Used 2006 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Best interior style, reliable fun
By JHAUDI

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Great experience, 25,000 mi and counting. Audi replaced a faulty rear window (fog inside glass) upon delivery. Love the mtce warranty. No major repairs or issues, and NO minor ones either. Best road handler out there, summer, fall and especially winter. Love this car in winter! Cleans up real nice too, time and again.

Quattro - nothing like it around. Engine sound is sweet. Exterior styling / paint is exceptional. "Sport" automatic transmission setting. Keyless entry.

MMI does not play nice with Bluetooth phones - Palm Treo. MMI still lacking iPod integration.

Lousy Audi
By leblancjon

2006 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

Spent a total of 3 months at the dealer for repair of sunroof (3 times), noise in suspensions (never fixed - the dealer gave up, suggested I buy another car), blew transmission after 6300 miles. Again dealer suggested I should have bought a Quatro, instead of a CVT. Still has noises in the liner, suspension, rattles in the door and seats. Do yourself a favor, do not bay an Audi.

None, wish I never purchased the automobile.

A transmmission that works, better quality control, timely supply of parts and improve customer service.

Great Car - back it up
By Jim

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Have a 2000 A6 Quattro. Still runs great - love the car. Good thing for the warranty though as rotors and brakes went early. Bought a 2006 3.2 quattro .Dealer told me the "only change in warranty was that wiper blades were only warrantied for 1 year". Guess what, six months later blades are shot & local dealer tells me they are no longer covered and it will cost me $50 to replace. Had some electrical surprises - audio shutting off, no way to turn back on unless battery is disconnected & reconnected. Worse, my left front headlamp leaks & fogs. When I made an appointment to have it fixed, they did not "see" it so I now have to wait for it to happen again.

Bring back old warranty. Audi has the rep for expensive repairs. Comfort was bought in the warranty. Now taken away. No more Audis for me unless I have a bunch of extra money that I need a place to put.

Excellent Car
By ak

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Having been a loyal BMW driver for many years, it was hard to even consider buying an Audi. But with the less attractive styling of the BMW 5 series, i considered the Audi A6 and was very happy I did. The Audi doesn't quite have the pep and drive of a BMW, but the excellent Quattro all-wheel drive system and the incredibly attractive and comfortable interior make this car a real joy. I've been very impressed by the car's quality and dependability.

Quattro.

Bolder styling, more responsive engine.

Bad Decision to Buy
By DaveS

2006 Audi A6 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I love to drive my Avant. The ride is supreme and handles great on dry or wet roads; winter driving is very disappointing. The vehicle was shipped and delivered with obvious flaws in the trim and rear window glass. Several MMI modules had to be replaced, also a rear light module, and the adaptive shocks squeak and moan so badly it ruins the fun of driving the car; one strut has already been replaced and another is in need. The navigation is unreliable and does not recoginze obvious short cuts. Greatly lacks in quality and reliability.

Adaptive cruise control, Bose surround sound, acceleration, cavernous cargo space

Better, more reliable, accurate information in the owner's manual. Auto-tilt down passenger mirror combined with rear parking assist have many blind spots that I had to learn the hard way. Squeakless air-struts. Better placed warning lights. Warning light for suspension in dynamic mode.