2006 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Audi A6
By B on 06/01/06 11:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Having previously owned a Mercedes E55 I was skeptical when it came to acquiring an A6. So far it has met all my expectations and then some. Build quality and interior design are first rate. MMI easy to use. Great stereo and nav. Highly reccomend this as an excellent value for the money .

A6 Review
By NK on 05/04/06 20:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

The new A6 is out of this world! Fun to drive - great performance and excellent redesign especially the interior. Navigation system very user friendly.

Audi A6
By Ed Hunt on 04/21/06 17:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This car is one of the most enjoyable vehicles I have ever driven. The lines and features are fabulous. Options galore.

Excellence in Elegance
By ChiBlue on 04/21/06 15:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The A6 is the best car I've ever owned... not necessarily the best I've ever driven. But then, a DeTamasso Pantera is not exactly your every day car. Nevertheless, the A6 delivers superior performance, comfort and safety. And, it's a great looking car, while not the most pricey of the luxury sedans. The electronics display does require some investment of time to fully understand. Also, I had some minor seat problems the dealer rectified only after 3 trips. However, the dealer service was courteous and, overall, the A6 is a great car. I'm a proud owner.

Style
By Nad.Ffog on 04/16/06 21:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Audi A6 Avant (wagon). I love the outdoors, and this car is a perfect compliment. This past winter, I've skiied in the Sierra Nevada Mtns almost every weekend. Huge snows. Even with the stock M&S tires, this car performs magically. The A6 Quattro definitely inspires confidence.

A6 vs 530i
By das on 04/16/06 13:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

My 2006 BMW 530i was totaled in an accident after 3 months and since it took 6 weeks for the repair shop to get BMW to determine it was totaled, I elected to go with an A6. Both are great cars. The 530 has better low end torque and is quicker off the line. Both have a great road feel. The Audi Navigation and computer are much more user friendly. As far as gas mileage, I was getting 20+ with the BMW. I'm getting similar mileage with the Audi although my last tank was around 18 - 19.

Nice step up from A4
By rmcrowe on 04/10/06 22:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Having owned the A4 previously, I prefered the sportiness of a smaller car. But the need for more room was overpowering. This is a good trade-off. It is not as nimble as the A4, but it is responsive and for a car this size gets around quite well.

Best in Class
By DBG on 03/29/06 02:07 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I just hit my 1000th mile on my new A6. Being a 6 time former BMW owner, I have to say I am darn happy I chose my A6 vs. the 530 I first test drove. This car is awesome in rain, absolutely gorgeous and quiet inside and drives beautifully. Sure it's not quite as tight in at the wheel, in fact, it's a bit Lexus like.. requiring nearly no input to drive, however, the comfort, quality of the interior and awesome braking more than make up for it. Also.. it feels like my 02 740 IL inside with massive rear legroom vs. the ever so tight 5 series which was a major factor in this particular decision. The useability of the MMI system/NAV etc.. it the most intuitive of every car I've driven as well

I'm in Luv!
By Bpau on 03/19/06 18:16 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I finally got the call the my order was in. Picked it on Saturday. All I can say is "I'm in Luv!" It was sitting in delivery as I pulled into the dealership. I almost ran into something as it caught my eye. The color was worth the wait. I live on the east cost about an hour from Atlantic City. Went down that night and it felt like I was gliding on the road. What a wonderful drive. I'm glad I didn't get the 4.2...I'm sure I would accumulate many speeding ticket's if I had. I was doing 80 and it felt like 55/60. Also, I've heard mixed reviews regarding the MMI system being difficult...I do not find it difficult at all.

Look forward to driving again
By marc on 03/16/06 07:10 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I typically prefer Japanese upscale cars for reliability but was wowed by the interior and exterior design. Wife had an A6 many years ago that had its compliment of electrical and oil burning problems which kept me away until now. Have been extremely pleased with the cars performance, handling and comfort over the past 4 months.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.