Used 2006 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi A6

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Wow!
By Michael B

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I am very impressed with my Audi A6. We opted for the 4.2L V8 and have been very pleased with the performance. We looked at BMW and Mercedes, but there was no comparison with the luxury, technology, and of course the Quattro AWD. The car sticks to the road like glue in wet or dry conditions. The S- Line package makes the suspension so responsive that it is a pleasure to drive each time. The MMI is easy to use and the interior ergonomics fit like a glove. I'm sticking with Audi.

Favorite Features

MMI, Quattro AWD, navigation, keyless entry and start.

Suggested Improvements

More snappy shifting from the transmission. The shift can be a little mushy

A Positive Viewpoint
By habu55

2006 Audi A6 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased our wagon with the intent of making long trips (Seattle to Boston) in comfort. The car exceeded our expectations in all areas. 29.5 mpg at75mph all day long for a car this size is as good as it gets. Around town I get 22-23mpg. Car has plenty of power, corners well, ride is more involved than a Lexus. Since new I have had 1 rattle (fixed at the free 15k mile svc). No further problems. Tires still look as if they have another 20k mi on top of the 27k they have now. Anyone looking at a wagon or an SUV should consider an '06 Avant. Audi depreciation makes this a great buy for you; an incentive for me to keep mine for 10 years.

Favorite Features

MMI interface and the Nav system which has never let me down. Long haul seat comfort, exceptional gas mileage for this size car.

Suggested Improvements

None; for a wagon it does everything well.

Electronics can be a hassle
By zzdaf38

2006 Audi A6 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Car drives very well, fantastic road holding. Engine is strong but unrefined and loud. Electronics are a major hassle, battery often goes out and can't hold charge because the electronics drain it. Warning lights constantly on for some computer malfunction. You cant switch the varous sensors and warning off so be prepared to make the dealer your second home. Always an issue with something electronic. Car barely drives a day without some kind of electronic kink.

Favorite Features

Adaptive suspension

Suggested Improvements

Ability to switch various senors and warnings off.Annoyning lawyer screens. At least you can use stuff while driving not like Lexus.

Fun to Drive and Safe
By Sean

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

The quattro feature makes me feel as if I am riding on tracks. I have been in a number of snow and ice storms this winter in New England and never even slipped. Amazing. It's fun to drive, and every component, every feature fits perfectly with each other - there is nothing wrong with this car. Service has lived up to expectations, Audi has gone out of its way to ensure a good experience.

Favorite Features

Drive train with quattro feature, heated steering wheel, Tiptronic.

Suggested Improvements

I've had the car for 4 months, can't think of anything.

2006 Audi A6 Wagon
By Frank_R

2006 Audi A6 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I drive 120 miles daily to Santa Cruz CA, up over the mountains (dreadful highway 17). For this the car is great! When it rains the road becomes treacherous and the car holds the road and stops better than everyone else. A real plus! The car is comfortable, quiet and makes the commute quite bearable.

Favorite Features

Surprisingly good gas mileage and really performs quite well (for a wagon). Holds the road really well.

Suggested Improvements

I have experienced a few rattles; it would be nice if these went away. Otherwise very few complaints; I would like an iPod connection - I use an FM gizmo that works, but a direct connect would be nice.