Used 2004 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Audi A6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Another Great Audi Product.
By MattW

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

We were needing to get something a little larger than our A4. I looked at Caddys, Jags, Beemers, Mercs and Inf. There was always something about them that made them either feel very dated on the inside (Jag, Merc, BMW) or cheap on the inside (Inf, Caddy). When I first looked at the A6 I looked at the 3.0 CVT model, but heard many negs about the CVT. Decided to risk the turbos and step up to the 2.7T S-Line as it wasn't much more money on the used market. I am so pleased with my decision. The car is beautiful inside and out. It performs great in all conditions. Decent fuel economy. I haven't loved a car as much as this one since my 1993 & 97 Infiniti J30. And this car blows em away.

Sport Leather Seats, Sport 18 inch wheels, red gauges and red mood light from ceiling, interior fit and finish. Hasn't dated at all despite it being a 5 year old car. Take a look at the BMW and it looks far older. Handles awesomely for such a heavy car!

Turbo boost gauge should be in instrument cluster or onboard LCD screen. I would like to know when it is in operation as I try to warm the car up before I run it hard. Automatic headlights would be nice too.

Worth It
By audi happy

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car for my wife and we both love it. The ride is great, and the cabin is first class. When I walk by it I can't help but stare at it. Had one problem bad brake light switch caused alarms, but $100 fix. Now I'm looking for the A6 4.2 V8 for me. Mercedes are so bland and BMW's are ugly. If you want a great car that makes you happy every time you drive it, buy Audi.

Everything

Wish it was the V8

Extra Performance is Easy!
By LuckyAZ

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a great car for any family. The added bonus (for dad or mom) is the easy modification. I have added a GIAC perfromance chip, cold air intake and better turbo valves. This car easily outruns a Mustang GT in the straight line and on the track. It is fun to pass so-called "sports cars" with my son's car-seat in the back.

The dual turbo easily accepts upgrades. The performance chip added over 60 hp and 70 lbs/ft tq. for only $500. Cold air iontake added over over 10 hp.

Gas mileage is low, and the rear seats should fold down. Luxury is defined by options. A large trunk should give way to folding seats.

Exceptional Automobile
By Mars

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Have owned Volvos, Benz, Bimmers, you name it; our 2004 S-line A6 has been the best handling, most reliable auto ever. Chicago winters, no problem. Many x-country trips in every season. The car has never once let us down. Minor electronic nuisance with turn signal relay, but that's it. Developed outside water leak in front passenger floor area which we still haven't tracked down, but what the hey...shopping for a nice all road with the same mechanicals as we need more room to carry stuff with a new business. Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market.

Looks, performance, handling

Cup holders, some minor plastic parts could be metal (arm rest hinge assembly)...brake light, turn signal relays need better quality

So far, so good!
By BamaBill

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Love the look and, so far, love the car. Purchased used with 8 months remaining on warranty which provided a little peace of mind. Nearest dealer is 70 miles away but so far that has not proven to be an issue. Previously owned a 1984 Audi 5000 with manual transmission that I loved but didn't care for the high cost of maintenance and repair. I put more than 240k miles on it before I traded. This newer one is substantially more sophisticated than the 1984 version and, I hope, more reliable. Have been amazed by in-town gas mileage which averages over 22 mpg in town to go with a respectable 30 mpg on the highway. I do drive conservatively and plan to keep the A6 for a long time.

Quality inside and out; big trunk; CVT; sound system; good road manners; good gas mileage; and, great overall design.

More - and larger - cup holders!