2004 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

2004 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Worth It
By audi happy on 02/08/09 19:56 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car for my wife and we both love it. The ride is great, and the cabin is first class. When I walk by it I can't help but stare at it. Had one problem bad brake light switch caused alarms, but $100 fix. Now I'm looking for the A6 4.2 V8 for me. Mercedes are so bland and BMW's are ugly. If you want a great car that makes you happy every time you drive it, buy Audi.

Extra Performance is Easy!
By LuckyAZ on 12/14/08 14:45 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a great car for any family. The added bonus (for dad or mom) is the easy modification. I have added a GIAC perfromance chip, cold air intake and better turbo valves. This car easily outruns a Mustang GT in the straight line and on the track. It is fun to pass so-called "sports cars" with my son's car-seat in the back.

Exceptional Automobile
By Mars on 12/12/08 07:33 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Have owned Volvos, Benz, Bimmers, you name it; our 2004 S-line A6 has been the best handling, most reliable auto ever. Chicago winters, no problem. Many x-country trips in every season. The car has never once let us down. Minor electronic nuisance with turn signal relay, but that's it. Developed outside water leak in front passenger floor area which we still haven't tracked down, but what the hey...shopping for a nice all road with the same mechanicals as we need more room to carry stuff with a new business. Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market.

So far, so good!
By BamaBill on 08/29/08 15:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Love the look and, so far, love the car. Purchased used with 8 months remaining on warranty which provided a little peace of mind. Nearest dealer is 70 miles away but so far that has not proven to be an issue. Previously owned a 1984 Audi 5000 with manual transmission that I loved but didn't care for the high cost of maintenance and repair. I put more than 240k miles on it before I traded. This newer one is substantially more sophisticated than the 1984 version and, I hope, more reliable. Have been amazed by in-town gas mileage which averages over 22 mpg in town to go with a respectable 30 mpg on the highway. I do drive conservatively and plan to keep the A6 for a long time.

Awesome Car while on warranty
By Brian 2004 A6 S Line on 06/18/08 20:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned two Audi A6 2.7 S lines. The car handles great and has a sleek look. You can't beat the sophisticated interior and the features are extremely well thought out. However, if you intend to buy this car without an warranty or extended warranty beware! I have been to the shop too many times. I know all the technicians by name and could give you their family histories. Electronic problems, oil leakage, bad gaskets, transmission, transmission, transmission. Did I mention transmission. I love the car, but I'm going japanese from here. good luck.

Most fun car I have ever owned
By Satisfied Audi Owner on 06/02/08 14:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is the 29th registered in my name. Love the style, motor, and creature comforts. Great acceleration, comfortable on my frequest long drives. Seems to have a great build quality. Bought it certified, definitely the way to go. Black on black with S-line, cold weather, and all the creature comforts. I get stopped all the time by people commenting on it. Not bad considering the new body style in 05

The best of the best
By B Double on 05/17/08 15:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is honestly the best car I have ever owned. I bought it with 45000 as a CPO and haven't looked back. No issues at all so far and I just keep loving it more and more as the days go on. You will not find a better all wheel drive system out there. This past winter was a breeze driving around, it literally feels like your on rails.

A ver different German Experience
By Auto Expert on 05/05/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

After owning an E55 AMG this Audi seems a bit slow by comparison. The ride quality is exceptional however the overall handling is not up to par with other "sports sedans". I am impressed with most of what this car has to offer. I am not a big fan of the "quattro" system however, living in No. California there really is no need for "AWD". I wish that Audi would offer their cars with "rear wheel drive" and quattro. This is a fine car for anyone seeking a high line luxury used car. I would recommend the Audi extended warranty with any used German car you consider purchasing. There is just too much that can go wrong with these highly technical vehicles.

Love this car
By G on 05/03/08 13:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Interior build is A. Feels like true luxury car. Great handling/cornering. Family feels safe in this car.

Poor Man's RS6.
By the car expert... on 04/22/08 23:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I have been a fan of the RS6 model since it came out. Then Audi decided to make a "S-Line" A6 twin turbo V6. This is a terrific car to own (provided you protect your investment and buy the extended warranty!) I found that owning this beautiful sedan is really a pleasure. While I don't need the "quattro" feature here in Northern CA. Other than that, I really enjoy the engine's performance, the elegant euro design inside and out and the ride quality and quiet driving experience. All in all I highly recommend owning this fine sedan if "European Sporty Luxury" is something you are looking for.