Nice, Costly Family Sportster
By Nice, Costly Car on
2004 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)
I bought this car from pampering owner. I had a '98 A8 10yrs ago that I prefer. The car looks awesome but I find myself nickel and diming my way through ownership of this Audi too. Both of my 5 series BMW's and my two Volvo's (S60 & S80) were much less expensive to own. I hit a small deer at 20 mph that cost 5K to repair- chalk 1 for the dealer. Can't seem to get the ride completely smooth and the dealership always finds something. The car is not as fast off the line as the engine sounds, but it is great on the highway. Big gas tank is great for trips and the highway mpg is great--especially compared to the dismal in-city driving with a heavy foot. Overall- not sure it's worth it.
Favorite Features
Highway speed is great. Huge gas tank delivers about 500mi on highway. Looks of 4.2 body. Folding back seat is great in sedan. Leather still looks and smells new. Even though it is expensive to repair, I figure I'll still save 20K off new in the end. :)
Suggested Improvements
The arm rest is held on by cheap plastic pieces-- both broke. Some of the plastic/paint is pealing from the inside door pulls. Light doors seem to get slammed shut by all kids. Expect to spend on maintenance if you don't buy new.