2005 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
2005 Audi A6 C6 3.2Q Sport Package
By jyurick on 08/18/11 12:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A6 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased used 2010 with 47,000 miles and now has about 67,000 a year later. Beautiful car both inside and out, and you find that new models (2010+) have copied the styling cues (Jaguar XF, Chevy Malibu, Hyundai Sonata and must recently the Volvo S60). That says much for the overall exterior design and impact. The interior is fantastic, as well as the engine/drivetrain. I would buy another used, especially if Certified Pre-Owned, but the new prices are rediculous.

As Safe As They Say
By rslikesaudi on 12/20/10 19:50 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A6 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2005 A6 in 2007, had it 2.5 years, then was rear-ended on a stopped off-ramp by another driver who was going over 60 miles per hour. A 4000 lb car was spun 180 degrees, slid across 2 lanes, down a hill, and over a concrete drain. The car was totaled but I walked away. All 4 doors on the car still worked although the rears were no longer aligned. The car only had minor problems up until it was killed. One LED that went out intermittently. Service, brakes, tires, were about as usual on a euro sedan. Definitely a high speed cruiser but can handle turns very well. Interior quality so much better than BMW. It's a great car. I'm buying another, probably an 07 or 08.

Love this Car
By tpurchal on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A6 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my A6 for 5.5 years and still enjoy it every time I get behind the wheel. Handles great and fun to drive. The overall quality of the car is very nice. My biggest complaint is the low profile tires. I have spent close to $5,000 on tires since I owned the car. They are good for about 25k miles and the pinch easily. I will admit Most of the issues were caused by me (first time owner of low profiles). I love the way the car handles but not sure my next car will include low profiles.

Audi quality
By DANNY on 05/26/10 21:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A6 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

i just bought this car and it runs smoothly and is a gas saver. the only problem i have is that i cant turn off the dual climate control.

Excellent First Car
By xixDEMONxix on 05/22/10 06:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A6 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

After reading reviews about the A6 having a lot of electrical problems with the MMI system I was very hesitant to buy. However, this was not the case. The car handles unbelievably around corners and has great gas mileage.(I get around 250 mi-300 mi city and close to 400 on highway. Overall the car is stunning both inside and out and I would highly recommend this car. The only downside with this car is that repairs are expensive and most of the time the part must be directly ordered through Germany, so it may take longer than anticipated for your car to be fixed.

Late starting
By A Marafie on 09/14/09 09:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A6 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I have the same problem the first gentleman that wrote his report on the first page. The car starts but sometimes 1/10 starts it takes roughly 4 seconds. The dealer has changed the fuel pump cleaned the carburetors and still has that exact problem. They then told me that fuel pump was 25 percent efficient that's why it was replaced. They then took it again and check it online with Germany and said intake manifold. The part was replaced but the problem is still there.

Love to Drive
By Terry on 07/13/09 19:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A6 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my A6 for four years and 70k miles. Problems: 1. Trunk latch needed replacing at 10k. 2. Push button start would not work at 30k but only needed a software update. 3. Brake pads replaced twice and rotors once. 4. back up sensors stopped working at 53k just after warranty expired. 5. Something is rattling in the door at 75k and will have it checked out. I have low profile, performance tires and need to replace at each 25k. However, I have had to replace five tires due to damage. That's all the bad. The good is that the car is very attractive, solid and drives great. Lots of fun. Overall, I am very happy with the car would recommend it to anyone.

World-Class Luxury
By Stahlmann46 on 04/24/09 05:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A6 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my A6 with 23000 miles in Nov. 08. Have never regretted it. Previously owned a 1998 A6. Wow, what a difference in performance and ride. The MMI system took some getting used to but is no problem once you figure out the logic behind it. I have had only one problem so far -- the memory for the seat and mirror settings was not working. It was a software problem that was fixed by the dealer under warranty. The handling of the vehicle is superb. Acceleration is smooth and very responsive. Surprisingly, the fuel economy on the highway is also very good for vehicle this size. In my trip to work (21 miles with 90% highway and 10% local), I typically get between 27 and 28 mpg. Local is 19.

Very happy with a few exceptions
By Rizzo on 08/26/08 14:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A6 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car CPO (22k miles, nav, premium, convenience pkgs, parktronic, etc for $30.2). So far, it has been a joy to drive. I came from a 02 330i that I loved very much as I needed more room/AWD. For sure this is a very different car - less sport, more luxury as you would expect. Smooth ride, solid feeling and great looks/design. A bit disappointed in that there are some creaks and rattles (spoiled again by my 330i which was drum tight after 56k)

An absolute blast to drive!
By Fearlessinfuquay on 07/22/08 21:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A6 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Audi with reservations. My research revealed that customer service was awful (not true) - and that I would have endless problems, especially with oil leaks. I did have a rear cam leak, under warranty, and the dealer took care of it right away. It is a beautiful car, inside and out. It feels like you're in a cockpit. Took a bit to learn how to work the MMI system, but once I did, it all made sense. Controls are extremely driver friendly, and for low profile tires (traded 18" high performance for 17" all purpose tires - big difference), it is a surprisingly smooth ride. She handles and responds beautifully. This car is an absolute blast to drive. I couldn't be happier!