Used 2005 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Awesome First Car
By jvcbone919

2005 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

My father and I went a purchases this car at an auction. The car has been very great to me, we bought it in August 2014 with 130k miles. I've been in a car accident with it in which I rearended a much larger vehicle at 45 MPH. Luckily I was super safe and I just had to replace the front bumper. The car has about 145k miles on it currently and it just seems to be falling apart. Plastic pieces in the exterior, the window regulator not working correctly and some oil leaking. It has been a very nice car and I am looking for a newer mode with less miles because I feel so safe in it. Also last note the quattro all wheel drive is amazing, you never feel like you don't have traction

Leather seats, sunroof, lots of standard features, Quattro All Wheel Dive

Better plastic seals on engine because of oil leaks

A real gem; a GREAT used bargain!
By headude

2005 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My 4th Audi and 1st bot with less than 100K on speedo. Bot used on eBay in 08 with 28K; two problems under warranty. Problem free ever since—now 65K on odo. Amazing engineering, ergonomics, design, performance & great fuel mileage for a V8, hiway—28mpg @ 70mph. Has Bose, performance pkg, with 18s. 0-60 mph in 6 sec., great handling for a luxury car. I would HIGHLY recommend this car, especially with the 4.2L V8. Just bought an '01 A6 Avant yesterday for my fiancé; a rare, low-mileage car that looks brand new. Will keep both for years. Of the 5 Audis I have owned only 1 has given me problems, and frankly, I bot it with over 100K on it and expected many of the issues. Will own Audis forever!

Tiptronic transmission is awesome, enabling you to rev to redline—Sport mode has perfect shift points, resulting in enthusiastic motoring. Dash layout (ergonomics) is best in industry. Sound system is very good, but not great. Styling is classic, including wheel design (sport pkg has different 7 spoke, 18" wheels). Heated seats and steering wheel and mirrors is great in cold and snow. Quattro (all-wheel drive) is the best and perfect for snow and inclement weather. Although I am not typically a "red" person, my Canyon Red Pearl paint is unusual Audi color—I get lots of compliments on it. I love the phone integration in this car—totally transparent, with steering wheel activation. HUGE trunk.

Almost none — wait — could use a 2nd functional cup holder in front where you don't have to lose the use of the center armrest. I have the low-profile tires and bot the car used with 28K on it; the tires had about 1/2 to 2/3 tread left. I have put 35K on these tires and I will still get about 3-4,000 miles out of them before I have to get new ones. I admit to 95% highway mileage but still, I do drive very hard in corners at times (love the twisties!), so can't complain about my tread life at all. Accidentally had one of my remote keys go through the washing machine and now neither of them work. Dealer fix would be about $600. Ouch! Fabulous car for the money ($60K when new) if well cared 4.

2005 Audi A6 C6 3.2Q Sport Package
By jyurick

2005 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased used 2010 with 47,000 miles and now has about 67,000 a year later. Beautiful car both inside and out, and you find that new models (2010+) have copied the styling cues (Jaguar XF, Chevy Malibu, Hyundai Sonata and must recently the Volvo S60). That says much for the overall exterior design and impact. The interior is fantastic, as well as the engine/drivetrain. I would buy another used, especially if Certified Pre-Owned, but the new prices are rediculous.

The exterior styling and interior is absolutely beautiful and tastefully done. There seems to be no extraneous styling or chrome.. Everything has its place and nothing detracts from its beauty. The interior is trimmed with high quality leather, wood and plastic , that after 6 years of normal use, many can not tell that the care is this old.

As for problems, here they are--understading that this was a used car--had to replace both tail lights due to failure of the LEDs (not bulbs); replacement of the heater control valve; replacement of both HID Xenon headlight bulbs; mysterious situation where it went into SAFE mode and had to be towed to the dealer and reset. Additionally it always seems like a tire is out of balance, but that may be a problem of the Continental ContiPro tires. With the Multi-Media Interface (MMI) you will find that there are mysterious errors that will happen, but resolve themselves the next time the car is started.

As Safe As They Say
By rslikesaudi

2005 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2005 A6 in 2007, had it 2.5 years, then was rear-ended on a stopped off-ramp by another driver who was going over 60 miles per hour. A 4000 lb car was spun 180 degrees, slid across 2 lanes, down a hill, and over a concrete drain. The car was totaled but I walked away. All 4 doors on the car still worked although the rears were no longer aligned. The car only had minor problems up until it was killed. One LED that went out intermittently. Service, brakes, tires, were about as usual on a euro sedan. Definitely a high speed cruiser but can handle turns very well. Interior quality so much better than BMW. It's a great car. I'm buying another, probably an 07 or 08.

Interior quality, smooth acceleration, quiet at high speeds on the interstate, spacious but nimble. Looks great and people look at it all the time. Did I mention Safe!

Many were made in later models like making LEDs replaceable without replacing the entire light unit. More side bolstering on the front seats is needed due to the handling. Full audio integration (aux/usb) should be available and standard in a car like this. Everything else is great.

Love this Car
By tpurchal

2005 Audi A6 Sedan 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my A6 for 5.5 years and still enjoy it every time I get behind the wheel. Handles great and fun to drive. The overall quality of the car is very nice. My biggest complaint is the low profile tires. I have spent close to $5,000 on tires since I owned the car. They are good for about 25k miles and the pinch easily. I will admit Most of the issues were caused by me (first time owner of low profiles). I love the way the car handles but not sure my next car will include low profiles.

Handling - the car sticks to the road. Looks - very attractive.

The front bumper is easy to pull off if you park over a curb. That one cost me $1,100 to fix. I don't park next to anything if I can help it. My wife...she is a different story. I worry every time she takes the car.