Used 2004 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Audi A6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Most fun car I have ever owned
By Satisfied Audi Owner

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is the 29th registered in my name. Love the style, motor, and creature comforts. Great acceleration, comfortable on my frequest long drives. Seems to have a great build quality. Bought it certified, definitely the way to go. Black on black with S-line, cold weather, and all the creature comforts. I get stopped all the time by people commenting on it. Not bad considering the new body style in 05

Favorite Features

Engine! Seats, audio, 1 touch power windows, style, trunk space, xenons

Suggested Improvements

Window roll down feature from remote, stick shift, RNS-E (touch screen navi) A way to chip the car and not void the warranty!

The best of the best
By B Double

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is honestly the best car I have ever owned. I bought it with 45000 as a CPO and haven't looked back. No issues at all so far and I just keep loving it more and more as the days go on. You will not find a better all wheel drive system out there. This past winter was a breeze driving around, it literally feels like your on rails.

Favorite Features

Smooth twin turbo V6, bose sound system, quattro system, interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders - but who buys a car for the cup holders anyways.

A ver different German Experience
By Auto Expert

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

After owning an E55 AMG this Audi seems a bit slow by comparison. The ride quality is exceptional however the overall handling is not up to par with other "sports sedans". I am impressed with most of what this car has to offer. I am not a big fan of the "quattro" system however, living in No. California there really is no need for "AWD". I wish that Audi would offer their cars with "rear wheel drive" and quattro. This is a fine car for anyone seeking a high line luxury used car. I would recommend the Audi extended warranty with any used German car you consider purchasing. There is just too much that can go wrong with these highly technical vehicles.

Favorite Features

Interior design and materials. Bose sound system, sporty exterior design w/the S-Line package trim.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it got better gas mileage (averaging 19-21 overall) and would have preferred rear wheel drive to AWD.

Love this car
By G

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Interior build is A. Feels like true luxury car. Great handling/cornering. Family feels safe in this car.

Favorite Features

Satellite radio. Heated seats. Interior style & quality.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy. I would like a diesel even better. Still some minor electronic problems (defogger, AC) but minor compared to pleasure of driving this car.

Poor Man's RS6.
By the car expert...

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I have been a fan of the RS6 model since it came out. Then Audi decided to make a "S-Line" A6 twin turbo V6. This is a terrific car to own (provided you protect your investment and buy the extended warranty!) I found that owning this beautiful sedan is really a pleasure. While I don't need the "quattro" feature here in Northern CA. Other than that, I really enjoy the engine's performance, the elegant euro design inside and out and the ride quality and quiet driving experience. All in all I highly recommend owning this fine sedan if "European Sporty Luxury" is something you are looking for.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride; elegant interior detailing;sporty exterior w/18" wheels; solid road feel; looks expensive and quite modern compared to most luxury cars. Audi has the edge in design over BMW and Mercedes...and lets not even mention the gap Audi has over Lexus, Infinity and Acura!

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is a bit lower than what I expected from a 2.7 liter due to the unnecessary quattro driveline; reliability may become an issue at some point;