2006 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
7 years and still like new
By ozzie1999 on 08/31/13 14:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned a lot of cars. Many of which I cycled through as I got bored of them, or they just started to under perform and cause issues. I purchased this A6 with 5K on the clock and it currently has 65K. I do pamper it, but it returns its pampering with flawless performance with an engine roar that sounds better than the day I got it. Oh yeah and 7 years and there is not one bit of rust.

What a Porsche 911 Aspired to be, not too long ago...
By cincinnatikid on 03/04/13 20:00 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I'm amazed at how it sticks to rails as I corner. The heated steering wheel, racing seats, electric sun shades are all nice, but it is the performance in an understated sedan that impresses me most. When I look at how this model is rated by everything from The Robb Report to Road & Track against competitors many times its price, I'm grateful to have found this hidden gem. Yes it needs 9 quarts of oil but it's built like a rock. Only problems have been buttons wearing out and headlights leaking, easy fixes. Rear air bag needs work too.

Terrific CPO purchase
By mperfct on 03/02/10 06:51 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I had finally outgrown my e36 m3 and decided to get a more austere sedan. I shopped Infiniti, BMW and Audi. I picked up a CPO 2006 A6 and couldn't be happier with it. The car drives wonderfully, although the V8 is a little thirsty if you keep your foot in it. I expected that though. The car is built very solid, and offers 90% of the 5er performance, but with a bit more comfortable ride. I have non-sport suspension btw, and look to change that at some point, mainly to minimize the 3" wheel gap (Toyota?). Otherwise, the car is gorgeous, and I look forward to keeping it for quite awhile. I think an A6 is a terrific CPO purchase, the extended warranty could come in handy (hopefully not).

Definitely German Pedigree
By Clay A on 09/09/09 11:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car was 23 months and had 15,000 miles when I bought it in 10/08. The car is a dream. It rides better and is more comfortable than any car I've ever had. It can float down the highway or play on mountain curves, whatever suits you. Even with the 8 cylinders, I get 28 mpg on the highway. In town is rough at 15, but I expected that. I like the fact that it has all the features of its better know competitors, but you don't see as many of these on the road. If you see one for a good price, grab it before it runs away. The secret is getting out, Audi rocks.

Wow!
By Michael B on 08/26/08 13:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I am very impressed with my Audi A6. We opted for the 4.2L V8 and have been very pleased with the performance. We looked at BMW and Mercedes, but there was no comparison with the luxury, technology, and of course the Quattro AWD. The car sticks to the road like glue in wet or dry conditions. The S- Line package makes the suspension so responsive that it is a pleasure to drive each time. The MMI is easy to use and the interior ergonomics fit like a glove. I'm sticking with Audi.

06 A6 4.2
By computire on 10/28/06 07:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The car is tight, responsive and handles well. However, the engine is a little loud. The drawback to this vehicle is the brakes which are much too touchy. Difficult to glide to a smooth stop. The controls (radio,t emp, phone, navigation) are very handy and easy to use.

Awesome Red S-Line
By Chad and Julia on 10/07/06 21:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is the greatest driving car we have ever owned. We love the look! We bought the RED S-Line V-8 and it goes and stops like hell. Although we only have 1500 miles on it we haven't had any problems. The interior and exterior are beautifully assembled and the quality of the materials is top notch. The MMI system is easy to use but sometimes distracting.

1st Audi after 4 BMWs
By steve on 07/18/06 12:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

WOW is all I can say. And I'm sorry that I was a BMW "snob" for too many years. I bought the Audi primarily because I was looking for AWD in the winter. Having only had the car now for one month in the summer, I'm truly sorry that I didn't consider an Audi prior to this. This car is the ultimate driving machine!!!

Excellence in Elegance
By ChiBlue on 04/21/06 15:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The A6 is the best car I've ever owned... not necessarily the best I've ever driven. But then, a DeTamasso Pantera is not exactly your every day car. Nevertheless, the A6 delivers superior performance, comfort and safety. And, it's a great looking car, while not the most pricey of the luxury sedans. The electronics display does require some investment of time to fully understand. Also, I had some minor seat problems the dealer rectified only after 3 trips. However, the dealer service was courteous and, overall, the A6 is a great car. I'm a proud owner.

Nice step up from A4
By rmcrowe on 04/10/06 22:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Having owned the A4 previously, I prefered the sportiness of a smaller car. But the need for more room was overpowering. This is a good trade-off. It is not as nimble as the A4, but it is responsive and for a car this size gets around quite well.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.