2006 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Cheap to buy, Expensive to maintain
By chewetson825 on 06/20/13 15:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I only had my A6 for 3 months. On the way home from the dealership (It was 5 hours away), the transmission went out. Only an Audi dealer can replace it, so it was a little over $5,000. Then the passenger seat switch broke. It was going to cost $300 to fix, but decided to leave it alone. Then a coolant pipe broke and costed $85 for the pipe plus $25 for the coolant you HAVE to use on Audis. Two days later I got a warning light and took it to the dealership. They adjusted some sensors but warned that a $11,000 repair was about a year away and recommended I traded it in, so I did. I only had the car for 4,000 miles. I am the worlds biggest Audi fan, but if you have to have one, buy one new.

The perfect all-weather luxo tourer
By mystro on 12/16/12 06:44 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

In Europe owning an Audi is a sign of success and knowledge..they lead the German pack. The German made cars such as this beautiful A6 Quattro as simply the best built cars in the world in this class. The secret to finding that pefect used Audi IMO is to buy it thru the same Audi dealer who originally sold it and it has full service history...all the petigree updates. The A6 is a computer with wheels so keeping it uptodate is critical but even a cheapo newer cars requires this maintience..yes you want to but high quality oil and filters simply because it's a awd marvel.

Not worth it
By barba311 on 08/09/11 18:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Although it's a beutiful, luxurious car, there are a lot of trouble spots. First, the oil change costs over $100 every time because it requires 7 quarts of synthetic plus oil. Next, the fuel economy is terrible. Gets no more than 15 on the city. Possibly 20 on the highway. Next, I had water pumps break under the car which resulted in flooding of the floor and a horrible mildew smell. This happened 3 times. Beautiful appearence, but too many cons to reccomend. Instead, I reccomend the Lexus GS or Infiniti M

Great Styling but defective brakes
By Gary on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Nice car for the money. Beautiful interior and solid performance. Canyon red color is eye catching and unusual. Brakes are annoying and 3 dealers could not fix the grab and squeal. Mileage with OEM tires was excellent. I replaced them at 30,000 miles with Bridgestone all season but poor roll resistance yields full 15% poorer mileage. Stick with OEM Continental tires.

Great
By AG on 08/16/10 11:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Great, great ride. Fun to drive. Looks amazing and drives very well. Be wary of jealous neighbors.

Great but...
By steve on 05/27/10 19:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Well I've had this for 6 months. It now has 75k. I get 33 at 74 mph cruise for a comfortable 75mile ride to work. In winter the 1st upshifts are extra long;weird. So I simply use manual shift for the first cycle. Small annoying rattle on cup holder cover that comes and goes. Other than that, it's a dream. Did my own 65k service using shop manual. Not bad at all and saved about 1k. Sport mode is fun. The Interior is so so nice. My commute time has now become me time in a mobile man cave. MMI is great.

Truly a WOW car!
By Darren on 05/27/10 11:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This car has surpassed my expectations. I am very pleased with its performance and sleek look. It has many great features that require study of the manual. But once you are comfortable with them, they are awesome. If you want fun-to-drive, coupled with comfort and eye catching appeal, get yourself an Audi.

Great car with hefty maintenance price
By nathanapt357 on 12/29/09 10:28 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I have the S-Line package. This car is a lot of fun to drive and handles better than most cars I've owned; the quattro AWD system certainly inspires confidence. For its weight, the car is a little underpowered with the V6 engine. Seats are a little firm and I can't seem to adjust the driver's seat just right. Long trips are still pretty easy. Rear seat has a lot of leg room. The female end of the center seat belt is recessed and hard to reach for practical use; definitely cannot use a car seat or booster seat in the center. Other than that, car is very well built, gets a lot of looks from people, and is not all that common (making it even better!).

Love to Drive My Audi!
By Fearlessinfuquay on 11/05/08 15:41 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a blast to drive! Hugs the road like a coaster on rails. Quick, responsive, and an extremely smooth ride. MMI system is easy and reliable. The controls are driver friendly too. The luxury comforts are a dream. Driver's seat hugs like a cockpit, and back seat is very roomy and very comfortable. The trunk is huge! If you really love to drive, I mean really love to drive, then this Audi is for you. I test drove Mercedes, BMW, and Infiniti. I am so glad that I chose my Audi, and I will forever more be an Audi lover.

Fun to Drive and Safe
By Sean on 03/22/08 07:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

The quattro feature makes me feel as if I am riding on tracks. I have been in a number of snow and ice storms this winter in New England and never even slipped. Amazing. It's fun to drive, and every component, every feature fits perfectly with each other - there is nothing wrong with this car. Service has lived up to expectations, Audi has gone out of its way to ensure a good experience.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.