2006 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Terrific CPO purchase
By mperfct on 03/02/10 06:51 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I had finally outgrown my e36 m3 and decided to get a more austere sedan. I shopped Infiniti, BMW and Audi. I picked up a CPO 2006 A6 and couldn't be happier with it. The car drives wonderfully, although the V8 is a little thirsty if you keep your foot in it. I expected that though. The car is built very solid, and offers 90% of the 5er performance, but with a bit more comfortable ride. I have non-sport suspension btw, and look to change that at some point, mainly to minimize the 3" wheel gap (Toyota?). Otherwise, the car is gorgeous, and I look forward to keeping it for quite awhile. I think an A6 is a terrific CPO purchase, the extended warranty could come in handy (hopefully not).

Great car with hefty maintenance price
By nathanapt357 on 12/29/09 10:28 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I have the S-Line package. This car is a lot of fun to drive and handles better than most cars I've owned; the quattro AWD system certainly inspires confidence. For its weight, the car is a little underpowered with the V6 engine. Seats are a little firm and I can't seem to adjust the driver's seat just right. Long trips are still pretty easy. Rear seat has a lot of leg room. The female end of the center seat belt is recessed and hard to reach for practical use; definitely cannot use a car seat or booster seat in the center. Other than that, car is very well built, gets a lot of looks from people, and is not all that common (making it even better!).

Definitely German Pedigree
By Clay A on 09/09/09 11:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car was 23 months and had 15,000 miles when I bought it in 10/08. The car is a dream. It rides better and is more comfortable than any car I've ever had. It can float down the highway or play on mountain curves, whatever suits you. Even with the 8 cylinders, I get 28 mpg on the highway. In town is rough at 15, but I expected that. I like the fact that it has all the features of its better know competitors, but you don't see as many of these on the road. If you see one for a good price, grab it before it runs away. The secret is getting out, Audi rocks.

Happiness is
By Sosoomi on 01/22/09 22:07 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

I wanted a Quattro in the worst way but when this vehicle came to market, only 16K miles and loads of options I could not say no! Tons of interior space, truly well finished inside and out. Performance is good. The engine sounds great and I love the tranny. Unbelievably smooth and the sport mode is fun! The gas mileage is awesome. I just finished a 800 mile round trip and averaged 31.3 MPG. I set the cruise at 85 MPH and got this result. I don't get it.. at 75 the result is lower, go figure! The MMI is easily learned and the sound system, Bose, is fantastic!

Love to Drive My Audi!
By Fearlessinfuquay on 11/05/08 15:41 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a blast to drive! Hugs the road like a coaster on rails. Quick, responsive, and an extremely smooth ride. MMI system is easy and reliable. The controls are driver friendly too. The luxury comforts are a dream. Driver's seat hugs like a cockpit, and back seat is very roomy and very comfortable. The trunk is huge! If you really love to drive, I mean really love to drive, then this Audi is for you. I test drove Mercedes, BMW, and Infiniti. I am so glad that I chose my Audi, and I will forever more be an Audi lover.

Wow!
By Michael B on 08/26/08 13:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I am very impressed with my Audi A6. We opted for the 4.2L V8 and have been very pleased with the performance. We looked at BMW and Mercedes, but there was no comparison with the luxury, technology, and of course the Quattro AWD. The car sticks to the road like glue in wet or dry conditions. The S- Line package makes the suspension so responsive that it is a pleasure to drive each time. The MMI is easy to use and the interior ergonomics fit like a glove. I'm sticking with Audi.

A Positive Viewpoint
By habu55 on 08/21/08 11:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased our wagon with the intent of making long trips (Seattle to Boston) in comfort. The car exceeded our expectations in all areas. 29.5 mpg at75mph all day long for a car this size is as good as it gets. Around town I get 22-23mpg. Car has plenty of power, corners well, ride is more involved than a Lexus. Since new I have had 1 rattle (fixed at the free 15k mile svc). No further problems. Tires still look as if they have another 20k mi on top of the 27k they have now. Anyone looking at a wagon or an SUV should consider an '06 Avant. Audi depreciation makes this a great buy for you; an incentive for me to keep mine for 10 years.

Electronics can be a hassle
By zzdaf38 on 03/23/08 20:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Car drives very well, fantastic road holding. Engine is strong but unrefined and loud. Electronics are a major hassle, battery often goes out and can't hold charge because the electronics drain it. Warning lights constantly on for some computer malfunction. You cant switch the varous sensors and warning off so be prepared to make the dealer your second home. Always an issue with something electronic. Car barely drives a day without some kind of electronic kink.

Fun to Drive and Safe
By Sean on 03/22/08 07:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

The quattro feature makes me feel as if I am riding on tracks. I have been in a number of snow and ice storms this winter in New England and never even slipped. Amazing. It's fun to drive, and every component, every feature fits perfectly with each other - there is nothing wrong with this car. Service has lived up to expectations, Audi has gone out of its way to ensure a good experience.

2006 Audi A6 Wagon
By Frank_R on 09/01/07 21:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I drive 120 miles daily to Santa Cruz CA, up over the mountains (dreadful highway 17). For this the car is great! When it rains the road becomes treacherous and the car holds the road and stops better than everyone else. A real plus! The car is comfortable, quiet and makes the commute quite bearable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.