Used 2004 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Worth It
By audi happy

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car for my wife and we both love it. The ride is great, and the cabin is first class. When I walk by it I can't help but stare at it. Had one problem bad brake light switch caused alarms, but $100 fix. Now I'm looking for the A6 4.2 V8 for me. Mercedes are so bland and BMW's are ugly. If you want a great car that makes you happy every time you drive it, buy Audi.

Everything

Wish it was the V8

Extra Performance is Easy!
By LuckyAZ

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a great car for any family. The added bonus (for dad or mom) is the easy modification. I have added a GIAC perfromance chip, cold air intake and better turbo valves. This car easily outruns a Mustang GT in the straight line and on the track. It is fun to pass so-called "sports cars" with my son's car-seat in the back.

The dual turbo easily accepts upgrades. The performance chip added over 60 hp and 70 lbs/ft tq. for only $500. Cold air iontake added over over 10 hp.

Gas mileage is low, and the rear seats should fold down. Luxury is defined by options. A large trunk should give way to folding seats.

Exceptional Automobile
By Mars

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Have owned Volvos, Benz, Bimmers, you name it; our 2004 S-line A6 has been the best handling, most reliable auto ever. Chicago winters, no problem. Many x-country trips in every season. The car has never once let us down. Minor electronic nuisance with turn signal relay, but that's it. Developed outside water leak in front passenger floor area which we still haven't tracked down, but what the hey...shopping for a nice all road with the same mechanicals as we need more room to carry stuff with a new business. Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market.

Looks, performance, handling

Cup holders, some minor plastic parts could be metal (arm rest hinge assembly)...brake light, turn signal relays need better quality

So far, so good!
By BamaBill

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Love the look and, so far, love the car. Purchased used with 8 months remaining on warranty which provided a little peace of mind. Nearest dealer is 70 miles away but so far that has not proven to be an issue. Previously owned a 1984 Audi 5000 with manual transmission that I loved but didn't care for the high cost of maintenance and repair. I put more than 240k miles on it before I traded. This newer one is substantially more sophisticated than the 1984 version and, I hope, more reliable. Have been amazed by in-town gas mileage which averages over 22 mpg in town to go with a respectable 30 mpg on the highway. I do drive conservatively and plan to keep the A6 for a long time.

Quality inside and out; big trunk; CVT; sound system; good road manners; good gas mileage; and, great overall design.

More - and larger - cup holders!

Awesome Car while on warranty
By Brian 2004 A6 S Line

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned two Audi A6 2.7 S lines. The car handles great and has a sleek look. You can't beat the sophisticated interior and the features are extremely well thought out. However, if you intend to buy this car without an warranty or extended warranty beware! I have been to the shop too many times. I know all the technicians by name and could give you their family histories. Electronic problems, oil leakage, bad gaskets, transmission, transmission, transmission. Did I mention transmission. I love the car, but I'm going japanese from here. good luck.

Interior styling, Bose stereo. Fold down rear seats. Full size spare.

Reliability, tighter bucket seats