Used 2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Audi A6

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Hurts to sell this one...
By A6 Guy

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Just traded in my 2006 A6 Quattro sedan 3.2 S-line with 117,500 miles for a 2016 Prestige A6 3.0 and while the new model is fantastic, I hate stepping away from my 2006. This was my first Audi and the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. Bought as CPO with 30k. The 2006 was quick and handled like on rails. Quattro system is awesome in WI winters (especially equipped with Blizzak snow tires). I had a few warranty issues before 50k (covered by Audi) and little to none since. I maintained my car well and it treated me right. Local independent shop handled all needed work. I'm am only selling for fear of costly repairs down the road which if I could predict to be reasonable, I'd keep it. Lastly, the Bose surround system is the best factory car audio I have ever heard. The misano red turns heads and many folks still think the 06 is a newer car. If you don't get hit with reliability costs, the 2006 is a GREAT value.

Cheap to buy, Expensive to maintain
By chewetson825

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I only had my A6 for 3 months. On the way home from the dealership (It was 5 hours away), the transmission went out. Only an Audi dealer can replace it, so it was a little over $5,000. Then the passenger seat switch broke. It was going to cost $300 to fix, but decided to leave it alone. Then a coolant pipe broke and costed $85 for the pipe plus $25 for the coolant you HAVE to use on Audis. Two days later I got a warning light and took it to the dealership. They adjusted some sensors but warned that a $11,000 repair was about a year away and recommended I traded it in, so I did. I only had the car for 4,000 miles. I am the worlds biggest Audi fan, but if you have to have one, buy one new.

MMI, Quattro, styling, interior

Reliability. I thought a german-engineered car would be better. It has to be hooked up to Audi's special computer to do anything at all. Cheapest labor rate I could find at a dealership was $98 an hour. Parts have to be ordered from Germany which take awhile.

The perfect all-weather luxo tourer
By mystro

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

In Europe owning an Audi is a sign of success and knowledge..they lead the German pack. The German made cars such as this beautiful A6 Quattro as simply the best built cars in the world in this class. The secret to finding that pefect used Audi IMO is to buy it thru the same Audi dealer who originally sold it and it has full service history...all the petigree updates. The A6 is a computer with wheels so keeping it uptodate is critical but even a cheapo newer cars requires this maintience..yes you want to but high quality oil and filters simply because it's a awd marvel.

The C6 is the choice..the C5 was it's test-bed. The 2013 actually has very close DNA to the 06 full optioned A6. I've found Audi doesn't make major changes over the years they concentrate on refinement.

Extra set of wheels for snow zone owners with the new high-performance winter tires and you'll turn into a super-lux snow cat.

Not worth it
By barba311

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Although it's a beutiful, luxurious car, there are a lot of trouble spots. First, the oil change costs over $100 every time because it requires 7 quarts of synthetic plus oil. Next, the fuel economy is terrible. Gets no more than 15 on the city. Possibly 20 on the highway. Next, I had water pumps break under the car which resulted in flooding of the floor and a horrible mildew smell. This happened 3 times. Beautiful appearence, but too many cons to reccomend. Instead, I reccomend the Lexus GS or Infiniti M

Great Styling but defective brakes
By Gary

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Nice car for the money. Beautiful interior and solid performance. Canyon red color is eye catching and unusual. Brakes are annoying and 3 dealers could not fix the grab and squeal. Mileage with OEM tires was excellent. I replaced them at 30,000 miles with Bridgestone all season but poor roll resistance yields full 15% poorer mileage. Stick with OEM Continental tires.

Styling very nice. Nav system excellent and you can program while driving.

Brakes have design defect. They grab; it is impossible to gently depress them to a pleasant stop in city driving. Also squeal sometimes. Gas pedal is hair-trigger too.