Used 2004 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Great blend of performance and style
By panj

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I entered a lease on the s-line going from a 1999 BMW 740i sport. Performance and handling are very close to the BMW with the added benefit of AWD. Moving to much more severe winters, hence AWD. The interior lived up to Audi's reputation for quality in colors, wood, etc. Dealers are offering lower than invoice with excellent lease rates given the new model coming. Recommend the leather upgrade with sport seats-- side bolstering needed for driving at the limit and the upgrade is a major improvement over the standard

AWD, quality interior, XM option, convienence of folding rear seats, performance upgrade of S-line coupled with proven, reliable chip upgrade if more performance desired. Full- service maintenance contract.

Bose upgrade good but not at the level of BMW DSP system. Auto headlights. All moot, given the impending upgrade

Left over 2004 quite a bargain!!
By ilovewestins

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just picked up a A6 Quattro 3.0 yesterday. Prem, cold pkgs., and 17" wheels and tires. $2500 incentive plus $1000 Audi Loyalty got me out the door at $35300. Edmunds you missed the incentives!!! Thank goodness they wanted to move the '04's

Build quality and interior look and feel

More power in base engine, but I knew what I was buying.

A6 3.0 CVT
By Bruce Huffa

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

At first it was a little strange getting used to the new type of transmission. I tike the tiptronic gear shift for driving up the mountain roads. the handling of curves is fun and safe. I now find that the pickup of the car is much better than the 2.7T. It has averaged about 23 mpg since I got the car with over 26,000 mile on it.

the interior is very spacious and has alot more space than the BMW5 series. I got this car for the space and luxury finish of the passenger area.

Should have had a full screen navigation system not the micky mouse navigation in the center of the display.

Audi A6
By vasovagal

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Sumptious interior, understated elegance, quiet cabin, powerful engine and solid smooth ride are the charastics of my A6. Build quality teutonic, I have no complaints. Dealer service is terrific the few times needed.

Quiet ride.

More horsepower.

over priced
By woops

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My 2001 has had no major but many, many problems. Broken sunvisor, 3 blowers, many caliper problems. It is comparable in quality to my 92 Taurus but for twice as much. Without a warranty it is not a keeper. Simply it is a good looking problem machine.

Looks and handling

Better dealers and better build quality. Fix the brake problems.