Used 2006 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Fun to Drive and Safe
By Sean

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

The quattro feature makes me feel as if I am riding on tracks. I have been in a number of snow and ice storms this winter in New England and never even slipped. Amazing. It's fun to drive, and every component, every feature fits perfectly with each other - there is nothing wrong with this car. Service has lived up to expectations, Audi has gone out of its way to ensure a good experience.

Drive train with quattro feature, heated steering wheel, Tiptronic.

I've had the car for 4 months, can't think of anything.

2006 Audi A6 Wagon
By Frank_R

2006 Audi A6 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I drive 120 miles daily to Santa Cruz CA, up over the mountains (dreadful highway 17). For this the car is great! When it rains the road becomes treacherous and the car holds the road and stops better than everyone else. A real plus! The car is comfortable, quiet and makes the commute quite bearable.

Surprisingly good gas mileage and really performs quite well (for a wagon). Holds the road really well.

I have experienced a few rattles; it would be nice if these went away. Otherwise very few complaints; I would like an iPod connection - I use an FM gizmo that works, but a direct connect would be nice.

Best interior style, reliable fun
By JHAUDI

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Great experience, 25,000 mi and counting. Audi replaced a faulty rear window (fog inside glass) upon delivery. Love the mtce warranty. No major repairs or issues, and NO minor ones either. Best road handler out there, summer, fall and especially winter. Love this car in winter! Cleans up real nice too, time and again.

Quattro - nothing like it around. Engine sound is sweet. Exterior styling / paint is exceptional. "Sport" automatic transmission setting. Keyless entry.

MMI does not play nice with Bluetooth phones - Palm Treo. MMI still lacking iPod integration.

Lousy Audi
By leblancjon

2006 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

Spent a total of 3 months at the dealer for repair of sunroof (3 times), noise in suspensions (never fixed - the dealer gave up, suggested I buy another car), blew transmission after 6300 miles. Again dealer suggested I should have bought a Quatro, instead of a CVT. Still has noises in the liner, suspension, rattles in the door and seats. Do yourself a favor, do not bay an Audi.

None, wish I never purchased the automobile.

A transmmission that works, better quality control, timely supply of parts and improve customer service.

Great Car - back it up
By Jim

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Have a 2000 A6 Quattro. Still runs great - love the car. Good thing for the warranty though as rotors and brakes went early. Bought a 2006 3.2 quattro .Dealer told me the "only change in warranty was that wiper blades were only warrantied for 1 year". Guess what, six months later blades are shot & local dealer tells me they are no longer covered and it will cost me $50 to replace. Had some electrical surprises - audio shutting off, no way to turn back on unless battery is disconnected & reconnected. Worse, my left front headlamp leaks & fogs. When I made an appointment to have it fixed, they did not "see" it so I now have to wait for it to happen again.

Bring back old warranty. Audi has the rep for expensive repairs. Comfort was bought in the warranty. Now taken away. No more Audis for me unless I have a bunch of extra money that I need a place to put.