2006 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Very happy with my purchase
By Michael Maddox on 08/19/06 05:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

My wife traded her A4 on an A6. I liked driving hers so well, I traded in my IS 250 for one too!

Audi 3.2 Quattro well designed
By Arch57 on 08/17/06 08:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This car was a replacement for my wife's 97 BMW 528i. This car is surprisingly quick and the transmission is the best "auto" I have ever had. The difference from her 4-speed BMW auto is amazing. This system always seems to know the right gear, downshifting as you brake so when you step on it you are in the correct gear. Handling is not on par with BMW. We could have opted for Sport suspension to fix that but got a great deal on a 2006 on the lot.

Very very pleased
By Jim Hughes on 08/11/06 07:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the 2006 A6 to replace a 1997 A6. A quantum leap in technical sophistication, comfort and fit. Seating very comfortable. Highway noise almost non-existent. Great acceleration and manuverability. Only two minor manufacturing flaws, neither performance related. The MMI is easy enough to use, but it is distracting. I live with a lot of wide open spaces, but with hundreds of satellite radio stations to choose from, you get distracted. The on- wheel controls do not remedy this because of a lag in activating the tuning dial - the lag means you have to look away from the road to see where you are. The doors are very heavy, which I equate with safe. I would happily buy this car again.

06 a6
By obee on 08/08/06 14:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

At 6000 miles its been fun and no problems. The 5000 mile service was friendly and thorough. The mileage has been a pleasant surprise as it's constantly above 30 mpg on the highway.

Audi - A6 WOW!!
By Sam on 08/01/06 13:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

After driving American cars for over 35 years, I bought A6 (premium package). Wow ! What a difference. I looked at the competitors - no comparison! A6 has a better interior + power + everything else. Gas mileage is excellent (mid 20s combined). Handles very well.

Truly worth buying
By Ajay on 07/25/06 10:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

I chose the A6 against Merc E-class and BMW 5-series, just because I wanted to try something different, and this vehicle seemed promising when I visited the showroom. It offers fantastic grip on the road, and I have driven it at 155 mph frequently, without being worried. All the electronics offered in the car are also very useful and good. I never experienced any error in the car as yet (after using it for over a year). I unfortunately didn't get to buy a Quattro. Therefore, i am not much happy with the FWD of this car as it tends to slip a lot during acceleration. Incase if you are planning to buy the A6, then please go for the Quattro (AWD). It literally stands out.

Stylish but lazy in performance
By A6 3.2 Quattro on 07/23/06 10:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car mainly because of its edgy new look & safety. Unfortunately the 3.2 A6 is sluggish off the line. Unresponsive while cruising on Drive, and the Sport mode seems to shift with too much of an advanced delay. This car is fine for a driver who doesn't care about torque and responsiveness across the RPM line.

1st Audi after 4 BMWs
By steve on 07/18/06 12:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

WOW is all I can say. And I'm sorry that I was a BMW "snob" for too many years. I bought the Audi primarily because I was looking for AWD in the winter. Having only had the car now for one month in the summer, I'm truly sorry that I didn't consider an Audi prior to this. This car is the ultimate driving machine!!!

Great car!
By Kevinh on 07/05/06 11:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second A6, and while I was pleased with my first one, the 2006 blows it away. The interior is fantastic. The ride is silky smooth with powerful perfomance. I love the nav system, but my favorite thing is the bluetooth integration. I just bought a bluetooth phone specifically because my car has it - it's great. I recommend this car.

Good Value
By Martin Baker on 06/13/06 08:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Overall very pleased with this car. While it is not as silky smooth as others in this class it offers many pros including - good gas mileage (averaging mid -20's), beautiful interior, and sporty handling and acceleration. I selected this car (after test driving the Acura RL, Mercedes E350 4matic, Lexus RX350) because it was the best value of vehicles that had AWD and all the advanced safety features. One major dislike - that steep angle of the windshield causes the dashboard to reflect on the windshield. Very annoying but fortunately it seems to be isolated to cloudy weather and less visible in bright sun and at night.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.