is refined yet subtle. Those around you cannot appreciate this cars ability. Wolf in sheeps sheet metal.

car
By deb on 01/15/06 12:21 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Never thought I'd EVER drive a wagon again once the kids were grown. But this is easier to manuever than an SUV. It is really a great, responsive vehicle! I wish the cupholders were better positioned and without that rubber piece that keeps your cup stuck in the holder. The rear view mirror can be really tricky to put back on if it comes off (as ours did). The navigation system is great; we have a BMW also and this navigation system is FAR superior to that!

This is a machine!
By Dawg Fan on 01/10/06 18:44 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I researched and drove the Mercedes E500 and the BMW 530xi before I drove this car. I went right back to the showroom and bought it - never looked back at the MB or BMW. The ride, power, handling, and technology in this car is head and shoulders above them. I get compliments from people that see this car at night! A real head turner. I love the MMI. The power in this 4.2 reminds me of my 2001 Corvette - this car may keep the Vette sitting in the garage under it's cover.

Fun with Luxury
By leyla12 on 12/26/05 16:07 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Audi after owning several Lexus'. I must say that the quality and performance is far supeior to what I have experienced with other brands. This car is fun, fun, fur to drive with all the luxury included.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.