2005 Audi A6 Consumer Review: A real gem; a GREAT used barga

2005 Audi A6 - Consumer Review

2005 Audi A6

4.2 quattro Sedan (4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

A real gem; a GREAT used bargain!
By headude on

2005 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My 4th Audi and 1st bot with less than 100K on speedo. Bot used on eBay in 08 with 28K; two problems under warranty. Problem free ever since—now 65K on odo. Amazing engineering, ergonomics, design, performance & great fuel mileage for a V8, hiway—28mpg @ 70mph. Has Bose, performance pkg, with 18s. 0-60 mph in 6 sec., great handling for a luxury car. I would HIGHLY recommend this car, especially with the 4.2L V8. Just bought an '01 A6 Avant yesterday for my fiancé; a rare, low-mileage car that looks brand new. Will keep both for years. Of the 5 Audis I have owned only 1 has given me problems, and frankly, I bot it with over 100K on it and expected many of the issues. Will own Audis forever!

Tiptronic transmission is awesome, enabling you to rev to redline—Sport mode has perfect shift points, resulting in enthusiastic motoring. Dash layout (ergonomics) is best in industry. Sound system is very good, but not great. Styling is classic, including wheel design (sport pkg has different 7 spoke, 18" wheels). Heated seats and steering wheel and mirrors is great in cold and snow. Quattro (all-wheel drive) is the best and perfect for snow and inclement weather. Although I am not typically a "red" person, my Canyon Red Pearl paint is unusual Audi color—I get lots of compliments on it. I love the phone integration in this car—totally transparent, with steering wheel activation. HUGE trunk.

Almost none — wait — could use a 2nd functional cup holder in front where you don't have to lose the use of the center armrest. I have the low-profile tires and bot the car used with 28K on it; the tires had about 1/2 to 2/3 tread left. I have put 35K on these tires and I will still get about 3-4,000 miles out of them before I have to get new ones. I admit to 95% highway mileage but still, I do drive very hard in corners at times (love the twisties!), so can't complain about my tread life at all. Accidentally had one of my remote keys go through the washing machine and now neither of them work. Dealer fix would be about $600. Ouch! Fabulous car for the money ($60K when new) if well cared 4.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review