2004 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Rolling artwork
By the car expert on 04/10/08 09:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned over 40 vehicles, mostly new German cars. This Audi 2.7T S- Line luxury sedan is just that, luxury. While most think of it as a sport sedan, the fact is its handling, braking power, and ride quality is much more "luxury" than sport. That's ok however, because Audi delivers on that. I am highly impressed with how quiet the interior is while driving at freeway speed. Also, the ride quality is exceptional. If you are looking for a sports sedan, purchase a BMW. If you are looking for comfort and rolling artwork down the road, this car is the one!

Mike's 2004 A6 2.7T Quattro
By doctorboy on 10/11/07 10:16 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Subtle yet elegant. That's what I would say about this car. Nothing is overdone or classless. Audi has an incredible job of making this car appealing to those seeking both practical and luxurious features in a car. Flight controls are easy to get to, flat-dash experience doesn't alienate the passengers, incredible handling, very quiet and stable feel, and details in the rear of the car like wood trim, ashtray and cup-holders.

Audi A6 2.7T S-Line
By daller on 08/27/07 22:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I was looking for an all-wheel drive car and after taking the A6 for a test drive I liked it much better than the G35X Infiniti, the ride and interior were way better. The S-Line has the Bose, XM radio, heated front and rear seat, and handles great, and has great passing power. Gas mileage has been in about 25 mpg on highway.

Fantastic Performance Luxury Sedan
By Noojin Walker on 06/21/07 19:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have been a past BMW 5 Series driver, but this Audi A6, blows the BMW out of the water in terms of sheer performance and reliability!! No question about it! The Audi A6 acceleration is exceptionally quick, quicker than the BMW. The interior is more upscale and the appointments are more lavish and luxurious. I love the fact that there is both a CD player and a cassette player. I still have motivational tapes. There are plenty of extras: side pockets and compartments and five solid cup holders! Quality workmanship and great body and interior integrity.

Elegance in Motion
By McCanski on 12/04/06 20:20 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I've owned this car for almost 3 years now. I'm extremely impressed. Have driven friends' and relatives' BMWs. This car is better. The AWD is awesome, even when it's dry. What's even more impressive are the twin turbos. I live at high altitude. They are a must up here. Passes 99% of everything on the highway and still gets 28 mpg. Reliability has been great. Can't beat the looks either.

Seductive
By robert c on 11/22/06 07:46 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I sit behind the wheel and I feel empowered. Heated leather seats with memory. Red illumination for the dashboard. Soft on the eyes! I do not regret this purchase. This is my third used Audi purchase in a row. The interior is my kind of fine appointment. The leather seats hold up just fine. I like the roomy trunk space. I always take my car for regular scheduled maintenance, therefore I have never had a suprise disruption. I like the peppy engine response when traveling down the interstate. I have always appreciated the sexy curves and distinct appearance of an Audi. How can you not feel regal sporting around town in a fine German sedan?

Audi A6 4.2 AWD - Too much power
By Kevin on 11/20/06 08:23 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I love the car!! I have had it for 2 years and it is awesome. I sometime wonder if it has too much power. I hit triple digits plenty of times, but the reality is I just don't have anywhere to really run it to its potential.

2004 A6 S-Line
By Bill on 08/08/05 18:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Plush interior and sleek exterior make for the ideal sedan. I considered the Infinity G-35 and various BMW's, but chose the A6 without any difficulty. I am most impressed with the "fit and finish" of the Audi- the doors are solid, the trim is rich and well put together, but my above all, the design is unmatched.

A6 S-type...Hot
By Rob Rockwell on 07/12/05 11:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Extra horsepower is noticable. Rides on rails. Excellent in all road conditions. One of the best temp control systems in the automotive world. Hot/cold very quickly. Makes you grin when you push it.

Rocket Ship
By kennorlander on 04/01/05 16:31 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I owned a A4 with the 1.8T and quattro, and it was absolutely gutless. I liked Audi's build quality though, and decided to get another, just with more power, and I am throughly impressed! It accelerates so effortlessly, and is almost as fast as my father's 2005 Mercedes SL500! I would highly recommend this car.