Used 2006 Audi A6 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Audi A6 Wagon

3.2 Avant quattro 3.1L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )

A Positive Viewpoint
By habu55

2006 Audi A6 Wagon 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased our wagon with the intent of making long trips (Seattle to Boston) in comfort. The car exceeded our expectations in all areas. 29.5 mpg at75mph all day long for a car this size is as good as it gets. Around town I get 22-23mpg. Car has plenty of power, corners well, ride is more involved than a Lexus. Since new I have had 1 rattle (fixed at the free 15k mile svc). No further problems. Tires still look as if they have another 20k mi on top of the 27k they have now. Anyone looking at a wagon or an SUV should consider an '06 Avant. Audi depreciation makes this a great buy for you; an incentive for me to keep mine for 10 years.

Favorite Features

MMI interface and the Nav system which has never let me down. Long haul seat comfort, exceptional gas mileage for this size car.

Suggested Improvements

None; for a wagon it does everything well.

Electronics can be a hassle
By zzdaf38

2006 Audi A6 Wagon 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Car drives very well, fantastic road holding. Engine is strong but unrefined and loud. Electronics are a major hassle, battery often goes out and can't hold charge because the electronics drain it. Warning lights constantly on for some computer malfunction. You cant switch the varous sensors and warning off so be prepared to make the dealer your second home. Always an issue with something electronic. Car barely drives a day without some kind of electronic kink.

Favorite Features

Adaptive suspension

Suggested Improvements

Ability to switch various senors and warnings off.Annoyning lawyer screens. At least you can use stuff while driving not like Lexus.

2006 Audi A6 Wagon
By Frank_R

2006 Audi A6 Wagon 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I drive 120 miles daily to Santa Cruz CA, up over the mountains (dreadful highway 17). For this the car is great! When it rains the road becomes treacherous and the car holds the road and stops better than everyone else. A real plus! The car is comfortable, quiet and makes the commute quite bearable.

Favorite Features

Surprisingly good gas mileage and really performs quite well (for a wagon). Holds the road really well.

Suggested Improvements

I have experienced a few rattles; it would be nice if these went away. Otherwise very few complaints; I would like an iPod connection - I use an FM gizmo that works, but a direct connect would be nice.

Bad Decision to Buy
By DaveS

2006 Audi A6 Wagon 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I love to drive my Avant. The ride is supreme and handles great on dry or wet roads; winter driving is very disappointing. The vehicle was shipped and delivered with obvious flaws in the trim and rear window glass. Several MMI modules had to be replaced, also a rear light module, and the adaptive shocks squeak and moan so badly it ruins the fun of driving the car; one strut has already been replaced and another is in need. The navigation is unreliable and does not recoginze obvious short cuts. Greatly lacks in quality and reliability.

Favorite Features

Adaptive cruise control, Bose surround sound, acceleration, cavernous cargo space

Suggested Improvements

Better, more reliable, accurate information in the owner's manual. Auto-tilt down passenger mirror combined with rear parking assist have many blind spots that I had to learn the hard way. Squeakless air-struts. Better placed warning lights. Warning light for suspension in dynamic mode.

Style
By Nad.Ffog

2006 Audi A6 Wagon 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Audi A6 Avant (wagon). I love the outdoors, and this car is a perfect compliment. This past winter, I've skiied in the Sierra Nevada Mtns almost every weekend. Huge snows. Even with the stock M&S tires, this car performs magically. The A6 Quattro definitely inspires confidence.

Favorite Features

Navigation and the bluetooth link for my mobile phone. The car is so quiet you can actually lead conference calls from the car. I also have the lift package. When the snow gets deep, having the extra .5 inch makes a difference.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to have a CD in the dash.