Used 2004 Audi A6 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Audi A6 Wagon

3.0 Avant quattro 3.0L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )

Purchased Used with 62k miles
By charbojr

2004 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this off the lot with 62k miles on it. This will be my daily driver. Purchased for it's all weather capability and european refinement. For a 10 year old car this one is in fairly good shape. Some gremlins do plague the car, phantom sunroof, power steering pump went in the first 20 days and driver side rear window does not work. But this is part and parcel for a 10 year old car. It is also a heavy drinker. 18 around town and 22-24 highway on premium gas. Beyond these nuances the car is capable, comfortable, solid on the road and for the money drives better than most newer cars and has more cargo space than most SUVs.

Favorite Features

Quattro AWD, phantom sunroof (for novalty sake) ride and handling a million times better than most SUVs.

Worst car ever
By btoring

2004 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle started leaking oil and running rough at less than 12k. Dealer would not repair. Finaly after many complaints, dealer found coolant was leaking into the head gaskets. Short story is dealer has had the head gaskets out 3 separate times to 'resurface', car still leaking oil, repaired that several times. I was told the car is like a piece of cheese, when one hole is fixed, another opens up! That must be professional mechanic speak. Car has been in 29 times for serious repair in less than 2 years.

Best on market, get one while you can!
By I75AVANT

2004 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Prior auto was 2001 A6 2.8 Front Track "Celebration Package" - It was entry level but got me in the door. Was impressed by warranty support. My lease was up and my 2004 Avant was sitting on the lot - it was meant to be. Quattro is AMAZING! I found myself in the left lane being tailgated by a trucker - Tiptronic - from 75 to 85 in nothing flat to get myself out of a bad situation. The Michelins and Quattro were like rails. Needless to say, the best safety feature is a car capable of getting you out of a bad situation before it occurs.

Favorite Features

WARRANTY/SERVICE Amber interior lighting Seat Comfort Displays 6 CD in Dash/ Wheel mounted controls Overall quality feel without being "In your face!" Drives better than the similar Benz.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders - but who really cares about cupholders?

Audi A6 Avant
By lhata

2004 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent automobile that my family loves!

Favorite Features

Heated seats and rear seat air conditioning.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement is with the air conditioning fan, which makes a whooshing sound at idle.

Looks Great, Drives even better!
By DJPalland

2004 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Audi A6, my first one was a 96 Avant, the 2nd one a 00 Sedan, I missed the cargospace, so i bought the 04 Avant. Drives great, handling is good. I think the looks are better than the BMW 5 series touring.

Favorite Features

Xenon, Interior, 17" rims, Nav, sportseats, overall design.

Suggested Improvements

Dealerships