Used 2006 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Most Helpful|
Happiness is
By Sosoomi

2006 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

I wanted a Quattro in the worst way but when this vehicle came to market, only 16K miles and loads of options I could not say no! Tons of interior space, truly well finished inside and out. Performance is good. The engine sounds great and I love the tranny. Unbelievably smooth and the sport mode is fun! The gas mileage is awesome. I just finished a 800 mile round trip and averaged 31.3 MPG. I set the cruise at 85 MPH and got this result. I don't get it.. at 75 the result is lower, go figure! The MMI is easily learned and the sound system, Bose, is fantastic!

Favorite Features

Smart key, this is the best, push button start. MMI with bluetooth. My Blackberry integrates perfectly.

Suggested Improvements

C'mon guys. No Ipod integration?

What a Porsche 911 Aspired to be, not too long ago...
By cincinnatikid

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I'm amazed at how it sticks to rails as I corner. The heated steering wheel, racing seats, electric sun shades are all nice, but it is the performance in an understated sedan that impresses me most. When I look at how this model is rated by everything from The Robb Report to Road & Track against competitors many times its price, I'm grateful to have found this hidden gem. Yes it needs 9 quarts of oil but it's built like a rock. Only problems have been buttons wearing out and headlights leaking, easy fixes. Rear air bag needs work too.

Favorite Features

Cornering.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable, more cushioned racing seats. Air conditioned seats. Better seals on the headlights.

7 years and still like new
By ozzie1999

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned a lot of cars. Many of which I cycled through as I got bored of them, or they just started to under perform and cause issues. I purchased this A6 with 5K on the clock and it currently has 65K. I do pamper it, but it returns its pampering with flawless performance with an engine roar that sounds better than the day I got it. Oh yeah and 7 years and there is not one bit of rust.

Favorite Features

Everything. I love every feature of this car. This was one of the first models that had key-less entry, integrated navigation, integrated blue tooth phone, and voice command - not to mention the awesome 4WD. I recently drove in a new 3.0T considering an upgrade but I'm not sure I would switch at this point.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps - better lumbar, bigger sunroof, comfier head-rests.. but at this point, we're going into cocktail bar type features.

Love to Drive My Audi!
By Fearlessinfuquay

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a blast to drive! Hugs the road like a coaster on rails. Quick, responsive, and an extremely smooth ride. MMI system is easy and reliable. The controls are driver friendly too. The luxury comforts are a dream. Driver's seat hugs like a cockpit, and back seat is very roomy and very comfortable. The trunk is huge! If you really love to drive, I mean really love to drive, then this Audi is for you. I test drove Mercedes, BMW, and Infiniti. I am so glad that I chose my Audi, and I will forever more be an Audi lover.

Favorite Features

Responsive handling - smooth ride - driver friendly controls - MMI system.

Suggested Improvements

The engine stutters upon acceleration. Really is a shame. CD changer is located in the glove box. Definitely not driver friendly.

Great car with hefty maintenance price
By nathanapt357

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I have the S-Line package. This car is a lot of fun to drive and handles better than most cars I've owned; the quattro AWD system certainly inspires confidence. For its weight, the car is a little underpowered with the V6 engine. Seats are a little firm and I can't seem to adjust the driver's seat just right. Long trips are still pretty easy. Rear seat has a lot of leg room. The female end of the center seat belt is recessed and hard to reach for practical use; definitely cannot use a car seat or booster seat in the center. Other than that, car is very well built, gets a lot of looks from people, and is not all that common (making it even better!).

Favorite Features

Handling, braking, Sport mode for transmission (gets excellent response and appears to change driving dynamics), ambiance lighting, MMI, paint quality.

Suggested Improvements

Scheduled maintenance costs ($600 for average service every 10K miles and $2500 for 75K service), recessed center seatbelt buckle, somewhat flat sound of Bose sound system, slow low-end acceleration.