2004 model year has the best reliability
By jimsrod on
2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)
I'm the 2nd owner off lease. I've been driving it for 2 years now. First couple of months the car was stock and throttle response a bit dead. I had the ECU chipped and it really livened it up. Plus gas mileage is a couple per gallon better (not great about 20 MPG combined city / hwy). I've tinted the windows and added aftermarket wheels to the otherwise boring design of the 18" S- Line stockers. Oil lines to the turbos were updated for 2004 so no more blown turbos (one goes you've got to replace the other)! Ride is very nice and not too harsh. S-Line A6 2.7t's aren't on every corner so you feel like you're in a more exclusive club. Love the car...luxury and sportiness all in one!
Favorite Features
Interior is beautiful (typical Audi) better than BMW and Mercedes. Steering wheel controls, smooth flowing exterior, lower suspension and better handling with the sport package. AC/Heat is very quick in doing its job. Very roomy interior with plenty of space for four 6' tall men. Quick car!
Suggested Improvements
CUP HOLDERS for the front passengers. Stereo could be have more power. Stock diverter valves don't hold boost for the turbos effectively.