2004 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
A6 S-type...Hot
By Rob Rockwell on 07/12/05 11:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Extra horsepower is noticable. Rides on rails. Excellent in all road conditions. One of the best temp control systems in the automotive world. Hot/cold very quickly. Makes you grin when you push it.

Rocket Ship
By kennorlander on 04/01/05 16:31 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I owned a A4 with the 1.8T and quattro, and it was absolutely gutless. I liked Audi's build quality though, and decided to get another, just with more power, and I am throughly impressed! It accelerates so effortlessly, and is almost as fast as my father's 2005 Mercedes SL500! I would highly recommend this car.

Great Car
By Alan on 03/28/05 12:40 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Powerful engine and great handling in straight line and around corners. With Dunlop winter sport tires, great traction in snow and handles better than my previous AWD Grand Cherokee,Subaru and 4Runner. Interior is high quality and very comfortable.

Best Kept Secret in Luxury Autos
By Anthony Hunt on 12/31/04 19:48 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Audi A6 3.0 is designed for speed and comfort. The car handles quite well on curves and seems to hug to road. Its color combinations are great --- I have the bluish grey exterior with the black leather interior. I love the bose radio/CD. The sound is lush and can be cranked up without a loss of clarity. The instrument panel looks great. With everything within reach. The gas pedal and the brake are a little too close together and causes a promblem with this size 11 foot. That is the only negative I have about the car. Wheels are alloy and look great when shined up. I also have the tiptronic transmission which gives you extra acceleration. This car definitely compares favorably with BMW.

My 1st Audi A6
By Santo on 11/04/04 23:15 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I am extremely pleased with my new A6 2.7T S Line. The car has great acceleration & you can feel the turbo kick in at 3,000 RPMS. So far I found the car very comfortable and with no problems. Like most others in these reviews I too find the cupholder to be too small. I understand Audi improved this in the new 2005 model. Handling on this car is amazing. I find the seating to be comfortable and my children really enjoy the heated seats in the back. I really like the 6 disc in-dash cd player. One last thing...the trunk is huge & with fold- down seats it has all the utility room I need. I can't wait till the snow comes down to try the AWD.

4TH Audi
By EDDOC on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Great handling and performance. Well put together. No problems so far. Last Audi 2001 A6 2.7 had routine service and no problems over 45K miles.

Audi comfort and safety
By kalhank on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

We first experienced the Quattro as a company car in Toronto, ON. We noticed that we could safely drive our Audi in the winter when BMW and Mercedes owners were not able to make it up hills in a city where snow removal is done after most of the storm has passed. We love the cockpit and the comfortable seats for highway driving. The A6 is a great balance between road feel and smooth ride. The Audi is a must drive if you are shopping in this price range.

Beats BMW/Volvo
By Dutchgirl on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Only 2wks but love this car! Drove BMW 525 (same price range) and was NOT impressed. Would have to spend more $$$ for a 545 to match the HP and perf. of of the 2.7S. Heavenly cabin w/quality materials, tight build and responsive handling.

Not For the "Me Too" Crowd
By Audi Guy on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

My Audi A6 S Line 2.7t Quattro is a stand-out car in all respects. It's interior and exterior both scream uniqueness, sport-luxury and quality. This is my second Audi A6 and the 04 is better than my 01. I've got all the get-up-and-go I could ever need for over-taking and freeway merging and the Quattro 4 wheel drive provides that extra road handeling competence that you just have to personally experience to fully appreciate. I mean slot-car like road holding around corners. When you punch the gas, the torque just keeps pulling and pulling and before you know it, you're just going too damn fast!

Fun, sexy, fast, and still practical!
By rjm98119 on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I've really enjoyed this car so far. It drives great, it's very quick and sporty when you want it, yet can be very civil for daily commuting. When you add AWD to the mix, I don't think there's a comparison at this level. Not to mention it's beautiful and has an understated sexiness BMW and MB don't have. The only quibbles are a few squeaks/rattles that had to be ironed out, the seats are a little too firm, and the sound system isn't the best in class. Those things aside, I love this thing. I've test driven everything from a Corvette to a BMW M3, and things in between... this thing has the best of all worlds. Best car purchase in 10 years.